• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I dont know, and I dont care. I think its mountain and mole hill stuff - and I think its looking for problems without any real reason to do so.

His dip in form coincided with our leaving WHL. With Wanyama getting injured. Or should I focus on how it also coincided with Jupiter moving retrograde through Libra...?

I agree

The moons are no longer aligned for young Dele and his previous efforts were all because of the stars aligning

I’m yet to see a young player come into the seen to be as good as he is/was/could be not have a dip in form and have a problem season

We shouldn’t have dumped bale because we couldn’t win a game with him

United should not have persevered with Ronaldo in his first few seasons as he clearly cousins cut it

Alli is suffering from over achievement and resetting the bar on expectations massively

I think that could be applied to the whole team.

True but we have some proven internationals here

Alli is what 20/21... and the youngest in our team behind winks who is even less experienced

We have high demands as fans which we should but we shouldn’t also reflect on who we make those demands of

Even when Dele was on form he never dominated a game, but he always contributed an assist or a goal. He reminds me of Gus Poyet in that sense (a better version of course). So I dont think his 'form' will be too hard to get back. Maybe a year of mediocrity will do him good, I do think his previous performances and tabloid speculation might of allowed his ego to think he's better than he is which is understandable at such an age. Maybe an underwhelming season is what he needs....

True but we have some proven internationals here

Alli is what 20/21... and the youngest in our team behind winks who is even less experienced

We have high demands as fans which we should but we shouldn’t also reflect on who we make those demands of

They "fans" are now whipped up into a frenzy of expectation by the media, look at the drivel that followed the Real win. Dont get me wrong the CL games were great. But!

I dont know, and I dont care. I think its mountain and mole hill stuff - and I think its looking for problems without any real reason to do so.

His dip in form coincided with our leaving WHL. With Wanyama getting injured. Or should I focus on how it also coincided with Jupiter moving retrograde through Libra...?

I think it's just a difficult second season situation (I know it's not technically his second season), like most young players go through. When they sort of first get found out and have to learn to play a bit smarter.

I think it's just a difficult second season situation (I know it's not technically his second season), like most young players go through. When they sort of first get found out and have to learn to play a bit smarter.

Totally agree with this, especially because his expectations were just so huge after last season. I don't think coming back to earth a little bit will necessarily be a bad thing, and he will probably benefit from expectation dampening a bit. He's an excellent, super promising player, but he's still a way off being a true elite player like Kane, Eriksen, TBA, etc.

I do worry for him in the World Cup, b/c it seems like he's becoming public enemy #1 for fans of most other clubs, and I'm sure he'll get the brunt of the blame if England disappoint.

Agree about the world cup. If anything Dele is playing even worse for England than he is for Spurs. A lot will be expected of him in the summer and I don't think he is going to deliver. The media and fans will lynch him imo

Agree about the world cup. If anything Dele is playing even worse for England than he is for Spurs. A lot will be expected of him in the summer and I don't think he is going to deliver. The media and fans will lynch him imo

The new Rooney?

To be honest its not his form that concerns me ( as i said earlier in the thread) its the way he is tending to lose control of his emotions ( lets be honest he should have had a red card and not for the first time in his short carear ). He has already had several suspensions and that needs to be bought under control

There was always going to be a dip in his performances ( it happens to ALL young players)..

To be honest its not his form that concerns me ( as i said earlier in the thread) its the way he is tending to lose control of his emotions ( lets be honest he should have had a red card and not for the first time in his short carear ). He has already had several suspensions and that needs to be bought under control

There was always going to be a dip in his performances ( it happens to ALL young players)..

Jonjo Shelvey springs to mind - another great prospect whose self control and decision making has cost him.
No two player are that alike but it's an example.
Was trying to think of another but I'll leave that to wiser and 'older' ;) heads.....

Back