• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

H'mm. Iirc in response to someone who said Alli needs a kick up the arse the other day you retorted he ALWAYS needs as kick up the arse (my caps).

When I listed at least four games this season where he excelled you just weren't having it.

Then you wonder why you get called out for your negativity.

All it needs is a little balance and credit where it's due, but maybe you feel you have the right to go OTT about any player you like without the right of reply?
Sorry but you’ve just made that up. The poster said ‘time for Poch to get Dele back to his best’ to which I replied when isn’t it time for him to? Basically saying at what point is Poch not trying to get the best out of Dele - I’ve checked the post to make sure that’s accurate.

Yes you listed four games where Dele played well, did I or anyone say he has never played well this season? He has been well below par this season, whether that be because of the high standards he has set himself or whatever he has. What exactly is wrong with saying that? You’ve just highlighted the posters point by making out like I’m massively hating on him. He’s young, I expect him to make mistakes and fluctuate in form - so what? Does that mean we can’t say when he’s out of form or suggest he gets taken out of the firing line for a bit?

My issue with the criticism is it’s 90% speculation as to why he isn’t performing and that is all conjecture

New agent
Poor body language
Lazy
Tired
Things he has made it
Arrogance

Their are plenty but absolutely none of them based on facts just opinions

The facts are he is in his third season with a higher expectation than ever but he is also the youngest player on our side

Anything beyond that is pretty much speculative b011ocks
Of course - the fact you’ve given a comprehensive list shows how much he’s contending with for someone so young and it’s probably a combination of all those things as to why his form has taken a downturn. Noting to be concerned about long term....

Of course - the fact you’ve given a comprehensive list shows how much he’s contending with for someone so young and it’s probably a combination of all those things as to why his form has taken a downturn. Noting to be concerned about long term....

Nothing at all IMO

There is not better chant than We’ve Got Alli when he is helping us win

My issue with the criticism is it’s 90% speculation as to why he isn’t performing and that is all conjecture

New agent
Poor body language
Lazy
Tired
Things he has made it
Arrogance

The facts are he is in his third season with a higher expectation than ever but he is also the youngest player on our side

tickle my balls with a feather, it makes me wonder if some of those who are critical of him never had things to learn when they were his age.

New agent
Poor body language
Lazy
Tired
Things he has made it
Arrogance

Totally agree. More than anything, he's a victim of unfair expectations this year. He was built up so insanely high last year that the media and fans expect him to be a Hazard, De Bruyne, Silva, Alexis, Kane level player who should be bossing it every week. He's not. What he is, is a very good young player in the class of Jesus, Sané, or Rashford.

He may get to KDB/Hazard level one day (especially if he stays with us), but he's not there yet and there are very few 21 year-olds who are.

Indeed, I've noticed it more and more of late on here- you give any criticism to any of the favourites whether it be the coach or players and its made out like you're saying they're not good enough and want rid. Its ridiculous, questioning someone's performance or form doesnt mean they arent appreciated....

One thing I have noticed mate, is that there is an increasing inability in society generally to clearly articulate. Criticism is important, absolutely. Criticism combined with blind conjecture and character assumptions is a whole other kettle of fish, especially when it appears only after disappointing results.

One thing I have noticed mate, is that there is an increasing inability in society generally to clearly articulate. Criticism is important, absolutely. Criticism combined with blind conjecture and character assumptions is a whole other kettle of fish, especially when it appears only after disappointing results.
Fair enough Steff if that’s how you feel, I don’t get to read a lot of posts on this forum so maybe there are some I’ve missed that have been OTT. To be fair criticism is always going to appear more after a defeat, that’s when we have performed poorly and there are usually reasons for doing so....

Fair enough Steff if that’s how you feel, I don’t get to read a lot of posts on this forum so maybe there are some I’ve missed that have been OTT. To be fair criticism is always going to appear more after a defeat, that’s when we have performed poorly and there are usually reasons for doing so....

I think it is important to note that I agree, criticism is certainly sometimes valid and necessary, but some of the comments lack any semblance of justification beyond throwaway anger and frustration. Anyway mate, all good, onwards and upwards...

There's this weird thing that happens where you can't say anything remotely critical of a player without people claiming that you want them out of your club or think they're brick.

As good as he was last season (he was fudging brilliant), I think Alli was a bit overrated by the media after last season (he was at the top of most "Best Young Player in the World" lists). I think a lot of that came down to the fact that the rest of the core of the team was still so underrated by the media. Kane aside, I don't think the media appreciated how good of a platform players like Eriksen, Wanyama, Dembele, Alderweireld, Walker, Rose, Dier, and Vertonghen gave to Alli last year... Eriksen especially. He was able to play a bit of a free role and was often the recipient of great work from Eriksen, Kane, Alderweireld etc. Though his role was super important, I'm not sure he was ever quite as essential as some of our other players, as evidenced by Son's ridiculous goal-scoring numbers when he'd play that role.

I think this little "blip" (even though I don't even think he's been that bad) could actually be a good thing if he realizes just how good he has it in this team. I'm sure the team, the fans, and the coaching staff will keep rallying around him, and he'll be back in the goals soon enough. I also think this might lead to Dele signing a good long contract here (which he deserves) and continuing his development at a more sustainable rate.

I was replying to someone who literally said we should sell him and so im not really sure what my post has to do with your response?

Back