• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

He should be facing a ban. He is starting to develop real form in dishing out dangerous tackles.

This for me as well, how many suspensions has he served already? someone needs to get a grip of him and soon. I have supported him this season when some fans have been slagging off his performances but he needs to stop acting like a spoilt brat when things are going wrong on the field.

This for me as well, how many suspensions has he served already? someone needs to get a grip of him and soon. I have supported him this season when some fans have been slagging off his performances but he needs to stop acting like a spoilt brat when things are going wrong on the field.

My feelings exactly. Alas, his agent situ is playing havoc methinks.

Shocking tackle and he was VERY lucky to escape the red card.

He is at a bit of a "moment" in career. It is far too early for youngster to have to deal with these problems but he has to, and quickly.
If he can't deal with pressure at Spurs the next step up the pressure lader will ruin him.

He might be edging himself nearer the door, I'm not sure it will not be by design with his new agent management team calling the shots.

He is at a bit of a "moment" in career. It is far too early for youngster to have to deal with these problems but he has to, and quickly.
If he can't deal with pressure at Spurs the next step up the pressure lader will ruin him.

This, I agree with. He has hit a fork in the road, and who he deals with it will have a big impact upon how his career goes from here.

And thats what it all amounts to, IMO. He is young, a kid really, and he finds himself as one of the leagues major players. Its a lot to deal with, the attention on and off the pitch, the responsibility, the expectation...

I think its as simple as that, he is at a point where he needs to learn to deal with it. And while I want him to get his head around it ASAP, I also respect that it takes time. It could be this season he just has a stinker, and over the summer it sinks in and he makes sense of it, and next season he is better than ever.

The point is, we need to be patient.

And Im sorry, but this?
He might be edging himself nearer the door, I'm not sure it will not be by design with his new agent management team calling the shots.

Is nonsense. Its conspiracy, looking for problems beyond the obvious. And, IMO, its the sort of thing that is not only unnecessary its also potentially damaging.

We're quite a dirty team under Poch and, generally, I don't mind it because I think it's necessary to compete. But I don't want our players doing tackles like Dele's one, that's just trying to hurt another player and there's no place for it. He needs to channel his aggression/frustration.

I'd like to see Dele played a bit deeper for a bit. He can pass, he can dribble but he won't be under pressure to score and create. Winks has gone off the boil imo and Dembele was pathetic against City and his fitness means he can't be relied upon anyway, even if he plays well.

Let Dele play deeper and get Lamela in the team. Drop Winks/Dembele to accommodate this.

I miss Dele's runs into the box. He seemed to do that much more often last season.

While seriously off form, I think he would benefit from not trying to hard; doing the basics well instead of trying to dribble his way past 2-3 players. He can do that when his form and confidence is back.

I also think he's suffering from the lack of collective offensive fluidity in the team this season. Dele thrives off the small one-twos, flicks and overlaps that we don't do very well at the moment.

Should've seen red though.

The problem I have with Alli is if he isnt scoring goals he is not doing much else which is the mark of a class player and a world class player. Also that tackle was out of order

Paul Scholes and Gazza - the two players Alli is closest to in my book - were both prone to a tackle like that throughout their careers. It's part and parcel of that aggressive drive they have.

Paul Scholes and Gazza - the two players Alli is closest to in my book - were both prone to a tackle like that throughout their careers. It's part and parcel of that aggressive drive they have.

Same as in standard of tackling right?

He is nowhere near them on ability

Reality is for Dele at the moment is that he may want to move if not this summer then next. We will want 80-100mil minimum and im not sure i see a club willing to take that risk at the moment.
Have the same feeling with Rose, we will want 50mil but he hasnt showed since a year out he can return to the same player.

Sadly the rules have changed. "Mistimed" is now a red and a three matches out.

Reality is for Dele at the moment is that he may want to move if not this summer then next. We will want 80-100mil minimum and im not sure i see a club willing to take that risk at the moment.
Have the same feeling with Rose, we will want 50mil but he hasnt showed since a year out he can return to the same player.

Not going to be a popular comment but if we got 100-120m for Alli I would take it

Is nonsense. Its conspiracy, looking for problems beyond the obvious. And, IMO, its the sort of thing that is not only unnecessary its also potentially damaging.

His dip in form has coincided with his agent change. This will be a very big event for such a young player and could unfortunately cause a bigger detraction in one so young. Did he actually sign up with Gestifute?

His dip in form has coincided with his agent change. This will be a very big event for such a young player and could unfortunately cause a bigger detraction in one so young. Did he actually sign up with Gestifute?

I dont know, and I dont care. I think its mountain and mole hill stuff - and I think its looking for problems without any real reason to do so.

His dip in form coincided with our leaving WHL. With Wanyama getting injured. Or should I focus on how it also coincided with Jupiter moving retrograde through Libra...?

Back