• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

His highest goal return for us was 5 goals in 18 Premier League matches, he achieved this in his first half season after arriving in 2021/22.

This season he has scored 3 in 13, so it’s not far removed to think that he could score one or two more in the next five matches. He’s also hit the woodwork at least twice this season including with an effort in the match against Villa.

3 goals in 13 works out as an average of 0.231 goals per game to three Dp. If that’s extrapolated for the whole season then he is on course to score 8(.7) for the season. Which is an ok return for someone not deemed to be a high return wide player.

We do need more goals from the team but right now given our missing players it’s a lot harder to achieve that. We miss Maddison and Son is off form. But we can get back there.

Johnson could help to deliver goals to the team. He’s thought of by many as a goal scoring attacker except he only scored 8 last season for Nottingham Forest, the same 8 that Kulusevski could be on course to achieve for us this season.

We do need goals from the wide positions to support Son. Especially as it’s unlikely any of our central midfielders will find those numbers in the absence of Maddison. So how do we get there? It’s a question which Ange will have to answer and which answer will likely dictate how ‘successful’ we are this season.
8 from johnson
8 from kulu
15 from Maddison or whoever is playing the 10 role
20 plus from Sonny
It can work

But we do need to fix the goals issue now with all the attacking we are doing

I think he is fine TBH, played really well at the weekend, should have notched yeh, but saw enough of him in the first season to know we have a quality player. If we had a run up to it without the injury crisis and all thats happening I am sure him and Johnson would be 10+ goal wingers to support Son.

Is Ake still horisontal in the air? I chuckled at the force and execution of that header. Absolute class - Kulu really, really wanted to win that challenge. Brilliant goal.

Think he's getting back to his best with his overall play as well.

Textbook example of who really wants the ball

He (as he always does) worked his nuts off all game, get that goal tally up and we will really have a player there.

His numbers were always going to suffer with Kane gone, when he broke through Son and Kane were in a purple streak, they didn't really miss anything he created. His numbers were brilliant then but not sustainable. He's having a good season and on track for 10 league goals which would be excellent.

Textbook example of who really wants the ball

He (as he always does) worked his nuts off all game, get that goal tally up and we will really have a player there.
Goal involvements should be the key start for Deki. He's shown that he can be an absolute assist machine. Sure, I'd love to see him score a few more, but as long as he's involved in the build up I'm happy.

I find it hard to believe that Kulusevski only has one assist so far this season. Then again our finishing often has let us down. He averages 2 key passes per game and so if we can become more clinical more consistently then his assist numbers will naturally rise.

Important and a very good player for us, goes under the radar as most of he good work goes unoticed by some fans but for me he is one of the first players on the team sheet.

I find it hard to believe that Kulusevski only has one assist so far this season. Then again our finishing often has let us down. He averages 2 key passes per game and so if we can become more clinical more consistently then his assist numbers will naturally rise.
He got an assist vs city for some goal
We have missed a lot of chances that he has created though
He has played in 62 prem games
11 goals
And 16 assists
That’s pretty damn decent numbers

He got an assist vs city for some goal
We have missed a lot of chances that he has created though
He has played in 62 prem games
11 goals
And 16 assists
That’s pretty damn decent numbers

Definitely. He’s a player I rate highly, I was just surprised that he only assisted one goal so far this season.

Definitely. He’s a player I rate highly, I was just surprised that he only assisted one goal so far this season.
Is that correct
I have to admit I can’t think of another off the top of my head other than the one from the weekend
but we have been super wasteful too

I'm not .. (and not having a dig)

Kulu works his nuts off, adds physicality to the front line, constantly provides an outlet ball, that hasn't changed

This season (and I've seen him live a lot), he's been poor with his shooting and he hasn't mixed up his cut back vs. going to the line and using right foot enough. This was my general comment that his final contribution hasn't been as high as it can be, City game was an improvement, he just needs to keep at it.

Is Ake still horisontal in the air? I chuckled at the force and execution of that header. Absolute class - Kulu really, really wanted to win that challenge. Brilliant goal.

Think he's getting back to his best with his overall play as well.

That was the perfect ball to attack, too many crosses aimed at players rather than danger area, few players can head ball from standing still.

He is that kid you play football with at the park that you know will hold onto it too long and only passes when he really needs too.

Very poor tonight. Far too predictable and slow to release the ball. I don't think playing low block, park the bus teams suits him. It was just too congested.

He looked absolutely knackered to be fair. I was critical of him in the omt but he has more than enough credit in the bank.. Johnson and Son weren't any better tonight

Son and kulu have run their legs off this season, son chasing everything going forward and kulu helping out in defence. Having nobody to rotate with displays like tonight we're always possible.
Johnson is a young lad in a new team with a new way of playing, it will take time.
Some of posts tonight are a bit OTT IMHO.

Back