• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

Son and kulu have run their legs off this season, son chasing everything going forward and kulu helping out in defence. Having nobody to rotate with displays like tonight we're always possible.
Johnson is a young lad in a new team with a new way of playing, it will take time.
Some of posts tonight are a bit OTT IMHO.

Son & Deki get a pass for me

Johnson is a young player doing the good game, bad game, good game, bad game cycle.

Challenge is we didn't have a bench to swap out the players that were obviously having an off day.

Johnson is a young player doing the good game, bad game, good game, bad game cycle.

Challenge is we didn't have a bench to swap out the players that were obviously having an off day.
And you have to wonder how much of an impact having those options would have
I’d say a lot but until we see it…

What happened after the final whistle? Deki was going after the ref and was being held back. Was it that late challenge on him that left him in the ad hoardings that went unpunished that tinkled him off?

The front line is a strange one, Son is class, in certain situations, but asides from him we have no players which i would nail down as starters like i would the rest of the starting XI - keep Johnson Kulu & Son and then bring in 3 new ones as a priority before the start of next season imv

What happened after the final whistle? Deki was going after the ref and was being held back. Was it that late challenge on him that left him in the ad hoardings that went unpunished that tinkled him off?
I don't think it was exactly a "late challenge on him that left him in the ad hoardings". He was about to challenge Paqueta when Paqueta collapsed like he had been shot, and was then grinning and laughing at Deki and giggling with Emerson that he had conned the ref.
So Deki was lying there extremely frustrated with how the game had played out and with his own performance and with West Ham's cheating.

All Deki needs to do is fire in some crosses hard and low and see what happens.
There is no point lofting in slow crosses to Son vs 2 centre backs.
There is no point rolling it back to Hojbjerg.
Either get to the byline and whack it into the legs, or win a pen, or just blat it between the defence and keeper, but DO NOT keep rolling it back to Hojbjerg et al.

I don't think it was exactly a "late challenge on him that left him in the ad hoardings". He was about to challenge Paqueta when Paqueta collapsed like he had been shot, and was then grinning and laughing at Deki and giggling with Emerson that he had conned the ref.
So Deki was lying there extremely frustrated with how the game had played out and with his own performance and with West Ham's cheating.

All Deki needs to do is fire in some crosses hard and low and see what happens.
There is no point lofting in slow crosses to Son vs 2 centre backs.
There is no point rolling it back to Hojbjerg.
Either get to the byline and whack it into the legs, or win a pen, or just blat it between the defence and keeper, but DO NOT keep rolling it back to Hojbjerg et al.
It does seem that simple
but we have seen deki fly... when he can get space (West Ham had Paqueta and Emerson doubling down in him)
but with that it should mean more room for others

He got a little bit of an elbow/forearm in the face, which caused him to go down in that challenge. I think it was frustration from that, his performance and the result all coming to the surface.

He got a little bit of an elbow/forearm in the face, which caused him to go down in that challenge. I think it was frustration from that, his performance and the result all coming to the surface.
Indeed, I had no clue Deki was so injured in that moment.
Hats off to him for soldiering on today, he was excellent again in the #10 role. Yes he needs to release it quicker in general, but he was good again; he is a real goal threat and was thundering into challenges from the start.

I definitely prefer him in the 10 role. He is less hampered by being out wide.

Also I think Johnson is way better on the right. It's more natural for him. So it's a win for both of them.

Son though. Today he showed what we need from our wide players. Got past his man in the outside. Low crosses into the center.. Same from Johnson.

Last edited:
Another very good game from him, one of those players who may not get the acclaim but he is usually involved with our best play.
Was fantastic.

Great to see him play so well in the centre. Gives us much needed flexibility with Maddison out now and going forward if we add another attacking player.

In this system perhaps even more suited to that role than the wide right role?

Was fantastic.

Great to see him play so well in the centre. Gives us much needed flexibility with Maddison out now and going forward if we add another attacking player.

He could well be if his performance the last game is anything to go by. However once we get Madds and Bents back not sure he would play there over them. Its a good problem to have though.

Was fantastic.

It's his favourite position and where he seems himself but he acknowledges he gets more goals and assists from the right hand side. I imagine he is now one of our go to backups along with Bentancur when did the Maddison/10 role.

I have to say that finally after really hating our midfield and the options we've had for years I'm very, very pleased with the variety of options we potentially have. If anyone has ever paid any attention to my posts I was always bloody moaning about how inadequate the various players were. Thank GHod that time has now gone.

He could well be if his performance the last game is anything to go by. However once we get Madds and Bents back not sure he would play there over them. Its a good problem to have though.
Next season with (hopefully) a lot more games I think there will be plenty of game time going around.

Have thought that a backup for Maddison that could also play wide would be a really good purchase. But perhaps Kulusevski is that player and already here. Could make things a bit easier with recruitment.

Next season with (hopefully) a lot more games I think there will be plenty of game time going around.

Have thought that a backup for Maddison that could also play wide would be a really good purchase. But perhaps Kulusevski is that player and already here. Could make things a bit easier with recruitment.

I am trying not to get carried away with our improvements in the team and the way we are playing, however even counting the recent defeats i think as Spurs fans we should be looking forward to happy times. ( probably jinked it now) :eek:

Back