• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

He pulled out a nice trick where he juked out the defender who assumed deki would go inside, but instead he moved the ball outside and put the ball in. I've been with the majority in thinking he's not been as effective as when he first joined us, but he does have his moments and has good ball retention usually. He does sometimes lose the ball, but that's normal for any attacking player. Maddison loses the ball sometimes as well, and Son lost it a lot last season. I'm glad Ange gives the players the freedom to try to be clever, as long as there's an element of it adding to our football first and foremost.

Doesn't explain his total lack of end product when he has the ball at his feet. It's either backwards or lose the ball.

You’ve just described Richarlison’s season. Kulu admittedly isn’t at his best but he was excellent against Luton helping us see the game out. The end product isn’t quite there but richarlison endlessly gives the ball the away, misses chances and doesn’t look like scoring.

Think he's, in general, been poor. Offered very little tonight, less than Richy who is getting slaughtered by some. Seems we have a load that can play LWF but lack competition for RWF.

I agree about the lack of competition for Kulu. Richarlison is getting criticism because he hasnt been good enough. Right now he’s the easiest player in the starting lineup to improve/upgrade on. Johnson came on and immediately got an assist. Richarlison has played well in two games this season; Sheffield Utd and Liverpool.

I thought he made some bad decisions tonight, notably the quick corner when Maddison wasn't even looking. Think we should be expecting more from him.

I'm generally a little down on Kulu.. He does have good ball skills and retention. But he is playing in the front three. For once in tonight's game he went outside the defender.. I was glad to finally see it.

That corner though.. Lol

I do believe we are carrying two of our three forwards. I'll be interested to see how Gil gets on. And then Johnson getting more time.

I thought he made some bad decisions tonight, notably the quick corner when Maddison wasn't even looking. Think we should be expecting more from him.

In general I think he’s been ok. Not anywhere near his best though and as much as I have criticised Richy for his lack of goals/end product and his performances not being up to standard, Kulu does also need to find his shooting boots. Can’t expect Son to score in every game, the other forwards are going to need to pull their weight in terms of goals.

You’ve just described Richarlison’s season. Kulu admittedly isn’t at his best but he was excellent against Luton helping us see the game out. The end product isn’t quite there but richarlison endlessly gives the ball the away, misses chances and doesn’t look like scoring.
The key is … what is his end product that’s Ange wants

richarlison has a decent number of goal/assists now

kulu has brilliant numbers for the hard yards run and ball retention

they may well be the reason why son and Maddison can do what they do …

Ange is happy ish… I’m sure

kulu has brilliant numbers for the hard yards run and ball retention

they may well be the reason why son and Maddison can do what they do …

Ange is happy ish… I’m sure

Pretty sure he'll be given money to buy players in jan or at least next summer. He'll know where he wants to strengthen.

Kulusevski is lacking the numbers for end product, but he is creating chances.

Expected assists
Maddison - 3.2
Kulusevski - 2.1
Son - 1.9
Bissouma - 1
Richalison 0.7

Big chances created
Maddison - 6
Son - 5
Kulusevski - 3

Chances created
Maddison - 31
Kulusevski - 22
Son - 18
Solomon - 12

you would think we were struggling rather than being the form team across Europe
You love to live in the moment too much. You did the same under Mou and Conte when things were going well. things don't always stay the same as the endings with both of those coaches showed. We can improve on things we are not perfect as Ange has himself said and one of those things is either getting more from Kulu or playing someone else who produces more.

I like Kulu and I think his general performances have been better than some of the more surface layer analysis but at the same time let's not pretend he's performing either as well as he can or to the level we want from him. We know he can do better, we've seen it with our own eyes. He was the form RWF in the PL Jan 21 onwards. Now he's barely the form RWF at Spurs. Let's not accept mediocrity especially not from someone who we know can provide a lot more.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

You love to live in the moment too much. You did the same under Mou and Conte when things were going well. things don't always stay the same as the endings with both of those coaches showed. We can improve on things we are not perfect as Ange has himself said and one of those things is either getting more from Kulu or playing someone else who produces more.

I like Kulu and I think his general performances have been better than some of the more surface layer analysis but at the same time let's not pretend he's performing either as well as he can or to the level we want from him. We know he can do better, we've seen it with our own eyes. He was the form RWF in the PL Jan 21 onwards. Now he's barely the form RWF at Spurs. Let's not accept mediocrity especially not from someone who we know can provide a lot more.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
He is comfortably one of the best wide forwards in the league still
The measure people are using for him are wrong imo
And if we don’t live in the moment then why even follow football
It’s about a game
Not a season
If it was you never choose spurs for sure

I did also predict what would happen with conte long before we appointed him. The guys a clam who is so far up his own arse that’s where his hair come from

Mou was a potential fit if we hadn’t had Covid

Last edited:
Can improve and probably needs competition. Maybe Gil, Brennan and Richy switching wings. But he often drags two players with him and has improved in ball retention which gives us a safe outlet.

Compare him with Richy who loses the ball more often and enables the opposition a quick counter attack...i think let Kulu there longer to see if he can improve.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Back