• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dejan Kulusevski

I can't believe we're top of the league by 5 points, and people think they know better!

Should we just shut down the forum when we're top of the league?

Ange had a fair bit to say about the 2nd half performance against Fulham and it wasn't necessarily positive despite us getting the result. The analysis from him may be a little more enlightened but should we meagre internet dwellers not be afforded the same opportunity to discuss what's going well and what isn't outside of just the context of an early league table?

Not sure which "people that know better" you're referring to, it's always easier to take a vague swipe at imaginary folk rather than quoting directly though of course.

On Kulu, much like on the other wing we could ideally do with more goals but Deki is bringing so much in terms of working hard as well as carrying the ball. With Son and Maddison we're getting by but hopefully there are more goals to come from the flanks as well as the midfield to be fair. Not to harp on about it but I do think Kulu's delivery in to the far post will eventually be fruitful, whether it's Richy or Johnson on the end of it but I personally do want to see him shooting more as well.

He has been good, very good even. Not excellent. Seems to be a couple of things still not fully clicking into gear with him. That's absolutely fine.

If he keeps playing like this the end product will come.

Very happy with him.

Hate to say it again, but I really feel like Kulu slows down our attacks. Had a glorious counter-attacking opportunity today and he cut back on his left....waited and the chance was gone. Really feel he'd offer so much more on the left.

The main problem with switching him to the left is that he provides defensive support to Pedro Porro. He works hard but yes he needs to learn how to not always cut in and how to move forwards quicker.

Hate to say it again, but I really feel like Kulu slows down our attacks. Had a glorious counter-attacking opportunity today and he cut back on his left....waited and the chance was gone. Really feel he'd offer so much more on the left.
I see people saying this but what is it you see him offering? He isn't pacey so hes not going to be dribbling down the wing beating man after going against their stronger foot. He loses the angle for a shot (not that he shoots much), so the only gain is potentially from crossing but who is he crossing to? Son isn't any sort of aerial monster...

If we move Kulu anywhere, it should be to the centre.

Should we just shut down the forum when we're top of the league?

Ange had a fair bit to say about the 2nd half performance against Fulham and it wasn't necessarily positive despite us getting the result. The analysis from him may be a little more enlightened but should we meagre internet dwellers not be afforded the same opportunity to discuss what's going well and what isn't outside of just the context of an early league table?

Not sure which "people that know better" you're referring to, it's always easier to take a vague swipe at imaginary folk rather than quoting directly though of course.

On Kulu, much like on the other wing we could ideally do with more goals but Deki is bringing so much in terms of working hard as well as carrying the ball. With Son and Maddison we're getting by but hopefully there are more goals to come from the flanks as well as the midfield to be fair. Not to harp on about it but I do think Kulu's delivery in to the far post will eventually be fruitful, whether it's Richy or Johnson on the end of it but I personally do want to see him shooting more as well.

I wouldn't be against him taking the Madders role to at least link defence with attack. He is two footed in sence he can play on turn to either side, is strong as an ox, and can slide a pass.

I really like Kulu. Maybe that's why I get so frustrated with him.. Great left foot. So great that he never goes on his right.

His hold up play is great. He knows how to defend the ball. Great close control.

I liked him in the middle today because he could not be pushed inside. He does need to work on making defenders guess though. They know where he is going. That doesn't always mean they can stop him. But if he beat them once or twice on the outside then it would slow them up a little.

I really like Kulu. Maybe that's why I get so frustrated with him.. Great left foot. So great that he never goes on his right.

His hold up play is great. He knows how to defend the ball. Great close control.

I liked him in the middle today because he could not be pushed inside. He does need to work on making defenders guess though. They know where he is going. That doesn't always mean they can stop him. But if he beat them once or twice on the outside then it would slow them up a little.
Been saying this for ages. Less predictability, faster ball release. So many times, a player makes a run on the right flank and Kulu doesn't move the ball quickly enough. I feel like he's desperate to make something happen himself. Unlucky not to today, as his shot off the post was so nearly there. Just create chances for the team, the goal will come.

The modern day Dumitrescu?

The modern day Dumitrescu?
He effortlessly shrugged a fool to the floor yesterday, reminded me of Dembele. He's a big unit.
I agree he can bring more to the team in general.
He did some really excellent things when playing as #10 yesterday, very impressive.
Somehow we contrived to miss every chance, which was quite a feat really.

He needs to do something quickly, at the moment he is running into traffic and not releasing the ball early enough.
It could be this. But personally I think opposition have him pegged. Shift him inside to the waiting centre back. He then just lays it off.

I know Ange likes the wide men to stay wide. I wonder if he coaches them to always come inside and look for an option or one two.

Far better player then Dumi ( imo)

the comparison was made more for repeatedly cutting in rather than ability. I’m a big supporter of Kulusevski. He works tirelessly, can hold the ball up and keeps going and going. Plus has special moments with the ball.

the comparison was made more for repeatedly cutting in rather than ability. I’m a big supporter of Kulusevski. He works tirelessly, can hold the ball up and keeps going and going. Plus has special moments with the ball.

He needs to find back his scoring touch or he will get upgraded, time for him to hit the practice pitch and find the range on that far post shot he had with us for first season.

Our big problem now is -> Johnson, Solomon, Richi, Deki, Gil, out of those wide players we need someone who can put 10 goals in a season, that plus Son +Maddison is a model, if not I could see Ange going for another wide player.

He needs to find back his scoring touch or he will get upgraded, time for him to hit the practice pitch and find the range on that far post shot he had with us for first season.

Our big problem now is -> Johnson, Solomon, Richi, Deki, Gil, out of those wide players we need someone who can put 10 goals in a season, that plus Son +Maddison is a model, if not I could see Ange going for another wide player.

His highest goal return for us was 5 goals in 18 Premier League matches, he achieved this in his first half season after arriving in 2021/22.

This season he has scored 3 in 13, so it’s not far removed to think that he could score one or two more in the next five matches. He’s also hit the woodwork at least twice this season including with an effort in the match against Villa.

3 goals in 13 works out as an average of 0.231 goals per game to three Dp. If that’s extrapolated for the whole season then he is on course to score 8(.7) for the season. Which is an ok return for someone not deemed to be a high return wide player.

We do need more goals from the team but right now given our missing players it’s a lot harder to achieve that. We miss Maddison and Son is off form. But we can get back there.

Johnson could help to deliver goals to the team. He’s thought of by many as a goal scoring attacker except he only scored 8 last season for Nottingham Forest, the same 8 that Kulusevski could be on course to achieve for us this season.

We do need goals from the wide positions to support Son. Especially as it’s unlikely any of our central midfielders will find those numbers in the absence of Maddison. So how do we get there? It’s a question which Ange will have to answer and which answer will likely dictate how ‘successful’ we are this season.

Back