• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Will be very depressed if he's our first choice number 3 next season. (Old left back number from when players were 1-11 :) )

Some of the stuff written about Rose is disgusting IMO. He's not the best left back, but he's only played there a couple of years. It's also not his fault that he was our only left back last season.

I don't mind if he stays because he's decent backup to Davies. I'll forever love him for his goal against arsenal.

I don't know how Spurs "fans" could write such vitriol about someone playing for us.

Some of the stuff written about Rose is disgusting IMO. He's not the best left back, but he's only played there a couple of years. It's also not his fault that he was our only left back last season.

I don't mind if he stays because he's decent backup to Davies. I'll forever love him for his goal against arsenal.

I don't know how Spurs "fans" could write such vitriol about someone playing for us.

=D>

And he could well become a very decent player. He needs a clear playing instruction/ structure and a good coach.

It's because he has the unfortunate combination of being the worst player to wear a lilywhite shirt since Nethercott, and being a bit of a prick.

I've no issue with mediocre players who are pleasant (Naughton).

Rose is my least favourite player since Sherwood.

It's because he has the unfortunate combination of being the worst player to wear a lilywhite shirt since Nethercott, and being a bit of a prick.

That is an outrageous and unjustified comment.

Last season alone, Paulinho, Chadli and Soldado were worse than Rose. Presumably, because they were bought under the tenure of a foreign manager, they can't be subjected to criticism? It was the system, right? The system's that dimwit Sherwood selected, right? Uh huh.

At least Rose makes an effort.

In what way is he a prick? He showed a bit of (much needed) mongrel at Stoke last season, and the odd rash challenge...but I don't know how he could be considered a prick?

I must admit it's not so much his failings as a player that wind me up, just his seeming lack of desire to bust a gonad* and chase back when hes' out of position. He also seems to suffer a bit from small-man syndrome and gets over aggressive.

his speed and physical attributes are his strong points, but his decision making fails him badly. that's something that is going to be hard to change, especially in the modern game where fluidity and flux requires players to be aware and thinking all the time. maybe poch can help him through a well drilled system, but its going to be tough given that he is quite emotional and impulsive, you never know when he is going to breakdown, and that adds a level of anxiousness that we can do without in our defence.

his speed and physical attributes are his strong points, but his decision making fails him badly. that's something that is going to be hard to change, especially in the modern game where fluidity and flux requires players to be aware and thinking all the time. maybe poch can help him through a well drilled system, but its going to be tough given that he is quite emotional and impulsive, you never know when he is going to breakdown, and that adds a level of anxiousness that we can do without in our defence.

Very true, has the physical attributes, mentally a bit too rash and at the moment not good enough purely as a defender, and too inconsistent as an attacker/LW

Maybe Poch can get something out of him, but would be very surprised if he started next season for us.

Very true, has the physical attributes, mentally a bit too rash and at the moment not good enough purely as a defender, and too inconsistent as an attacker/LW

Maybe Poch can get something out of him, but would be very surprised if he started next season for us.

hence Ben Davies...will be interesting to see what happens when BAE returns.

hence Ben Davies...will be interesting to see what happens when BAE returns.
I prefer Rose to BAE, they are similar in lack of tracking and defensive discipline but Rose has more quality going forward, note his cris to Kane yesterday.

I have a suggestion for him to be used as Left Holding midfield player, as he has ability on the ball and he would cover the LB, unlike Holtby yesterday.
Also, I would like to test Chiriches as Right Holding midfield player. He too has ability and wants the ball.
Certainly better than Carroll and Holtby there.
Rose is not liked by some as he does have a permanent "dog-on" though.

Also, I would like to test Chiriches as Right Holding midfield player. He too has ability and wants the ball.

Verts and Chiri both like the ball and like to push forward and be a bit of a David Luiz midfield-type

Kaboul also likes to forage forwards or leg it down the line

It is only really Dawson of our "top 4" that knows he isn't good enough to be a midfielder and stays put

That's fair enough and my idea of good criticism. My issue is with those who just say "he's the worst player ever" or make stupid Vines about him.

Hotspur Related @HotspurRelated

Daily Mail report Danny Rose is set to sign a new contract with Spurs despite the recent arrival of Ben Davies. #THFC

Back