• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

He does tend to lose the cool which is a problem but not the biggest. When I look at Rose I don't see a defender. I still see a winger doing a job as fullback. I think he plays the position very poorly IMO and a few highlights in an attacking sense has deflected attention from his primary responsibility and that is to defend. Even that last game just gone where he wasn't all that bad, he was caught out of position plenty of times and was sauntering back or even worse walking on a few occasions. Not good enough for Spurs by a long shot.

Thought he did well Saturday. We all agree Rose still has a hell of a lot to learn, the way he can go completely AWOL, his crass crossing, his hot-headedness, etc, but that was such a well taken goal and I like the way defensively he imposes himself so physically in the tackle, similar to Walker. Leaves his opponent no doubt they're in a tough battle with him.

Agree with Mail reporter's take on the Shawcross incident -

Stoke supporters were incensed when Ryan Shawcross was sent off by Andre Marriner for a tackle on Rose in the second half, even though replays showed it was a challenge that merited the yellow card it got - Shawcross’s second.

As for the push on Cameron, if Marriner takes the immediate action on Cameron by calling him over to book him like he should have done, that push doesn't happen, so maybe this explains why Rose only got the yellow.

Credit to Sherwood for swiftly diffusing the situation following that fracas in pulling Rose right out of the ridiculous cauldron of hate the Britannia had become, because by then Stoke knew all they had to do is nobble him once more to provoke a second retaliation and get himself sent off.

Defusing.

Ugh, 'journos' and sub editors at the DM get paid for this??

Since when has a push in the chest been a red by the way? I've listened to all these pundits saying he should've been off but I can't remember anyone being sent off for a push.

Since when has a push in the chest been a red by the way? I've listened to all these pundits saying he should've been off but I can't remember anyone being sent off for a push.

raised hand/s above the shoulders is a red, below is a yellow as far as I am concerned.

Didn't Ashley Cole or someone do the exact same thing in yesterdays game and get a yellow? i din't hear any commentators complain then.

****ing harsh that someone can make up a video that quickly
taken out of context - could be edied to mean anything.
you'd expect lots of communicatiion and correction between coach and players in the early days. i'm glad to see stuff like that happening.

Poch sees Rose up close for the first time and quickly makes up his mind up on him: https://vine.co/v/MU2i6eZaVmP

That's New of the World level analysis. Not sure why people are on his back. Walker was slated only two years ago with the similar criticisms.

We're lucky to have Rose. Lets hope Poc can get him to kick on. Martin O'Neil got him to be the player of the season for Sunderland. Rose has talent.

That's New of the World level analysis. Not sure why people are on his back. Walker was slated only two years ago with the similar criticisms.

We're lucky to have Rose. Lets hope Poc can get him to kick on. Martin O'Neil got him to be the player of the season for Sunderland. Rose has talent.

I agree, looked good under AVB before getting injured too.

I agree, looked good under AVB before getting injured too.

I also agree. It seems a bit soon to write him off. He's not Maldini, but he could still be a pretty good attacking full-back. Let's see if Poch can get a bit more out of him...and that goes for our other players who I haven't really rated so far (e.g. Chiriches).

Back