• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Sorry I'm being quite catty tonight. I like Rose just not as a LB for a team chasing top 6 that's all.

Maybe he'll calm down and get better. It'd be stupid to let him go and be left relying on Fryers or Verts to cover any injuries to Davies.

I have been one of his staunchest critics, but I think he's shown signs of adapting to Poch, he certainly wasn't as reckless in these pre-season appearances, and if Davies can spur him onto actually knuckling down, working hard and improving, he could end up proving us all wrong. Look, I'd be surprised because fundamentally he hasn't shown me any signs of doing so, but equally, based on the improvements I did see, I'm well up for keeping him in the squad.

I think he's shown signs of adapting to Poch, he certainly wasn't as reckless in these pre-season appearances, and if Davies can spur him onto actually knuckling down, working hard and improving, he could end up proving us all wrong. Look, I'd be surprised because fundamentally he hasn't shown me any signs of doing so, but equally, based on the improvements I did see, I'm well up for keeping him in the squad.
I am, too. He would seem a prime candidate for Poch to coach up and fix. I would keep for at least a season and see how he does under Poch. That, plus Davies, even tho we have signed him, hasn't solved anything for us...yet. Davies will be under scrutiny and has much to prove, under a new coach and system. like the other players. If Rose develops nicely, but Davies is great and is 1st choice all season, then I'd think we could get about the same deal for Rose in a year as we can now.

Last edited:
Some of the stuff written about Rose is disgusting IMO. He's not the best left back, but he's only played there a couple of years. It's also not his fault that he was our only left back last season.

I don't mind if he stays because he's decent backup to Davies. I'll forever love him for his goal against arsenal.

I don't know how Spurs "fans" could write such vitriol about someone playing for us.

He's the nastiest player to play for us since Hutton.

He's the nastiest player to play for us since Hutton.

Jeez, some do like to be over dramatic on here. He can make the occassional rash challenge, and can get wound up but lets not go over board.

We need players with a bit of an edge anyway, we have a team full of nice players and no team wins anything without a couple of players with some bite....

If he had 1 or 2 testes removed he would be a lot better - too much testosterone in his little frame, always trying to beat someone up rather than think

Jeez, some do like to be over dramatic on here. He can make the occassional rash challenge, and can get wound up but lets not go over board.

We need players with a bit of an edge anyway, we have a team full of nice players and no team wins anything without a couple of players with some bite....

How is that over dramatic? Who would you say was a nastier player for us than Rose, since Hutton?

How is that over dramatic? Who would you say was a nastier player for us than Rose, since Hutton?

Well if Rose is the nastiest since Hutton here then that just supports my point that we need one or two nasty players because he isnt nasty in the grand scheme of things at all.

Maybe my memory is hazy, was Hutton even that nasty?

I have been one of his staunchest critics, but I think he's shown signs of adapting to Poch, he certainly wasn't as reckless in these pre-season appearances, and if Davies can spur him onto actually knuckling down, working hard and improving, he could end up proving us all wrong. Look, I'd be surprised because fundamentally he hasn't shown me any signs of doing so, but equally, based on the improvements I did see, I'm well up for keeping him in the squad.

Exactly how i feel too

It's because he has the unfortunate combination of being the worst player to wear a lilywhite shirt since Nethercott, and being a bit of a prick.

I've no issue with mediocre players who are pleasant (Naughton).

Rose is my least favourite player since Sherwood.

:ross: not taking the **** btw this just made me laugh

Well if Rose is the nastiest since Hutton here then that just supports my point that we need one or two nasty players because he isnt nasty in the grand scheme of things at all.

Maybe my memory is hazy, was Hutton even that nasty?

Hutton was horrible off the pitch - beat up his own dad iirc. Not aware of any thing he did on it. TBH I'm far more concerned that Rose is not very good as a LB than his nastiness. Like you say we need players with a bit of bite rather than the bunch of pansies who usually play for spurs.

Then you get the same people saying: where's the passion and fight? Rose just wants it - a lot. And that boils over. He will mature given a chance. When he doesn't have the ball he's not patient. Walker was exactly the same. Similar comments where levelled at Walker.

Just give the guy a chance. He's an asset and needs support.

These latest spate of negative comments come from Rose trying to shoulder barge a much larger Chicago player off the ball 'aggressively' to stop the ball running out of play. For which he got a yellow card. Would the critics prefer he didn't do this?

Rose also gives it back rather than walk away and say nothing when he's involved in confrontation. It's something you learn as you mature. But you can't say he lacks fight!

These latest spate of negative comments come from Rose trying to shoulder barge a much larger Chicago player off the ball 'aggressively' to stop the ball running out of play. For which he got a yellow card. Would the critics prefer he didn't do this?
No they don't
Yes I would

Back