• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

That’s the point though, he didn’t need to stay away, just be in front over the summit and win the stage (with zero time difference), which he was odds on favorite to do considering he’s a much punchier rider than Vingergaard. That would have given him 9 seconds on the summit and 4 seconds as the winner, so 13 second swing via bonuses and in yellow tonight.

At that point, still a long way from the top, Vingegaard was in better shape, didn't take him long to get back on when Pog attacked and got clear when he wanted to, think he was just stronger today.

I agree Pog has been punchier in the past, but he couldn't gap him in the sprint at the end either.

At that point, still a long way from the top, Vingegaard was in better shape, didn't take him long to get back on when Pog attacked and got clear when he wanted to, think he was just stronger today.

I agree Pog has been punchier in the past, but he couldn't gap him in the sprint at the end either.
What bit are you talking about here?

When Pog first attacked, he got 4/5 bike lengths very quickly, but couldn’t break any further, ultimately he sat up and regrouped for another go later.

Didn’t have the legs for a decisive move today imo.
He made the gap out to 5 secs at best.

Anyway perhaps he should have gave it one big kick 2or3 km from the top. It ramps up the steepest there....5 secs then would have seen him home and hosed.

It's exciting stuff that's for sure.

When Pog first attacked, he got 4/5 bike lengths very quickly, but couldn’t break any further, ultimately he sat up and regrouped for another go later.

Didn’t have the legs for a decisive move today imo.
Yea the gap stabilized for about a Km, couldn’t drop him, so he decided to drop back and count on his kick over the top (for the massive 9 seconds), it was a calculated move, not a catch up by V. Evidenced by Rodriguez catching up, so the pace at the front clearly significantly dropped, first mistake, letting Rodriguez back in to win the stage. Second mistake was falling asleep so close to the top. 3rd mistake was not reacting to Rodriguez flying past him, was more worried about V.

he had the legs to win today (not distance, but significant bonus seconds), just lost the plot after the motorbike incident.

sounding like a proper Pogacar fanboy I know!! I’m honestly not, really like and admire V as well, it’s just the way I saw the stage.

So it’s a time trial on Tuesday, a very decent Mountain stage on Wednesday to Meribel/courcheval and a surprising little lung busting number on Saturday in the Vosges.

Awesome.

Pogacar absolutely smashed by Vingegaard. That is a serious time advantage to gain in a relatively short TT.

Adam Yates up to 3rd too.

That was ridiculous from Vingegaard!

Felt like the days of Wiggins and Froome again just in a different league on the time trails.

Like I said mid tour, I think that's a mistake*, but I want him back for one more year.

*Can't just ride the tour, he'll need to give it a proper full gas season from the classics onwards to have any chance of finding form in July.

Back