• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

Brilliant day today. Le Tour had a lot of history. 30 years since this race was run

Peleton and GC were miles off- love it.

Was at le départ in Annemasse today, really good event, gutted Cav wasn’t there though.

View attachment 15731 View attachment 15732
Fantastic stage today....Would van Aert monstering back up to the front from a standstill :D...bloody motorbikes!... misjudgements from Pog....like a track sprint at times, just on a mountain. Rodriguez let back on, then gaps them on a crazy descent.

Thank GHod there are two great cyclists in this race...it keeps it fascinating daily.

Can't wait to get back to Morzine....tres jolie.

Fantastic stage today....Would van Aert monstering back up to the front from a standstill :D...bloody motorbikes!... misjudgements from Pog....like a track sprint at times, just on a mountain. Rodriguez let back on, then gaps them on a crazy descent.

Thank GHod there are two great cyclists in this race...it keeps it fascinating daily.

Can't wait to get back to Morzine....tres jolie.
Momentous fudge up by Pogacar today, tactically superb until about 250m from the summit then just fell asleep. Should have made about 13 seconds on the stage (time bonuses) instead he loses 7.

love Morzine!

Phenomenal day’s racing. Lots said on commentary about Pogacar not getting his tactics right, not so much about Vingegaard getting his spot on. The bloke has ice in his veins.

Momentous fudge up by Pogacar today, tactically superb until about 250m from the summit then just fell asleep. Should have made about 13 seconds on the stage (time bonuses) instead he loses 7.

love Morzine!

Phenomenal day’s racing. Lots said on commentary about Pogacar not getting his tactics right, not so much about Vingegaard getting his spot on. The bloke has ice in his veins.
But if it wasn't for the motorbike he'd of gapped him, got over the top first, probably taken more seconds on the descent AND won the stage.

But if it wasn't for the motorbike he'd of gapped him, got over the top first, probably taken more seconds on the descent AND won the stage.

I’m not sure he would. Vingegaard was clearly going with him when he accelerated that second time, and he was then stronger in the final sprint to the top.

Think he was allowed to tbh, Pogacar had the legs today but let him back in and was too roostery at the summit and let his guard down. As Ricky says if the motorbike doesn’t get in the way then he’s probably in yellow. That aside he just slowed the race down playing cat and mouse, allowed Rodriguez to catch back up and got it totally wrong. Super slow to react to Rodriguez at the top of the summit as well.

What we do know is that Vingegaard is a better down hiller than Pogacar though.

I’m not sure he would. Vingegaard was clearly going with him when he accelerated that second time, and he was then stronger in the final sprint to the top.
The second time meaning the motorbike incident? If so then I think that’s way too smaller a sample size to say that. It was about 20 meters and it looked like he was pulling away to me anyway.

the final sprint at the top was 100m when he took Pogacar by surprise by being dopey / tinkled off at the camera bike and not concentrating.

Vingegaard can distance Pogacar on décents though IMO.

I think they are pretty even.

The camera bike incident was a disgrace and they need to sort that out, but I don’t think Pog had the legs to stay away from Vingegaard today.

Pog said in the interview after he didn’t think it would have made a meaningful difference.

Too many fans in the middle of the road today too.

I think they are pretty even.

The camera bike incident was a disgrace and they need to sort that out, but I don’t think Pog had the legs to stay away from Vingegaard today.

Pog said in the interview after he didn’t think it would have made a meaningful difference.
That’s the point though, he didn’t need to stay away, just be in front over the summit and win the stage (with zero time difference), which he was odds on favorite to do considering he’s a much punchier rider than Vingergaard. That would have given him 9 seconds on the summit and 4 seconds as the winner, so 13 second swing via bonuses and in yellow tonight.

Back