• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Controversial poll

Was Levy right sacking Redknapp?

• Yes

Votes: 77 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 41 34.7%

• Total voters
With you completely. Fans are forgiving when players **** on the club, how many fans would welcome Modric, Bale and Berbs back with open arms? Most of them I bet. How many would welcome Redknapp back?

Even before his final season, the personal abuse he got on here was pathetic.

Personal abuse was a bit over the top, but understandable. (Speaking of which is there a way I can change my username lol)

I had no issue with the fact he wanted the job, it's the way he assumed he had the job and he just gave up.

His latest revolution in his book about offering Rodgers the assistant managers job just before kick off, at the lane and whilst still under contract at spurs should mean he will never be back at spurs.

And we collapsed again in the 2011/12 season almost as badly.

Harry was a poor manager I'm afraid, Levy absolutely correct to sack him. What has happened with AVB doesn't vindicate Harry in any way.

I actually agree with you, if we were losing he just threw on attacking players who then got in each other's way, stoke at home we had gio, vdv, bale, modric, Lennon, Defoe and ade on as well as walker and Benny pushing forward.

Personal abuse was a bit over the top, but understandable.(Speaking of which is there a way I can change my username lol)

I had no issue with the fact he wanted the job, it's the way he assumed he had the job and he just gave up.

His latest revolution in his book about offering Rodgers the assistant managers job just before kick off, at the lane and whilst still under contract at spurs should mean he will never be back at spurs.

PM me with a new username and i'll change it for you.

I actually agree with you, if we were losing he just threw on attacking players who then got in each other's way, stoke at home we had gio, vdv, bale, modric, Lennon, Defoe and ade on as well as walker and Benny pushing forward.

In Redknaop's defence, Ferguson's standard tactic when trailing in a game was to chuck on more attacking players too

I think that's just because United had better players and had been doing that for years, it was systemic for them, awkward for us

Personal abuse was a bit over the top, but understandable. (Speaking of which is there a way I can change my username lol)

amazing.

you see i dont get that, i dont see the need to to persist with it over and over again. No one gets pulled up on it when its directed at Harry..or at least i dont see it

lol at the sudden appreciation of your username:lol:

amazing.

you see i dont get that, i dont see the need to to persist with it over and over again. No one gets pulled up on it when its directed at Harry..or at least i dont see it

lol at the sudden appreciation of your username:lol:

Prob didn't come over how I wanted it to, what I meant was the personal stuff was way ott, but I understand why people don't like him!

dude,...another odd post

what are the other viable agressive options to get the victory then?

ironically he is getting slated on this same thread for NOT bringing in an attacking player in the villa game

but going back to the original one that you quoted...if Harry is a poor manager then AVB surely has to be a diabolical one that cant be measured

Prob didn't come over how I wanted it to, what I meant was the personal stuff was way ott, but I understand why people don't like him!

ahh , okay,

agreed.

for me i didnt let his personal life get in the way

if he was a racist or a rapist or something then i'm all for the other side's view

dude,...another odd post

what are the other viable agressive options to get the victory then?

ironically he is getting slated on this same thread for NOT bringing in an attacking player in the villa game

but going back to the original one that you quoted...if Harry is a poor manager then AVB surely has to be a diabolical one that cant be measured

If you just throw on attacking players that get in each other's way how is that going to work?

In each other's space and no idea.

If you just throw on attacking players that get in each other's way how is that going to work?

In each other's space and no idea.

the other option is?

take into account that throwing on attacking players is done by alot of people....i'm curious to know a revolutionary and significantly better way to get a win from a losing position...especially one that makes the bringing on of attacking players makes the manager doing it look clueless

i personally think thats odd and wrong but i am willing to hear your idea

You throw on the correct attacking players in the right position, when man utd, Chelsea are behind they still keep a sort of balance to the side, maybe 442, 352 something along those lines.

Harry tended to go for 253

the other option is?

take into account that throwing on attacking players is done by alot of people....i'm curious to know a revolutionary and significantly better way to get a win from a losing position...especially one that makes the bringing on of attacking players makes the manager doing it look clueless

i personally think thats odd and wrong but i am willing to hear your idea

You make the change that matches the situation. Against Villa we were creating endless chances but not putting them in the net. The logical option is to take off one of the chance creaters in VDV (as we had a surplus) and bring on someone (like Defoe) who is very good at just putting the ball in the net.

The answer is not to bring on a DM who wouldn't know a forward pass if it hit him on the stumpy shin, in order to push forward Modric (I actually believe the change was for defensive solidarity, not to do this) who is, at best, profligate in front of goal and was doing very well creating chances from deep.

You throw on the correct attacking players in the right position, when man utd, Chelsea are behind they still keep a sort of balance to the side, maybe 442, 352 something along those lines.

Harry tended to go for 253

for a start thats wrong

secondly man united...not sure about chelsea to be honest...just literally threw strikers in there and delivered balls into the box and played one - twos on the edge of the area. This is something that will always stick in my mind as it seemed to basic yet effective....

go have a look, infact i think it was two or three seasons ago that they cam back from every deficit known to man..SAF would just throw in attacking player after attacking player.....if he left it at 442 then the formation wouldnt have changed ..but the instructions will have...Uniteds formation CHANGED and so did the instructions and the defensive line pushed up like 10 yards

at the end of the day you said you put in attacking players. something you just slated harry for...which makes no sense...you've further qualified it to say put in the correct attacking players but keep the same formation or a sllight variation?...which in itself indicates less of a change in the formation that has gotten you the deficit in the first place

352 though is a good one to use i would imagine if you wanted to take hold of a game and push on...but when you are aggressively chasing a deficit how is a possession game going to help you as much as an attacking one?

maybe the possesion based team have the capabilities to change that formation to some you dont like ...334 perhaps when attacking?

give me an example of something better that could have been done. the one where people were getting in each others way for instance ...how would YOU have done it?

You make the change that matches the situation.

Against Villa we were creating endless chances but not putting them in the net.

The logical option is to take off one of the chance creaters in VDV (as we had a surplus) and bring on someone (like Defoe) who is very good at just putting the ball in the net.

The answer is not to bring on a DM who wouldn't know a forward pass if it hit him on the stumpy shin, in order to push forward Modric (I actually believe the change was for defensive solidarity, not to do this) who is, at best, profligate in front of goal and was doing very well creating chances from deep.

hey, i was just querying what someone here said about if you are chasing a lead you DONT bring on attacking players. first odd bit

now i am querying the idea that if you are chasing a lead then you DONT change the formation greatly? i dont see why this isnt a viable option

what you're talking about is preference....YOU would have rather gone for it with 10 men and risked losing if it meant you did what you could to win.....Harry would have rather maintained and solidified while still trying to win. one goes for it...the other not so much but re-enforces the safety net. If you take off VDV thats part of the 4 man mmidfield and leave it as a midfielder short in favour of a striker ...there is a chance we could have lost ground and maybe spurred them on to win the game

i think the latter was a fair enough call to make 4th, which is what i think Redknapp was always going for

wait wait wait..something just clicked, i am way to slow these days,....how would harry get a bonus for making 4th if the target was CL?

Last edited:
hey, i was just querying what someone here said about if you are chasing a lead you DONT bring on attacking players. first odd bit

now i am querying the idea that if you are chasing a lead then you DONT change the formation greatly? i dont see why this isnt a viable option

what you're talking about is preference....YOU would have rather gone for it with 10 men and risked losing if it meant you did what you could to win.....Harry would have rather maintained and solidified while still trying to win. one goes for it...the other not so much but re-enforces the safety net. If you take off VDV thats part of the 4 man mmidfield and leave it as a midfielder short in favour of a striker ...there is a chance we could have lost ground and maybe spurred them on to win the game

i think the latter was a fair enough call to make 4th, which is what i think Redknapp was always going for

wait wait wait..something just clicked, i am way to slow these days,....how would harry get a bonus for making 4th if the target was CL?

Sorry if I'm not picking up on the sarcasm on the last sentence, but that's my point.

I think Levy screwed up in setting Redknapp's official target as 4th. What Levy wanted was CL qualification but (based on what Redknapp said at the start of the season) I think his bonuses were based on 4th.

An easy mistake to make, but one that had the benefit of showing us all where Redknapp's priorities lie.

Sorry if I'm not picking up on the sarcasm on the last sentence, but that's my point.

I think Levy screwed up in setting Redknapp's official target as 4th. What Levy wanted was CL qualification but (based on what Redknapp said at the start of the season) I think his bonuses were based on 4th.

An easy mistake to make, but one that had the benefit of showing us all where Redknapp's priorities lie.

another one for braineclipse to chew on.

so Harry succeeded with his targets then. he looked to make 4th as opposed to risk it all and leaving us empty handed

i dont mind 4th as it happens, not then and not now, AV\B couldnt manage it in the short time given...and no one else could...just one guy has done that...and did it in style.

i actually give levy credit more so than you to be honest..i think top 4 was the goal but indirectly asking for CL...but top 4 was acceptable IMO, all things remaining equal

Back