• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Controversial poll

Was Levy right sacking Redknapp?

• Yes

Votes: 77 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 41 34.7%

• Total voters

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
I'm probably going to get ripped to shreds for doing this, but I think it's relevant considering how things are going.

I realise some people simply didn't like the guy, but putting that aside. Was his sacking the correct decision?

Last edited:
Love Harry. We played great football, got to the quarter final of CL. Players loved him...

If levy had a clue we wouldnt be where we are now.

Kick the hornets nest why don't you.

At the time yes, the way we collapsed that year whilst he flirted with the England job was wrong. Now that I compare todays football to that of Redknapps time and I say no.

Thought Redknapp did a fine job and I liked the football we were playing under him. But he took his eye off the ball and it's my opinion that he wasn't fully committed to Spurs during a big chunk of his last season. Partly that was due to events outside his control, but part of it seemed to be his own ego and media manoeuvring and I do think he was directly responsible for us finishing a point behind Arsenal that year instead of comfortably above them. As a result, I think Levy lost faith in Redknapp and consequently he had to fire him.

I'm not one of the Harry haters, but I did think the way that season finished made his position untenable.

2010/11

Our form in the league after we beat AC Milan at the San Siro

LDDDWDDLDL

That plus the obvious from 2011/12 makes me say yes. Everything else makes me say no but I feel that the cons really out weighed the pros in the end, the whole England fiasco was the final straw.

I actually don't think he deserved the sack but I was happy with AVB hire. However, I think any Spurs fan would be mad to say we didn't play better stuff under Redknapp. Something has to change that is for sure, results aside we are not playing Tottenham football. We are not West Ham or Stoke just wanting results in any way we get them, this club is founded on free attacking football. to dare is to do for **** sakes

no way back after england fiasco......wow did we look amazing before that though......footballing gods plopping on us again....that and the bayern final and GHod must be very anti spurs.....not that I believe in GHod mind.

Yes, but am now coming round to the reality that AVB was the wrong choice as replacement, and Harry may have been right with his bull**** that baffles brains comments.

Because cricket is my favourite subject at the moment, look at what Lehman has done with the Aussies. Gathered them round, gave 'em a big cuddle, did away with the in depth analysis and homework, and made them play with passion. Maybe that's what we need.

That collapse was our own fault really loaned out loads of our squad players in bassong pienaar sold pavlyuchenko and replaced with cheap options Nelsen and Saha. We should have genuinely won the league there with a bit of backing in January.

Yes. He took his eye off the job and flirted with someone else. As a result the team blew a healthy lead.

That collapse was our own fault really loaned out loads of our squad players in bassong pienaar sold pavlyuchenko and replaced with cheap options Nelsen and Saha. We should have genuinely won the league there with a bit of backing in January.

'Our own' is Harry's, yes? those squad players weren't being played because H ran his first choice XI into the ground.

I still have to say yes, even though current circumstances call it further into question. Was it the right decision? At the time, I believe it was. Has it worked out for the best? That's obviously a different matter......

I wanted AVB in that summer. However my second preference was to retain Redknapp, albeit with a severe ticking off and some restrictions placed on his role and his general behaviour. I didn't want change for change's sake. Harry hadn't ****ed me off quite that much. I thought AVB was worth gambling on. It seems that was wrong.

100% Yes

the subsequent decision to appoint AVB may very well turn out to have been wrong though.

letting the teams form nosedive whilst he day dreamed about what he was going to be doing in his next job? unforgivable IMHO - and then to have the gall to try and back Levy in to a corner by demanding a new contract once the England job never came his way - you gotta be ****ing kidding me mate.

Sacking Redknapp was a mistake, said so at the time, nothing has happened since to change my mind.
What made it much worse was the timing, Levy waited until the Chelsea job had been been filled before doing the dirty.
That meant we were left with a choice of managers no one else wanted.
If Levy had acted straight away we could have snapped up Rodgers, not been left having to gamble on damaged goods.

the only people who thought sacking harry was right are some spurs fans,everyone else in football thought it was crazy and it still is..........we've gone back 6 years now..... and other sides like liverpool have overtaken us now.

2010/11

Our form in the league after we beat AC Milan at the San Siro

LDDDWDDLDL

That plus the obvious from 2011/12 makes me say yes. Everything else makes me say no but I feel that the cons really out weighed the pros in the end, the whole England fiasco was the final straw.

wow - i was abroad for most of that season so didn't follow things as close as i could have - that's a damning run of form, I never knew it was quite that bad, makes 5th place that season look a lot less acceptable

wow - i was abroad for most of that season so didn't follow things as close as i could have - that's a damning run of form, I never knew it was quite that bad, makes 5th place that season look a lot less acceptable

It was but we won the two games after that (the final two games of the season) which included our first league win at Anfield in nearly 20 years. Two of the three we lost were away to City and Chelsea respectively (the other was Blackpool away). The performances against Chelsea and City were reasonably good and we were in control of the game v Chelsea until Gomes and the ref had a bit of a mare IIRC.

Twas a bad run of form alright but we still looked a far better side than we currently look.

Big fat NO!!! from me, I'm afraid.
Under Ramos we were playing a very technical system of football, which although it was sophisticated and foreign, it required a very high level of concentration and tactical planning. The problem is (IMO) in the EPL, with the pace, physicality and tempo alot of mistakes can happen. So Tactical planning does not work for 90 mins. What you need in the EPL is Simple Tactics and high quality players.

Harry understands this. Put together a mix of Hard working defensive players with alot of flair players and into a simple system where they can express themselves, and in a rather simple system and you should be able have some success.

I know a lot of Spurs fans who kept saying Arry is a clown, he does understand modern football, he is an illiterate so and so....I kept saying to them that look, I've been a Spurs Fan since 1980....and this a is the first time, in a long time that every week I expect lots of goals and think we can beat anyone on our day. 4th, 5th, 4th is an unbelievable achievement when you consider where we have been over the last 15 years (Since Pleat Left (the First Time)). I told them be happy with what we have and enjoy the moments, we are Tottenham not Man U, when have we ever had Dynasty of success in the League. I love flair, goals and superstars, that's why I chose to support Tottenham. I told them that once Arry is gone, they may live to regret it.

The change did happen and we got AVB. I'm a Spurs fan, I will give my support to Spurs regardless of who the manager is. I actually like AVB and I want him to be successful at Spurs.

Unfortunately I don't think he is top quality manager. He seems to me to a FM manager. Everything is too tactical, too precise, too text book. Natural skill and expression of flair will rip up any tactics. You just can't legislate for it. No amount of tactical planning can stop a moment of individual brilliance, whether it's a nutmeg, a freekick, a dummy, through ball, a backheel, a step over, a weaving dribble.

We now have tactical overkill.

If you look at SAF's system it was a simple 4-4-2 with top quality players. Wenger plays a simple pass and move system with players allowed to express themselves.

Whereas we are playing a very precise, passing and positioning system, where players are told to stand and run. No free expression. Where a team of robots. That's just not football.

So back to topic, Levy was wrong to let Arry go, because the even though we were not perfect, we were not far away from real success. We just needed more higher quality players. throughout the squad. I don't hold the England thing against him, as it was England and not another football club.

So Levy was wrong to breaking something which wasn't broken. We just needed better quality parts in our old vintage car, rather than buying a brand new car (which we now discover has so many technical problems).

Big fat NO!!! from me, I'm afraid.
Under Ramos we were playing a very technical system of football, which although it was sophisticated and foreign, it required a very high level of concentration and tactical planning. The problem is (IMO) in the EPL, with the pace, physicality and tempo alot of mistakes can happen. So Tactical planning does not work for 90 mins. What you need in the EPL is Simple Tactics and high quality players.

Harry understands this. Put together a mix of Hard working defensive players with alot of flair players and into a simple system where they can express themselves, and in a rather simple system and you should be able have some success.

I know a lot of Spurs fans who kept saying Arry is a clown, he does understand modern football, he is an illiterate so and so....I kept saying to them that look, I've been a Spurs Fan since 1980....and this a is the first time, in a long time that every week I expect lots of goals and think we can beat anyone on our day. 4th, 5th, 4th is an unbelievable achievement when you consider where we have been over the last 15 years (Since Pleat Left (the First Time)). I told them be happy with what we have and enjoy the moments, we are Tottenham not Man U, when have we ever had Dynasty of success in the League. I love flair, goals and superstars, that's why I chose to support Tottenham. I told them that once Arry is gone, they may live to regret it.

The change did happen and we got AVB. I'm a Spurs fan, I will give my support to Spurs regardless of who the manager is. I actually like AVB and I want him to be successful at Spurs.

Unfortunately I don't think he is top quality manager. He seems to me to a FM manager. Everything is too tactical, too precise, too text book. Natural skill and expression of flair will rip up any tactics. You just can't legislate for it. No amount of tactical planning can stop a moment of individual brilliance, whether it's a nutmeg, a freekick, a dummy, through ball, a backheel, a step over, a weaving dribble.

We now have tactical overkill.

If you look at SAF's system it was a simple 4-4-2 with top quality players. Wenger plays a simple pass and move system with players allowed to express themselves.

Whereas we are playing a very precise, passing and positioning system, where players are told to stand and run. No free expression. Where a team of robots. That's just not football.

So back to topic, Levy was wrong to let Arry go, because the even though we were not perfect, we were not far away from real success. We just needed more higher quality players. throughout the squad. I don't hold the England thing against him, as it was England and not another football club.

So Levy was wrong to breaking something which wasn't broken. We just needed better quality parts in our old vintage car, rather than buying a brand new car (which we now discover has so many technical problems).

This...=D>

Hitting the the perverbial tickle my balls with a feather..........well said

Back