• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton Njie

I think he is raw, but has quickly adapted to the pace of the game and is an absolute threat when receiving wide in deeper positions that allow him to whip across that low, angled ball across the face. Finishing is erratic, but you can see what he has and it is exciting stuff.

I agree with this. I actually think he can be our Mane. He needs to adjust to the pace of our game, but I'm pretty sure he has been brought in to drive with pace and directness. For me, this is all about getting him and the others in the forward areas used to each other. Then players like Eriksen, Alli and Lamela can pick him out with ease.

I do not think he is " very' raw, but he has only played around 30 lge games in France and is bound to find the English game faster. Sending him out on loan would not be the best thing for him.
OK medium raw LOL
i think he is talented but like the way poch is just slowly easing him into the game. a few weeks ago i questioned whether he should be out on loan, but now I think he is good enough to come off the bench.

I thought he was outstanding (relatively speaking) in the first half. Involved in most of our dangerous attacks.

He started very eratically but fair play to him didn't hiding after a few tuts from the crowd and offered a threat on the counter and massively improved after some headless chicken moments.
Still raw but definitely has some ability.

thnk his best position is through the middle. Don't think he has the touch to play out wide or deeper

I thought he was outstanding (relatively speaking) in the first half. Involved in most of our dangerous attacks.
I thought he was horrendous in the first half. Terrible passing and poor touches.

I'm not saying he won't come good, but he does look rather limited technically and in terms of football intelligence. And for someone who is meant to be lightning quick, he hardly ever takes his man on either. He tends to slow down and let his man get goalside or cut inside.

Hopefully he will become a valuable player for us when he settles down, plays with more confidence and gains more experience. He could just be insecure in new surroundings. The shot with the outside of the boot was a good skill.

He's brave. I think he frightened Liverpool and got me excited. Yes he was wayward but that tempo was already set by the others. He could be a fantastic addition to the side.

I thought he was horrendous in the first half. Terrible passing and poor touches.

I'm not saying he won't come good, but he does look rather limited technically and in terms of football intelligence. And for someone who is meant to be lightning quick, he hardly ever takes his man on either. He tends to slow down and let his man get goalside or cut inside.

Hopefully he will become a valuable player for us when he settles down, plays with more confidence and gains more experience. He could just be insecure in new surroundings. The shot with the outside of the boot was a good skill.

That was delicious. He had a decent shot later in the half too, but admittedly should have played in Kane.

Massive potential, but clearly needs to get more Prem experience before we can expect to see what he is really capable of.

He came on as an unplanned sub and looked nervous and scared

He had some poor touches to start with and he went backwards with his passing when he actually managed to control it and compose himself

However once he had the shot which was top drawer he suddenly realised what he could do and settled from that

Nothing for me was a surprise when someone is young an inexperienced and he clearly needs time but all the good things are there

So close to opening the scoring. Shot with the outside of his boot which was heading in, but at a perfect height for the keeper to save. His dipping shot that went over the bar also hinted at his promise.

He's a player that opponents won't look forward to playing against - fast, tricky with a good shot - potentially!

hopefully he gets more and more game time....we need something new and unpredictable to shake things up

There is no way if Townsend had played an identical first half you would have called that anywhere near outstanding! First time I have seen Clinton live and his touch was pretty poor first half especially,but you can tell he has talent and just needs to be bedded in which is what Poch has been doing. Bring him on for the last twenty minutes-half hour like Poch has been doing seems to be the best thing for him for the time being....

There is no way if Townsend had played an identical first half you would have called that anywhere near outstanding! First time I have seen Clinton live and his touch was pretty poor first half especially,but you can tell he has talent and just needs to be bedded in which is what Poch has been doing. Bring him on for the last twenty minutes-half hour like Poch has been doing seems to be the best thing for him for the time being....

He accomplished more in that first half than Townsend has all season.

He accomplished more in that first half than Townsend has all season.
That's a different argument altogether. Fact is he was far from outstanding, if it was Townsend who had given the ball away quite a few times in one half due to a poor touch you wouldn't of said he was relatively outstanding....

Back