• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton Njie

Definitely, all I'm saying that based on what he's shown so far I would expect him to take some time settling in and that he will be inconsistent for quite a while.

then i guess the likes of Eriksen and Chadli are still settling in ;)

Thought he looked allright. Not exactly expecting him to set the world alight though. Moved well, had a nice cross, did well before he blasted his shot well wide. Would benefit from playing in wider positions, I think.

not much to say about Njie's performance then...
I hope he shapes up soon with Son now injured!

Like I said on the previous page I expect Clinton to take some time adjusting. I'm guessing Son is back from his injury before Clinton "shapes up".

For me the pressure is more on Chadli to step it up whilst Son is out injured. He's essentially lost his place in the starting 11 with Lamela performing, Eriksen scoring again and Son looking class at least in patches. This is what competition for places looks like. We shouldn't put too much pressure on Clinton just yet.

Like I said on the previous page I expect Clinton to take some time adjusting. I'm guessing Son is back from his injury before Clinton "shapes up".

For me the pressure is more on Chadli to step it up whilst Son is out injured. He's essentially lost his place in the starting 11 with Lamela performing, Eriksen scoring again and Son looking class at least in patches. This is what competition for places looks like. We shouldn't put too much pressure on Clinton just yet.

Definitely this. Clinton has class, he's demonstrated signs of this already but he needs time.

Chadi hasn't played poorly this season, but needs to increase his efficiency again both in terms of goals and assists. This is pressure but heh, he plays for a Premier League club getting paid millions, if he doesn't want pressure, he could go elsewhere for an easier life. I think he has the right mindset though & I expect to see more from him soon.

Twice today eh beat his man easily but unfortunately sparked his shot

He also ran around a lot and kept the occupied

He has a lot of the raw ingredients and needs some coaching and guidance

There was a moment about 3 minutes after he came on and he left Rangel for dead after giving him a head start, turned back on him and left him almost dizzy but the shot may have gone out for a throw :(

That pace along with the tricks is great. Teach him some composure and awareness and give him time and he will be one that develops nicely

Definitely this. Clinton has class, he's demonstrated signs of this already but he needs time.

Chadi hasn't played poorly this season, but needs to increase his efficiency again both in terms of goals and assists. This is pressure but heh, he plays for a Premier League club getting paid millions, if he doesn't want pressure, he could go elsewhere for an easier life. I think he has the right mindset though & I expect to see more from him soon.

I don't think Chadli has played well for more than 45 minutes in any game max this season

Today he was hardly nipictueabke until he popped up with his cameo shot (great shot at the end of the first half)

He just coasts through games and its soooo frustrating

I don't think Chadli has played well for more than 45 minutes in any game max this season

Today he was hardly nipictueabke until he popped up with his cameo shot (great shot at the end of the first half)

He just coasts through games and its soooo frustrating

I'm learning new words every day. ;)

I think your about right with this post. I'm hoping that having Son and N'jie in the squad challenging for a starting spot will really put it up to him to improve his all round game. As all players do Chadli has strengths and weaknesses to his game. Chadli has the potential to be so much better than he is now but he needs to realise his own short comings and address them. IMO for such a big man he doesn't use his size to his advantage much, and he certainly is a tad lazy tracking back too. There might be a minor grumble also that he should release the ball a bit quicker but he's generally fairly effective going forward. At this stage it is still his jersey to lose but he will lose it fairly quickly if he doesn't apply himself more.
(hmm...I sound like a teacher in that last sentence)

I think he is raw, but has quickly adapted to the pace of the game and is an absolute threat when receiving wide in deeper positions that allow him to whip across that low, angled ball across the face. Finishing is erratic, but you can see what he has and it is exciting stuff.

Back