• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Guardiola claimed that United "don’t have enough money" to tempt Bayern Munich stars such as Bastian Schweinsteiger, Arjen Robben and Thomas Muller away from the club.

But Van Gaal has hit back at the Bayern boss and says the club’s stature will always attract big-name players.

"It is not so interesting what he (Guardiola) said," replied Van Gaal.

"I think every player that I have contacted wants to play for Manchester United.

"It is unbelievable that despite not playing in the Champions League, the players are still coming and are willing to come.

"That is surprising - but it is because of the greatness of this club.

"They believe in the project we have started now, although I say it again, it needs time."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9481856/Louis-van-Gaal-insists-Manchester-United-attract-top-players-despite-Pep-Guardiola-comments

I have said in a few threads we missed a trick not going for Uolla, a big striker with a good touch who works his socks off but can also score goals and get in the right positions. Everything our strikers lack.

How about Rooney going into complete Tourettes mode at Leicester?

Effin' and jeffin' every which way at the officials and team mates from the equalizer on. For fans of other teams, has to go down among the great sights and sounds in all of football.

@OptaJoe: 1 - For the first time in their 853-game PL history, Man Utd have thrown away a two goal lead to lose. Unique.

ByED-ikIYAAHq_O.jpg

https://twitter.com/Football__Tweet/status/513696206577745920

Manchester United's defensive problems this season continued after Jonny Evans left Leicester on crutches after Sunday's 5-3 defeat.

The Northern Ireland international, 26, suffered a leg injury when he tried to block a Leonardo Ulloa shot and hobbled off just before half-time.

"I do not know how bad it is, we will have to have a scan on Monday," said United manager Louis van Gaal.

Last season they picked up 18 points from the opponents in their first 6 fixtures, 3 bottom half teams and 3 relegated sides (now replaced by 3 promoted sides).

Leicester had little to do with this result, they merely accepted Clattenburg's gifts handed to them on a plate.

Man of the Match : Mark Clattenburg..

We were doing so well till the decision and got way too distracted by it. Still feel it will even out over the season and not worried yet. We deserved atleast a point from this game...

Obviously some bad ref decisions, but my oh my, we went to pieces. I'm in shock to be honest. There is some serious hard work to be done with the team. Unfortunately this is really going to dent any confidence they had from last week.

Ref - Terrible
LVG - Terrible
Players - Worse than terrible.

Stop putting the blame on Clattenburg. The players and manager bottled it.

No, we were coasting 3-1 up until Clattenburg gave a non existent penalty to Leicester.

Of course, no excuse for switching off and conceding 4, but if Clattenburg wasn't being a 12th man for Leicester we would've won.

And the biggest bottle was from Clattenburg.

He is not soley to blame, but big decisions change games and he made one...

NO.

For two decades we had to put up with "oh but Man United get all the decisions". Which was clearly rubbish even then. Yeah, it's nice being the bigger man and not focusing on the refs yadda yadda. But it's about time we start screaming and throwing our toys out of the pram about the refs, like every other club does. We've been fecked over today, disgustingly.

3-1 to 3-5 against a newly promoted side suggests serious mental fragility as well as highlighting a big structural imbalance in the squad. The cheque book needs to come out again in January.

Should have been a free kick for us before both penalties.

We look dangerous again going forward which is such a relief. People were moaning "i'd be happy for us to lose as long as we played good football". Well we played some good stuff today and lost.

For me the main culprit is Daley Blind, invisible today and didn't give the back four sufficient protection. He needed to add some composure into the game and slow it down for us - he did nothing of the sort.

Blackett totally lost the plot second half, but he is a young kid and has been playing out of his skin before that half - now needs to be taken out of the firing line and worked on. Rafael was targeted time and time again for bad decisions - fecking joke.

Falcao.. needs to work on fitness, his pace is there but needs to get more involved.

ITs like no-one in the team has any character whatsoever.

Oh and Falcao was sorta rubbish apart from a couple of moments.

Rojo needs to be dropped for a game and needs a hair dryer from LvG.

I think we need to drop a forward for Januzaj on RW

Going forward, I'm not happy with the Falcao, Rooney, RVP front 3. I want Mata in there, so LVG has got to make a choice.

Not sure why Di Maria was subbed off but Mata was disposessed with ease down their right leading to them getting on top of the game. He loses the ball far more readily than Kagawa ever did but Kagawa was always labelled as the weaker player because of his poorer return.

Falcao coming off for Januzaj was a complete failure of a move.

Rafael was a liability for me again - he's hotheaded and cannot be trusted. He spends too much time asking for fouls too.

We need a quality CB and a leader who's name is not Rooney.

[tweet]513692328650108928[/tweet]

How about Rooney going into complete Tourettes mode at Leicester?

Effin' and jeffin' every which way at the officials and team mates from the equalizer on. For fans of other teams, has to go down among the great sights and sounds in all of football.

Its hilarious that Rooney was the one in the past throwing his toys out of the pram and bleating on about lack of world class players, and now its "him" who looks totally out of place in this side. I'd be amazed if he starts next season there.

Its hilarious that Rooney was the one in the past throwing his toys out of the pram and bleating on about lack of world class players, and now its "him" who looks totally out of place in this side. I'd be amazed if he starts next season there.

I wouldn't, have always thought of him as overrated but he's the medias little English darling and a player United fans will always rate highly no matter what. The boy who cried wolf over a contract multiple times and got away with it. I'm happy for them to keep Rooney because there are footballers who have, and always will be, far superior to Wayne Rooney out there but they are happy to stick with him.

Our start hasn't been perfect but Uniteds start is something which is cheering me up quite a bit.

PS, what happened to the 'Gaalacticos' of a week ago?

they now really are Ossie's Tottenham at the start of 94-95 :lol:

I've not seen the highlights as I was watching the Spurs game at the time, but I hope it wasn't a penalty. I hope this season they are screwed over by bad decisions, repeatedly. Each decision more glaringly poor than the last. I hope Man United fans realise what it is like to truly be a football fan, not merely a fan of winning.

they now really are Ossie's Tottenham at the start of 94-95 :lol:

One of the pundits after the game actually said opposition coaches won't fear United anymore because even though they have some great attacking talent they consistently vulnerable at the back... and that scorelines like this will become more and more common because teams just won't respect United and sit back like they would have done over the years.

Back