• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

i see Mata might be available in Jan for 20 mill, according to the Daily Fail anyway.

Soldado
Eriksen Mata Lamela​

its a shame that Mata isnt the hard working type that Poch likes. iirc Mata had a good on field relationship with Soldado at Valencia, they kinda clicked

Would be a tremendous deal…cannot see it happening…he would be a ready-made world class addition...

Take Mata in a heartbeat if offered

Would be interesting to see Poch adapt to him, Mata is brilliant, but not the workhorse type.

Would be interesting to see Poch adapt to him, Mata is brilliant, but not the workhorse type.

I think he'd do it. If he is the manager/coach i think he is, he'd make it happen. But we won't. Dreams over...

I don't think Poch would be able to adapt him to the system. Everyone needs to put their shift in. Mourinho's major issue with Mata was the lack of tracking back, if Mourinho couldn't get it out of him, I don't see Poch having much luck.

Brilliant player mind, just wouldn't work in our system.

I don't think Poch would be able to adapt him to the system. Everyone needs to put their shift in. Mourinho's major issue with Mata was the lack of tracking back, if Mourinho couldn't get it out of him, I don't see Poch having much luck.

That's one theory, the other is that he wanted him out because Mata is close to the Spanish players who turned on him at Madrid

Genuine question, Poch has not played his "all out pressing" game with us so far, glimpses of it, but not what Southampton had. Assumption so far is being he is letting the players adapt.

IF he is a good coach, and Mata was available, with Lamela/Mata/Eriksen, that's an obscene amount of talent, would he not be able to sacrifice some of the "all out" workrate game to accommodate that ability?

Genuine question, Poch has not played his "all out pressing" game with us so far, glimpses of it, but not what Southampton had. Assumption so far is being he is letting the players adapt.

IF he is a good coach, and Mata was available, with Lamela/Mata/Eriksen, that's an obscene amount of talent, would he not be able to sacrifice some of the "all out" workrate game to accommodate that ability?

Yeh, I noticed in the West Ham game the commentator kept going on about how the Spurs players haven't gotten to grip with the 'Poch way' and they aren't pressing as hard or as much as Southampton used to. How does he know that Poch wants to set us up to play exactly the way Southampton used to.

Be prepared that every time we have a run of bad results this season the media will jump on issues with the players understanding the 'Poch way'.

no to mata.....for 15 million then yeah sure, but for serious change that would be a no for me

football can be a funny game. i'm with you here. although i would be willing to part with a bit more than 15m. mata was chelsea poty for two consecutive seasons before mourinho arrived. now, there are serious questions regarding his spot in the man utd starting eleven.

football can be a funny game. i'm with you here. although i would be willing to part with a bit more than 15m. mata was chelsea poty for two consecutive seasons before mourinho arrived. now, there are serious questions regarding his spot in the man utd starting eleven.
I think if there is a chance of getting him for anything under 20 mil we should be all over it. Mourinho's handling of Mata was strange in my opinion. Yes he doesn't put in the defensive shift that some of the other Chelsea non-loanees do but he's not a bystander in defensive terms. The debacle that was Utd last year really is no benchmark to judge him against either. For me this is the market we are in. Players whose stock has fallen a bit or players who have not quite made it yet.

The unveiling of Falcao, live on all the websites and tv channels that love licking United's ringpiece.

After all the hundreds of pages of eulogies written about Falcao and Di Mario, they almost disgust me as much as the Arsenal / Welbeck love in.

LVG said:
Danny Welbeck was here (United) when he was nine-year-old. After a season on loan at Sunderland, he then played for three seasons at United, but he doesn’t have the record of Robin van Persie or Wayne Rooney and that is the standard.

That is why we let him go, not only because of Falcao, but also the youngsters who can fit in.

I have given all the players a chance to convince me of their qualities.

We had spoken with Danny and also Chicharito (Hernandez) before the chance to get Falcao.

We have to be fair because, for example, I see that we have a lot youth that can fit in.

They have to take the chance to play, but when you can hire or buy a player like Falcao, I don’t have doubts because he is one of the best strikers in the world and when you see his record it is unbelievable.

Ah, the empire strikes back.

The unveiling of Falcao, live on all the websites and tv channels that love licking United's ringpiece.

one of the best strikers in the world coming to the PL, i wouldnt expect anything less

Live feeds of someone repeating what he's already said in countless interviews. It's a massive non-event.

dont watch it then, its easy to switch off/ignore

anyway, he seems like a nice guy and surprisingly speaks decent english. Its a shame he is not ideally playing for Spurs, but still it will be amazing to have him over here in the PL. Genuinely world class

dont watch it then, its easy to switch off/ignore

anyway, he seems like a nice guy and surprisingly speaks decent english. Its a shame he is not ideally playing for Spurs, but still it will be amazing to have him over here in the PL. Genuinely world class

I'm not watching it, but it's filling up my twitter feed as apparently there's not a single journalist able to come up with something else to write about.

Back