• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

If the players want him out you could see them stop playing for him (if they haven't already)

If the players want him out you could see them stop playing for him (if they haven't already)

Not that I have any sympathy for Van Hippo Head .. but united has too many cooks in the kitchen

- the Ghost of SAF is still there
- Charlton is still influencing
- Giggs in this heir apparent role
- Rooney/De Gea who have held the club on a thread at different points
- misfit and midtable buys (with high price tags)
- A 19 year old in his first EPL season as their lead the line striker?

The only thing that has stopped them imploding completely is the throw more money solution they seem to have adopted in last year, but that only holds off disaster.

...to be replaced by a bloke who was sacked because his players stopped playing for him.
And so the world turns.

Quite but isn't that what happens with most managerial changes?
Certainly true that most sacked managers are replaced by another previously sacked manager.
Not sure that that most sackings are due to players stopping playing for a manager though. Playing standards certainly drop but that's rarely deliberate, just an ongoing decline.

CW8cKTsW8AA-dOU.jpg

well that's a clamy thing to do isn't it, even for the sun

What do you expect from the gutter press. After all this was the main paper that led the campaign to get Hoddle the sack from England ( because he cut their access to the players), told us that the only man who could replace him was the messiah KK ( that turned out well) and then tried to do the same and tell us that the second messiah " rent a quote" was the only man good enough for the England job.

He's a dead man walking. The press smell blood and will keep at him now.

Feels a bit AVB doesn't it?
However, unlike AVB, he had far less justification in making the point he made yesterday and walking out of the press conference: if his club had put out some statement or something saying he was their man all (well, most) of the Jose rumours would have been stopped in their tracks.
I think it was him attempting to stick two fingers whilst trying to create an 'us against the world' thing in the squad (though i can't see that squad being the types to do that tbh). Unlike AVB he had no real need to settle any scores or inaccuracies though, so it was an unnecessary gamble
I think the team will up their game in the next week or so, despite his antics instead of because of them.

Feels a bit AVB doesn't it?
However, unlike AVB, he had far less justification in making the point he made yesterday and walking out of the press conference: if his club had put out some statement or something saying he was their man all (well, most) of the Jose rumours would have been stopped in their tracks.
I think it was him attempting to stick two fingers whilst trying to create an 'us against the world' thing in the squad (though i can't see that squad being the types to do that tbh). Unlike AVB he had no real need to settle any scores or inaccuracies though, so it was an unnecessary gamble
I think the team will up their game in the next week or so, despite his antics instead of because of them.

I don't think the Mourinho to United story will stop unless he gets another job. I think that the statement Mourinho's agent released at the weekend was intended to fuel the speculation and put further pressure on LvG.

I don't think the Mourinho to United story will stop unless he gets another job. I think that the statement Mourinho's agent released at the weekend was intended to fuel the speculation and put further pressure on LvG.

Agreed. LVG should not have added fuel to it by doing what he did; he could have just said "i had a good meeting and my work will continue. I am looking forward to the Stoke game" etc

Wouldn't it be good if all football clubs just stopped talking to the tabloids, it would have to be all of them to work of course.

Back