• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

After no doubt laughing themselves silly all season, a lot of them now desperately want Mourinho to come in. Others think Fergie as interim boss before Guardiola arrives in the summer is the best option.

I hold Fergie in that high regard as a manager, if he was to come in for the remainder of the season, I would put a big bet on Man U to win the title, and I never bet.

I hold Fergie in that high regard as a manager, if he was to come in for the remainder of the season, I would put a big bet on Man U to win the title, and I never bet.

United can't afford to have SAF do the interim thing ... they are still suffering from the hangover/ghost of Fergie ..

The comparisons, player respect, all that brick would just resurface .. (not that I care), but it would be very short term thinking ..

United can't afford to have SAF do the interim thing ... they are still suffering from the hangover/ghost of Fergie ..

The comparisons, player respect, all that brick would just resurface .. (not that I care), but it would be very short term thinking ..

Oh totally mate. I agree to some level, but do you not think just for the short term, it would be inspired? And purely for THIS season, if it happened, there would be a huge upturn in their results and performances?

Last edited:
Who's the third, City?

I'd hate for him to go to Chel53a. I could stomach somewhere else but not them.

He's meant to think that Chelsea are too volatile and is not interested in going there. I think that he will choose City, they are a better run club than the other two these days and Txiki Begiristain's presence has surely got to be a factor.

He's meant to think that Chel53a are too volatile and is not interested in going there. I think that he will choose City, they are a better run club than the other two these days and Txiki Begiristain's presence has surely got to be a factor.

Spanish football expat-expert, Graham Hunter, thinks that if Manure were to go in for him he'd jump at the chance. Apparently he's always been in awe of the Old Trafford atmosphere and the history, esp since he nearly signed for Fergie around the time they signed Veron.
I have to question why you say that City are better run than United; both throw a lot of money at mediocre players these days imo

Spanish football expat-expert, Graham Hunter, thinks that if Manure were to go in for him he'd jump at the chance. Apparently he's always been in awe of the Old Trafford atmosphere and the history, esp since he nearly signed for Fergie around the time they signed Veron.
I have to question why you say that City are better run than United; both throw a lot of money at mediocre players these days imo

City are investing in their future and are only chucking money at mediocre English players to fill their quota. There seems to be no sense of direction or plan at United.

Fergie wouldn't go back imo, he ended on the high note of winning the title. I don't think he'd risk tainting that. But who knows with football?

Guardiola would surely choose Emirates Marketing Project -- when they have all their players fit, they are the best team in the country, and they have a bottomless pit of money to get whoever he wants to add to it. They will most certainly be in the Champions League next year and they are the club that is best setup for a manager to come in and immediately win the league. Being that Guardiola has only managed teams that are basically the best in the world, I don't think he'd manage anybody here but the best. I don't think Utd are in the top 3 sides in the country even with all their players fit. De Gea aside, their best players are on the way down, the rest aren't anything special (no matter how much they have paid). I wouldn't swap any of their players for ours to be honest. With LvG/a caretaker for the rest of the season, there's a big chance Utd won't have Champions League football next season too.

For Utd, Jose is the only game in town imo. Ancelotti is going to manage Bayern. IMO, Pep will go to City. Chelsea will pay stupid money for whoever the next top available boss will be and Real Madrid will likely be competing in that market too. That leaves Utd with Mourinho.

Hopefully, Mourinho will help Utd complete their transition to becoming Liverpool.

City are investing in their future and are only chucking money at mediocre English players to fill their quota. There seems to be no sense of direction or plan at United.

Really? Take away De Bruyne (perhaps) but i'd say almost all of Emirates Marketing Project's buys in the last 18 months or so have been overpriced mediocre players.
What future are you talking about? Take away Silva, Aguero and Kompany and there's not much future/youth fighting tooth and nail for their cause imo.
It's the blend of present and future that sets Fergie (and to an extent Wenger) apart from the other big moneyed clubs imo

Really? Take away De Bruyne (perhaps) but i'd say almost all of Emirates Marketing Project's buys in the last 18 months or so have been overpriced mediocre players.
What future are you talking about? Take away Silva, Aguero and Kompany and there's not much future/youth fighting tooth and nail for their cause imo.
It's the blend of present and future that sets Fergie (and to an extent Wenger) apart from the other big moneyed clubs imo

I'm talking about them investing in their infrastructure.

As @the dza says, they have the best squad in the league, bags of money and patient owners. Guardiola would have to be mad to pick United over them.

I'm talking about them investing in their infrastructure.

As @the dza says, they have the best squad in the league, bags of money and patient owners. Guardiola would have to be mad to pick United over them.

Are you referring to Manchester or Abu Dhabi here?

Both clubs have bags of money; United have the history and culture though. In fact, he'd probably get more kudos going to United at their low ebb at the moment and returning them to the top after years of being accused of only going to teams who are at the top in their leagues.

Both clubs have bags of money; United have the history and culture though. In fact, he'd probably get more kudos going to United at their low ebb at the moment and returning them to the top after years of being accused of only going to teams who are at the top in their leagues.
Yep that is how I see it. The allure of Utd is tarnished certainly, but they still have enough of a draw over City to be the choice appointment. Utd over City for me if both are on offer. Chelsea a distant third.

Six games without a win, their worst run in 17 years.

December 1998:

2-3 loss to Spurs in the League Cup
1-1 against Villa in the league
1-1 against Bayern in the CL
2-2 against Spurs in the league
1-1 against Chelsea in the league
2-3 loss to Middlesbrough in the league.

We're gonna win the league cup. Oh, wait...

that's true, but, he's managed Barca and Bayern, there is only 1 bigger club left available to him

completing the set has to have its temptation

United need to be very careful who they get in.

I would not touch Jose he's far to emotive, they need a steady hand on the tiller.

I'd go for Koeman.

United need to be very careful who they get in.

I would not touch Jose he's far to emotive, they need a steady hand on the tiller.

I'd go for Koeman.
Ancellotti would fit that description better IMO

Prediction:
Utd....Ancellotti
Chelsea....Simeone
City....Pep (edit actually I can see Pellegrini getting another year)
PSG.... Mourinho

Ancellotti would fit that description better IMO

Prediction:
Utd....Ancellotti
Chel53a....Simeone
City....Pep (edit actually I can see Pellegrini getting another year)
PSG.... Mourinho

Ancelotti has been confirmed as Guardiolas replacement at Bayern Munich this morning

Back