• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

(Sigh)...I meant as it sits right now. Today. And I am simply saying that I don't believe we would sell if we got a last minute bid. That's all. I am simply saying that in my opinion, as it stands right now, I believe Sept 3rd has arrived early.

I think we need resolution. If things being up in the air with him now is causing our season to go off the rails and a squad to be more unsettled than ever, we need to put a close on the whole situation.

- He signs a deal with no clause, we can all settle down.
- He leaves, we can all settle down.
- He does neither, and apparently the whole season is going to be a brick show.

And we dont really have much of a say in any of it, its all in his hands.

Eriksen has been excellent for us and has become major part of the Spurs DNA over recent seasons.
Now we though really need to resolve this for all parties sake so we can remember him for the good times.

I think we need resolution. If things being up in the air with him now is causing our season to go off the rails and a squad to be more unsettled than ever, we need to put a close on the whole situation.

- He signs a deal with no clause, we can all settle down.
- He leaves, we can all settle down.
- He does neither, and apparently the whole season is going to be a brick show.

And we dont really have much of a say in any of it, its all in his hands.

I think one more season right now will be enough. And knowing that we will not sell is a big deal. Ballsy. It allows time to get the replacement and keep top 4 solid whilst we do...

I think one more season is no good. His head/heart arent in it. We live with the uncertainty of it all. We dont get to move on properly.

Its purgatory.

I agree in principle, but the blunt reality is we need to maintain out top 4 status to maintain affordability of targets. So given where we’re at, we need to bite the bullet for another season. I think his head will be OK for the rest of the season, save his disappointment in Barca not wanting him.

But yes, in principle it is far from ideal.

I agree in principle, but the blunt reality is we need to maintain out top 4 status to maintain affordability of targets. So given where we’re at, we need to bite the bullet for another season. I think his head will be OK for the rest of the season, save his disappointment in Barca not wanting him.

But yes, in principle it is far from ideal.

The blunt reality is that if he isnt the consumate pro his staying around could well cost us that top 4 place (and it could be argued his performance last year wasnt exactly stellar...)

If he is staying, then harsh as it may seem, I want to see us move on without him anyway. He can start the season, keep the show on the road - but over time I want to see Lo Celso and NDombele bedded in and brought up to speed - at Eriksens expense.

If he still here after the weekend it will be the best news of the summer ( imo), we are weaker team with out him in it and even if we only get one more season with him it will enable the new players to settle in and not get pushed straight into the focal point off the team. IE the creative player.

The blunt reality is that if he isnt the consumate pro his staying around could well cost us that top 4 place (and it could be argued his performance last year wasnt exactly stellar...)

If he is staying, then harsh as it may seem, I want to see us move on without him anyway. He can start the season, keep the show on the road - but over time I want to see Lo Celso and NDombele bedded in and bought up to speed - at Eriksens expense.

I really don’t see him being anything other than a consummate pro. Even now, he’s been dropped when he’s clearly too good to leave out and he hasn’t been leaking to the press.

I’ve absolutely no ill will towards Eriksen. I’d rather he didn’t give that interview but I don’t think it was that bad and he’s always carried himself well.

He’s given us 6 good years. He didn’t support the club and the days of staying at a club for 10 years are pretty much gone unless you’re collecting trophies (Neville, Scholes) or you’re a supporter (Shearer, Gerrard). Eriksen is 27 and probably wants to experience a different culture and different style of football. Good luck to him - I hope he gets what he wants. Of course, I’d love that to be another contract at Spurs but I just don’t see it happening.

I really don’t see him being anything other than a consummate pro. Even now, he’s been dropped when he’s clearly too good to leave out and he hasn’t been leaking to the press.

I’ve absolutely no ill will towards Eriksen. I’d rather he didn’t give that interview but I don’t think it was that bad and he’s always carried himself well.

He’s given us 6 good years. He didn’t support the club and the days of staying at a club for 10 years are pretty much gone unless you’re collecting trophies (Neville, Scholes) or you’re a supporter (Shearer, Gerrard). Eriksen is 27 and probably wants to experience a different culture and different style of football. Good luck to him - I hope he gets what he wants. Of course, I’d love that to be another contract at Spurs but I just don’t see it happening.

I should say - Ive no personal issue with him whatsoever. And as a footballer he is one of my favourites at the club. This isnt an emotive thing at all.

My point is this:
- He plays, chances are even if he puts in his yards and keeps his mouth shut - we arent getting the best of him. Much like last season.
- He plays, other people dont. Then he leaves, and where does that leave us?
- He stays, there is the persistent and ongoing speculation as to what happens next, potentially unsettling the squad. Its September on Sunday, how long before talk of a January move starts up?

If, as Steff says, the choice is not to sell now but to keep him - it has to be based around a strategy of phasing him out, IMO.

We play him over the coming weeks, giving players time to settle in slowly, acclimate, find their footing - but we then move the balance towards the like of Lo Celso over time and marginalise Eriksen.

Come the end of the season he can leave and its of no great effect to us.

Compared to him leaving at the end of the season having occupied a place all year, and it coming as a rather sharp shock to the team to try and adapt suddenly.

He can't get too down because it's not like we've denied him a dream move, he's spoken to 2 clubs (Atletico and Utd) and allegedly turned them down because he's waiting for Real or Barca neither of which have come in for him. We've offered him good terms with a decent wage, helped develop him etc so from a Spurs point of view I don't think he really has any beef with us and therefore shouldn't be disappointed from that side.

If he's annoyed with anyone it should be his agent who I assume decided it was a good idea to do a story on him wanting to leave when there was no firm interest from clubs he wanted to join.

The Eriksen thing is a bit of a mess IMO! He wants to run his contract down and there is no much Spurs can do, there will be many more players doing this over time

He has been so poorly advised

Madrid sign players who are names and at the top of the game reputation wise

Eriksen is IMO world class and good enough but doesn’t have the profile

Slow to offer pay rises as we had to control our spend with stadium build at full pace. We got him at a UT throat price and he's been great value to us. So win-win.
Its win win for Eriksen.He just sits tight for a year and gets his big payday.Even if he gets a 20mill signing on fee who ever signs him is still up.We were slow in offering big pay rises and in the end Eriksen who maybe 2 years ago would have signed an extension sees no value in signing now when in a year he hits the jackpot.We either play him fully or discard him fully not this mess we have now.This only want to go to one club etc has made it easier for him to stay for another year.It also means we will probably have no money for next summer.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back