• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Seriously is there any sense to this!
You either reach agreement properly with all leagues or the idea is dead! Surly?
edit.Finally reaching deal with no other league is bizarre.

I guess they probably thought that the PL is the strongest league and others would follow.

I'm sure we also used to start another week or two before the main other leagues but this year we were only 1 week before La Liga and the Bundesliga.

I guess the other leagues simply dont have a problem with the window being open after their season has started

Yes. He's turned in top performances on the world stage, he's proven vital to us in key moments of many games, his stats are the definition of world class and we haven't had a player of his ilk since Modric.

Which of the four do you dispute? Also what position is he in now? He's a regular, key player at last year's champions league finalists. What does that say about him?

I'm thinking you're another one to lump in the WUM basket.

Given your rather aggressive and bombastic approach to debating, it's amusing for you to consider me the WUM.

Lets just agree to disagree, clearly we have very different views of what world class even means

He's a good player even a great player but he's not at the top level which I would term as WC. As much as he absolutely makes my pants sticky going into this summer I wasn't I really concerned about replacing him if he wanted to leave. As I believe there are a number of comparable players out there.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

It would be interesting to hear who these comparable players are and if they can match the assists and goals he has racked up, and are avaliable to us.

The logic behind it made sense - it was done so that squads should be settled going into the new season. The only problem with it is that the other main leagues haven't followed suit, which creates problems for our clubs. Unless the other main leagues do adopt the same policy, or a date which is more or less the same, I agree that we should go back to the same end date as them
Not all European leagues start at the same time, that’s the issue, not that they haven’t adopted it.

They should open the window from June to mid July, most leagues have not started then. No reason why a 6 week period is not long enough for this. The 4 week January window works fine.

Not all European leagues start at the same time, that’s the issue, not that they haven’t adopted it.

They should open the window from June to mid July, most leagues have not started then. No reason why a 6 week period is not long enough for this. The 4 week January window works fine.
Thing is they have no motivation to synchronise the windows now that it all works in their favour.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Just examples of players that do the business when it really matters, not the only ones.

Eriksen is yet to step up to being a player who can make that difference when it counts, imo.

And until he can do that he won't be world class.

In seasons past his numbers were very comparable to Ozil and Coutinho, do you consider either of them world class?

Countinho never got near his numbers IIRC

And Ozil has won the World Cup and played for Madrid .... he isn’t a bad player

And again do you consider De Bruyne to be world class? His numbers are just on par with eriksens

Those numbers don't make him world class, Modric has much worse "numbers" but clearly is the superior player position played notwithstanding.

He's a good player even a great player but he's not at the top level which I would term as WC. As much as he absolutely makes my pants sticky going into this summer I wasn't I really concerned about replacing him if he wanted to leave. As I believe there are a number of comparable players out there.

At the same time the apparent lack of interest ifrom the elite teams is also an indication of the status he holds. He just isn't of that undeniable quality that they want to go for him despite the reduced fee.

I'm an ideal world we keep him and add to him as his unchallenged status has done us no good (Lamela is not good enough).

Or that they have players already in his position
Or they don’t have the money
Or they have other priorities

It would be interesting to hear who these comparable players are and if they can match the assists and goals he has racked up, and are avaliable to us.

A player I would love who is similar but would cost upwards of £60m more now is Kai Haivertz

I can’t think of anyone in our league who is similar other than Maddison who I wanted at Norwich as eriksen cover

We have found 4 players in 4 windows in that are able to improve the squad

I’m dreading the struggle to find someone to replace what a single player brings.

And again do you consider De Bruyne to be world class? His numbers are just on par with eriksens

I believe Coutinhos numbers were very close, I remember all the arguments on here as to who was better.

Ozil isn't a bad player (when he turns up), but the question was do you think he is world class?

Not sure I consider de Bruyne world class, but I do think he is better than Eriksen

We looked at two of those players this past window with Fernandes and Dybala. To be fair I think replacing Eriksen is better done in a more sophisticated manner than just buying a direct replacement. One of the issues that we have had over the years is a lack of creativity as we have very much relied upon Eriksen alone to get us ticking. That isn't enough so replacing is a case of improving the CM which we have done with Ndombele and Lo Celso and then also bringing in a ACM that would make the team stronger overall, more creative and less reliant on a single player performing which we have been with Eriksen.

Are you seriously going to argue that Eriksen is on par with Dr Bruyne based on numbers? I don't mind using numbers as a secondary analysis but the difference in quality between the two players is clear with the naked eye. If your rather basic numbers don't tell that story then they aren't telling the whole story.

Or that they have players already in his position
Or they don’t have the money
Or they have other priorities

If he were world class they would buy period, especially Madrid. who have on multiple occasions bought multiple quality players for the same position and have let them fight it out. He's a good player just not a elite one and hence that lack of interest. I don't even see this as something we should be concerned about l, just because he plays for us we don't have to pretend he's the 'very bestest player in the world' just appreciate him for what he is. [emoji2379]

I believe Coutinhos numbers were very close, I remember all the arguments on here as to who was better.

Ozil isn't a bad player (when he turns up), but the question was do you think he is world class?

Not sure I consider de Bruyne world class, but I do think he is better than Eriksen

I think he was
Don’t think he has been for some time
Coutinho was near for about 3 months then disappeared
He also played in the attacking 3 not the one behind
De Bruyne is IMO world class. Their isn’t a better player in his role in the world IMo

We looked at two of those players this past window with Fernandes and Dybala. To be fair I think replacing Eriksen is better done in a more sophisticated manner than just buying a direct replacement. One of the issues that we have had over the years is a lack of creativity as we have very much relied upon Eriksen alone to get us ticking. That isn't enough so replacing is a case of improving the CM which we have done with Ndombele and Lo Celso and then also bringing in a ACM that would make the team stronger overall, more creative and less reliant on a single player performing which we have been with Eriksen.

Are you seriously going to argue that Eriksen is on par with Dr Bruyne based on numbers? I don't mind using numbers as a secondary analysis but the difference in quality between the two players is clear with the naked eye. If your rather basic numbers don't tell that story then they aren't telling the whole story.

If he were world class they would buy period, especially Madrid. who have on multiple occasions bought multiple quality players for the same position and have let them fight it out. He's a good player just not a elite one and hence that lack of interest. I don't even see this as something we should be concerned about l, just because he plays for us we don't have to pretend he's the 'very bestest player in the world' just appreciate him for what he is. [emoji2379]

Yes I am arguing
I’ve seen de Bruyne be outstanding
And I’ve seen him be average
Seen the same for eriksen
And erisken isn’t playing in the best side in Europe
And Madrid ain’t buying anyone so far of note so maybe their just a cluster fudge this season

Yes I am arguing
I’ve seen de Bruyne be outstanding
And I’ve seen him be average
Seen the same for eriksen
And Eriksen-sen-sen isn’t playing in the best side in Europe
And Madrid ain’t buying anyone so far of note so maybe their just a cluster fudge this season
They bought Hazard - a guy who is acknowledged everywhere as world class and who has single handedly won many big games and even trophies for his team. I don’t know many World Class players whose career honours list equate to a couple of league titles in Holland. Eriksen has been great for us, but World class is a bit of a stretch....

They bought Hazard - a guy who is acknowledged everywhere as world class and who has single handedly won many big games and even trophies for his team. I don’t know many World Class players whose career honours list equate to a couple of league titles in Holland. Eriksen has been great for us, but World class is a bit of a stretch....

Yeah true
I forgot about him
I thought it was Roland from Grange Hill playing when I saw him

Honours can’t be a way to judge a player as it’s a team sport

Look at who has won the league for example in recent years ... a certain Australian reserve keeper got a medal for 2 clubs... is he better than Hugo?

Or look at players who were reserves for United and won medals

It has to be contributions and if a players goals and assists don’t count when that’s his job then I don’t know what does

Yeah true
I forgot about him
I thought it was Roland from Grange Hill playing when I saw him

Honours can’t be a way to judge a player as it’s a team sport

Look at who has won the league for example in recent years ... a certain Australian reserve keeper got a medal for 2 clubs... is he better than Hugo?

Or look at players who were reserves for United and won medals

It has to be contributions and if a players goals and assists don’t count when that’s his job then I don’t know what does
Honours have to be a way to judge whether you are world class or not, because you are talking about the very top players in the world, you’re no longer just judging run of the mill players against each other - How many world class players do you know who haven’t won trophies in one of the major leagues or international tournaments?

Yes average players win medals too and that’s because of the top players compensating for them - Again like Hazard at Chelsea.

Yes contributions matter, and shows he has been a great player for us over the years. Literally no one is debating that.....

Honours have to be a way to judge whether you are world class or not, because you are talking about the very top players in the world, you’re no longer just judging run of the mill players against each other - How many world class players do you know who haven’t won trophies in one of the major leagues or international tournaments?

Yes average players win medals too and that’s because of the top players compensating for them - Again like Hazard at Chelsea.

Yes contributions matter, and shows he has been a great player for us over the years. Literally no one is debating that.....

I’ll throw one name into the equation... Mustaffi... won a World Cup
Played too
Utter brick
Team game and he was covered by his team mates

Last season the kid at pool was on the bench in the CL final and still wore his medal when getting his hair cut!!!!

Origi scored every shot he had last season for pool in the CL... is he World class because that could be argued

Someone said earlier they use their eyes when judging WC players.. you have to watch a LOT of football for that to work but I agree with the principle

Eriksen has stood out in games against Chelsea away when they were good and scored, city away and scored, Madrid at home, Chelsea at home when they were unbeatable (2 quality assists), pool Wembley when he scored, United away when he scored ... sure he scored the winner vs Inter at Wembley last season in a massive crunch game

Those were games I saw against BIG sides just from memory and ive drunk 2 bottles of wine

Back