• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

It was pathetic at the time and yes, remains so. He wanted Barca for two years and when he realized it wasn’t mutual, switched focus. I have it on goor authority that AM came in for him before Trippier and he said no (I am obliged to say this is “speculation”). He and his agents have ballsed this up big-time. He should’ve hired me.
why wouldn't they still want him?

was this before they signed (the wonderful) Felix?

I agree. But as I have maintained for a long time his dream was Barca and even RM is a compromise for him...

I can’t believe he’s gone out on a limb like this for one club who have shown no interest in signing him. Smells to me like he’s had some assurances from Barca or Madrid and it’ll happen in the next few days or in January.

Eriksen has always struck me as a likable and intelligent fella. I really can’t see him burning his bridges publicly based on nothing more than hope.

Yes, I have a feeling this one will be done before the end of the window - Real have learnt their lesson not to enter into negotiations with Levy early on in the window.

I expect it will be a take it or leave it offer of around £40-45m come Sunday evening.

Yes, I have a feeling this one will be done before the end of the window - Real have learnt their lesson not to enter into negotiations with Levy early on in the window.

I expect it will be a take it or leave it offer of around £40-45m come Sunday evening.

Sounds plausible. Looks very likely this is the best option for all parties involved too. It's obvious the club needs to resolve the situation ASAP, and I can't see Eriksen signing a new contract now, unfortunately.

Short version? They're the Spanish Spurs.

Long version? They demand high intensity, work rate, and press like dogs - and could really use Eriksen for exactly what he brings to us. Its a "fit", IMO.

Conversely, I just cant see him at RM. I cant see him in the team, I cant see him settling down, cant see him dealing with the pressure, with the unrealistic expectation, with the PR and open door policy with the press... I just cant see him there at all.

Similarly Barca. They obviously dont need him. And I dont really see how he fits into a team built around a fading Messi, they will get in each others way.

I agree. But as I have maintained for a long time his dream was Barca and even RM is a compromise for him...

Then he is nothing like as smart as I thought him to be.

I wouldn’t be surprised.

Do people really think Eriksen would go public and then refuse to get around the negotiating table where there is an offer to double or treble his salary based on nothing more than hope that Barca or Madrid might come in? His stance has also hardened since he went public. At that point he said staying at spurs would be okay too. Now it seems he doesn’t want to even consider it.

I wouldn’t be surprised.

Do people really think Eriksen would go public and then refuse to get around the negotiating table where there is an offer to double or treble his salary based on nothing more than hope that Barca or Madrid might come in? His stance has also hardened since he went public. At that point he said staying at spurs would be okay too. Now it seems he doesn’t want to even consider it.
What if Levy has offered £200K a week with a £100M buyout, but Eriksen wants a £30M buyout, and that's the sticking point?

Isn’t the story that he doesn’t even want to negotiate at the moment?

As ever, plenty of stories but nothing really tangible.

Ive seen that there is a major falling out with the agent, and that the agent wont even sit at the table to negotiate.

Dont know if its true, but common sense dictates - if you are Eriksen - the last thing to do at this point is sign a deal.

Ah, I missed that. When he said about the possibility of signing a new contract, he said it was all down to Levy, and I took that to mean 'all down to Levy to accept a low buyout'.

I’m just guessing as much as the next man based on what I’m reading. All I do know is Eriksen went public and clearly tinkled Poch off and he’s not signed a new contract. He’s always struck me as a fairly clever fella so I can’t see him doing that if he hasn’t been tapped up.

I’m just guessing as much as the next man based on what I’m reading. All I do know is Eriksen went public and clearly tinkled Poch off and he’s not signed a new contract. He’s always struck me as a fairly clever fella so I can’t see him doing that if he hasn’t been tapped up.

Problem is, who knows who said what?

I wouldnt trust Real, for example, at all. Ive seen how they have done business in the past and they are completely unreliable.

And Barca have shown literally no interest, while buying DeJong who will do the same sort of job, and publicly courting Neymar, so it would seem obvious they arent a goer.

Maybe his agent has been exaggerating interest? Sold him some porkies?

I mean, if you look at it - it really doesnt stack up.

And I tend to think his PUBLIC courting of interest, was actually more about drumming interest up than following through anything said in private.

If there was genuine interest in private, he, them, and the club can all deal in private. Why would he need to go public at all?

But - it would make sense to go public if he was trying to generate some calls, flush out a buyer...

Problem is, who knows who said what?

I wouldnt trust Real, for example, at all. Ive seen how they have done business in the past and they are completely unreliable.

And Barca have shown literally no interest, while buying DeJong who will do the same sort of job, and publicly courting Neymar, so it would seem obvious they arent a goer.

Maybe his agent has been exaggerating interest? Sold him some porkies?

I mean, if you look at it - it really doesnt stack up.

And I tend to think his PUBLIC courting of interest, was actually more about drumming interest up than following through anything said in private.

If there was genuine interest in private, he, them, and the club can all deal in private. Why would he need to go public at all?

But - it would make sense to go public if he was trying to generate some calls, flush out a buyer...

Why go public? Why not get his agent to pick up the phone to Barca and Real? If that’s his game he’s tinkled off the manager, club and fans he always knew he could end up playing for. It’s a ridiculously high risk strategy and I’m not sure he couldn’t have accomplished what he wanted with a private phone call anyway.

Why go public? Why not get his agent to pick up the phone to Barca and Real? If that’s his game he’s tinkled off the manager, club and fans he always knew he could end up playing for. It’s a ridiculously high risk strategy and I’m not sure he couldn’t have accomplished what he wanted with a private phone call anyway.

This is my point.

Going public is a risk, its speculative, so to me it indicates it wasnt on the back of a nudge and a wink.

If he was actually tapped up (and no movement whatsoever at this point suggests otherwise) then he could have gone to the club, told them he wants out, told them he has someone lined up - and set about making a deal happen.

We have seen this summer even (Fernandes maybe?) where an agent has been given a price, and permission to go find a buyer that meets it.

None of this needs to be done in public, unless - there is no buyer, no tapper-upper, no tangible interest. At which point, the public statement declares "Ive burned my bridges, come and get me, someone!"

He’s played it spectacularly badly, whatever happens now.

Back