• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

He has been so poorly advised

Madrid sign players who are names and at the top of the game reputation wise

Eriksen is IMO world class and good enough but doesn’t have the profile
He would have the profile if he actually turned up more often in the big games but he doesn’t. For example except for a couple of goals against Chelsea I can barely remember him putting in top performances against the big 6 - I’m sure there are more but he hasn’t done it anywhere near enough what someone of his ability should . After the plaudits he got against Villa I knew he wouldn’t turn up against Emirates Marketing Project. Yes the whole team were poor but a world class player drags his team to victory in the big games - he too often disappears and he hasn’t done that enough to get the coverage of being a world class player....

Personally I think the thing that holds him back from being a class above is that he isn’t great when being pressed. I think when he has space his passing is second to none, but when pressed he doesn’t really have that physical or technical ability to escape and make space for himself.

Same bracket as Messi is he? Ronaldo?

He's no where near. They've proven themselves in the biggest games, he hasn't.

Maybe one day he'll step up, but he hasn't yet.

Messi and Ronaldo are the only world class players that exist? Nonsense. Have you seen Eriksen play for Denmark? How many games has he won us late on?

He is easily our most influential player, without question. His stats do not lie. We are fooling ourselves if we think he'd be easy to replace. We haven't had a player of his class since Modric. Plain and simple.

The view you hold on this is almost more silly and concerning than your stance on Sissoko.

You seem to be having 4 ideas at once.

Eriksen is not a world class performer.

If he was, he wouldn't be in the position he is now.

None of which is ridiculous, and neither does it deny that he really is top quality.

He just isn't at that peak level.

It was pathetic at the time and yes, remains so. He wanted Barca for two years and when he realized it wasn’t mutual, switched focus. I have it on goor authority that AM came in for him before Trippier and he said no (I am obliged to say this is “speculation”). He and his agents have ballsed this up big-time. He should’ve hired me.

Doesn’t that back up what he said?

He will only go to a bigger club

He is top top class in a Spurs shirt and has made us tick for so long, it's frightening to think of him not here!
He fits us like a good suit!
World/Top Class?
All I know he will be sorely missed when/if he leaves!

Very good post, the "handle" world class is thrown around far too easy by fans and some of those classed world class are not in other fans eyes.

What is relavent ( imo) is that he is our best player and we are not the same team without him in it, he makes us t ic k and without we have no one who does what he does. Now fans have to make up their own minds what that makes him ( world class/top class?) but one thing for sure without him we are not as good/strong and fans need to take their blinkers off and not turn on him because he has made a statement about MAYBE moving on. imo

Same bracket as Messi is he? Ronaldo?

He's no where near. They've proven themselves in the biggest games, he hasn't.

Maybe one day he'll step up, but he hasn't yet.

Really comes down to more than that for me. He doesn't make a difference when it counts enough to be truly world class imo

But only really 2 players on the world do that hence why their the very best

But eriskens numbers aren’t flukes

He has a crazy number of assists and actual goals for his position and he has scored them vs the very best too

I saw those quotes too - feels like good news assuming its right. Hopefully it means that assuming there is no offer today, then Eriksen will start tomorrow. We badly missed him last week.

That said, even despite these comments, if Real or barca rang on Sunday evening or Monday morning and offered £60m or whatever the price is, I think he'd be off. Could still get terms agreed and medical done in that time

If I'm being honest this staggered transfer window ’abortion’ is terrible and must never happen again!
Those who voted it through should hang their heads, Levy being one! What a self-inflicted disadvantage it has proved to be and it actually beggars belief!

He has a crazy number of assists and actual goals for his position and he has scored them vs the very best too

Just examples of players that do the business when it really matters, not the only ones.

Eriksen is yet to step up to being a player who can make that difference when it counts, imo.

And until he can do that he won't be world class.

In seasons past his numbers were very comparable to Ozil and Coutinho, do you consider either of them world class?

Those numbers don't make him world class, Modric has much worse "numbers" but clearly is the superior player position played notwithstanding.

He's a good player even a great player but he's not at the top level which I would term as WC. As much as he absolutely makes my pants sticky going into this summer I wasn't I really concerned about replacing him if he wanted to leave. As I believe there are a number of comparable players out there.

At the same time the apparent lack of interest ifrom the elite teams is also an indication of the status he holds. He just isn't of that undeniable quality that they want to go for him despite the reduced fee.

I'm an ideal world we keep him and add to him as his unchallenged status has done us no good (Lamela is not good enough).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

“People will say: ‘Why are you playing Christian?’ The teammates can say: ‘Why are you playing Christian if the rumour is he’s going to leave? Gaffer, why am I not playing when Christian is looking to go away?’” Pochettino said. “In this situation there are plenty of things that happen inside that I cannot translate to the media and our fans. The most important is to trust in our judgment. If people have the information to make this decision, it’s us.”

Gives an indication of the behind-the-scenes impact of the will-he-won't-he leave uncertainty, and the player expectations (grievances?) that Poch has to juggle.

If I'm being honest this staggered transfer window ’abortion’ is terrible and must never happen again!
Those who voted it through should hang their heads, Levy being one! What a self-inflicted disadvantage it has proved to be and it actually beggars belief!

The logic behind it made sense - it was done so that squads should be settled going into the new season. The only problem with it is that the other main leagues haven't followed suit, which creates problems for our clubs. Unless the other main leagues do adopt the same policy, or a date which is more or less the same, I agree that we should go back to the same end date as them

You seem to be having 4 ideas at once.

Eriksen is not a world class performer.

If he was, he wouldn't be in the position he is now.

None of which is ridiculous, and neither does it deny that he really is top quality.

He just isn't at that peak level.

Yes. He's turned in top performances on the world stage, he's proven vital to us in key moments of many games, his stats are the definition of world class and we haven't had a player of his ilk since Modric.

Which of the four do you dispute? Also what position is he in now? He's a regular, key player at last year's champions league finalists. What does that say about him?

I'm thinking you're another one to lump in the WUM basket.

The logic behind it made sense - it was done so that squads should be settled going into the new season. The only problem with it is that the other main leagues haven't followed suit, which creates problems for our clubs. Unless the other main leagues do adopt the same policy, or a date which is more or less the same, I agree that we should go back to the same end date as them

Seriously is there any sense to this!
You either reach agreement properly with all leagues or the idea is dead! Surly?
edit.Finally reaching deal with no other league is bizarre.

Last edited:
“People will say: ‘Why are you playing Christian?’ The teammates can say: ‘Why are you playing Christian if the rumour is he’s going to leave? Gaffer, why am I not playing when Christian is looking to go away?’” Pochettino said. “In this situation there are plenty of things that happen inside that I cannot translate to the media and our fans. The most important is to trust in our judgment. If people have the information to make this decision, it’s us.”

Gives an indication of the behind-the-scenes impact of the will-he-won't-he leave uncertainty, and the player expectations (grievances?) that Poch has to juggle.

Quotes like this which make me feel it’s all going to be ok again, and Poch knows what he’s doing.

Seriously is there any sense to this!
You either reach agreement properly with all leagues or the idea is dead! Surly?
edit.Finally reaching deal with no other league is bizarre.

Why would any league consider shutting its window three weeks before the league starts?

Brain dead from the clubs in England

If they wanted to protect clubs stop inter PL club transfers.

Back