• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

"Held" as in past tense

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...talks-atletico-madrid-sale-christian-eriksen/

Tottenham held talks with Atletico Madrid over sale of Christian Eriksen

Tottenham Hotspur have held talks with Atletico Madrid over the sale of Christian Eriksen. It is understood that the 27-year-old Dane would prefer a move abroad and, in particular, to Spain. Manchester United have backed away from making an offer for Eriksen and called a halt to talks in the belief that he had his sights set elsewhere. Spurs’ discussions with Atletico over Eriksen initially took place during the Spanish club’s successful negotiations to sign Kieran Trippier for an initial £20 million. There is an expectation in Spain that Atletico may revive their interest once the transfer window closes in England at 5pm on Thursday. That may bring down Eriksen’s price with the Spanish window not closing until the start of September.

However, Atletico are also considering a move for James Rodriguez who was offered to United as part of Real Madrid’s efforts to sign Paul Pogba. If James moves to Atletico it would end Eriksen’s hopes of going there. James is represented by Jorge Mendes who has strong links with Atletico and recently signed Joao Felix from Benfica for an astonishing £113m. Eriksen had also hoped to attract interest from Real Madrid but it is understood that coach Zinedine Zidane’s priorities remain trying to persuade United to sell Pogba and also exploring the possibility of bringing in Donny van de Beek from Ajax. Eriksen has one more year left on his contract at Spurs and went public at the end of last season with his desire to leave the club this summer.

I honestly can't see Dybala coming to us. His wage demands (Whether deserved or not) are beyond our means

I think it a little late for him to suddenly start meeting clubs. If there was serious interest from one of his favoured clubs we would know by now. If they come in now it is because he is second or third choice for them.

Unless there is some behind the scenes agreement that we will let him know if we get one of our targets. But the lack of coverage is the Spanish sporting press suggests there really isn't much interest.

In his comments about seeking a new challenge there was a hint that he would sign a new contract if the challenge didn't materialise. I suspect he will run his contract down, though, which will ensure a big pay day.

I think it a little late for him to suddenly start meeting clubs. If there was serious interest from one of his favoured clubs we would know by now. If they come in now it is because he is second or third choice for them.

Unless there is some behind the scenes agreement that we will let him know if we get one of our targets. But the lack of coverage is the Spanish sporting press suggests there really isn't much interest.

In his comments about seeking a new challenge there was a hint that he would sign a new contract if the challenge didn't materialise. I suspect he will run his contract down, though, which will ensure a big pay day.

This.

He has to have looked at what happened to Ramsey and thought to himself that he can get mega wages and a new challenge at the end of the season. Great for him. Bad for us. he is not the kind of player who puts in a shift when his mind is elswhere from what I have seen.

Also.

I thought the whole point of the transfer window shutting before the season was for the teams to be settled. if we can still sell abroad what was the point in enforcing it just on the EPL. That makes no sense at all.

I think it ends before each country's domestic league season starts so that's why it's out of sync. Still seems stupid though I agree, just have a deadline for everyone across Europe.

Clubs will know that and with his contract situation low ball us.
Shift on rose, Wanyama and gkn and they would probably raise as much.
Unlikely to happen but you never know, especially in this mad window.

I feel like Eriksen’s indecision and lack of being a prime target for Real may mean he has to go to Atletico. Especially if we sign Dybala, he could ride it out as a squad player for a year or go where he’ll play.

Is a bit of a shame for him - surprising though that his agents didn’t get more certainty from Real before advising him on this course of action.

...can always sell him last minute in Jan!

(and maybe he'll sign a new contract for mega bucks with us)

He is going to be forced out in the next month whether he wants to go or not. Levy needs that £40-50m

His head must be all over the place.

Starts the summer thinking he’s off to Real. Ends it knowing that neither of the big two Spanish sides are really interested; with an English EL team saying ‘No thanks; and facing being back-up on the bench for us should no one from abroad come in late to take advantage of him being available at Poundland prices.

Bet he wishes he’d said nowt.

Back