• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

The Mail reporting that Eriksen wouldn’t go to United as he promised Levy he’d never join another English club.

Call me a cynic but talks clearly happened with United. Did Eriksen and his representatives not realise that United are an English club before those talks?

I think he has his heart set elsewhere. Likely Levy was pushing him toward Utd knowing they will pay silly money for anyone.

I dont believe the talk about not going to another Pl club out of some kind of integrity, thats gonad*s.

More likely he still fancies his chances of getting that La Liga move he wants. And as we all know, he holds all the cards...

The Mail reporting that Eriksen wouldn’t go to United as he promised Levy he’d never join another English club.

Call me a cynic but talks clearly happened with United. Did Eriksen and his representatives not realise that United are an English club before those talks?

Cannot say I blame him, he is use to playing Champions League football these days

Unsurprisingly, 7 of the 12 players shortlisted for the Champions League positional awards come from Premier League. Alisson, Lloris; Alexander-Arnold, van Dijk; Eriksen, Henderson; Mane. Ter-Stegen, de Ligt, de Jong, Messi, Ronaldo make up the other 5 in the 4 categories

Well, the club could have sold him last year.

Don’t blame the player or the club

It’s how contracts work

As has been discussed before, we could have sold him - but should we have? Was there real reason to? Was he indicating he would sign a deal?

AND - could we have sold him? We would have wanted to get a good fee, and we would need him to want the move - much easier said than done...

One thing I will say, to play a bit of devil's advocate - when a player signs a big contract and then says a year or two later that they want to leave, they get criticised. When they don't sign a new contract, they get criticised for running their contract down. Bit of a lose-lose for them!

Yep, not his issue, he's doing what he thi ks is best for him.
If I was a neutral I'd said he's made a bit of a muck of it for himself, but hey ho.

Only one comparable player in now in Lo Celso.

Success of the window now depends on what he does. If he stays, it's a definite step forward - added good depth, and built a squad that is more equipped to challenge than last season's.

If he goes, it's been a mediocre window - not bad, not particularly good, since we basically will have pulled a '1 out, 1 in, no net spend' policy again. Depth hasn't substantially changed, and first team will be somewhat weaker than last year's.

If he signs a new deal, it will have been an *excellent* window.

Up to him now, really.

I dont think it hinges on Eriksen at all.

I think in signing NDombele and LoCelso there is a signal for an evolution in the team.

Moving past the state that if Eriksen plays well we play well, if he doesnt we do not.

I think in signing NDombele and LoCelso there is a signal for an evolution in the team.

Moving past the state that if Eriksen plays well we play well, if he doesnt we do not.

Perhaps, but Eriksen is still one of the best players in the league, and on the planet. He was also run into the ground last season, because we had no cover for him whatsoever.

If we lose him, we put a somewhat less capable player (who is unfamiliar with our system and the Premier League) in his position with the exact same lack of cover, meaning he will similarly be run into the ground.

That's why it was important to sign *two* players to replace Eriksen, not one. The situation is still salvageable if he stays, though.

I have to beleive that with us trying to sign Dybala that we wanted a 2 players for that kind of position to have some cover. WE only got one over the line. Suprised we did not follow through with Fernandez.

Thins is Eriksen can still go to Spain in this window. If he plays well I have no issue with him running out his contract. Its modern football. and we got him for a good fee and to be honest his wages are crap. So if he can get a mega free transfer at the end of the season I wont mind.

What i dont want to see is him moping around and not putting in a shift. he needs to Knuckle down like Modric did.

Perhaps, but Eriksen is still one of the best players in the league, and on the planet. He was also run into the ground last season, because we had no cover for him whatsoever.

If we lose him, we put a somewhat less capable player (who is unfamiliar with our system and the Premier League) in his position with the exact same lack of cover, meaning he will similarly be run into the ground.

That's why it was important to sign *two* players to replace Eriksen, not one. The situation is still salvageable if he stays, though.

"in his position" misses the point.

What if, his position disappears? And we play in a different, more all team encompassing way?

Its kind of irrelevant how good Eriksen is, its about what works best for the team, for the whole. And sometimes playing a way where everyone fits and operates well is more important than fitting in a quality player.

Thats aside from all the questions about the sense in maintaining a set up that works around a player who is certain to leave. And assuming he will play as well as he can while he kills time waiting for that move...

I have to beleive that with us trying to sign Dybala that we wanted a 2 players for that kind of position to have some cover. WE only got one over the line. Suprised we did not follow through with Fernandez.

Thins is Eriksen can still go to Spain in this window. If he plays well I have no issue with him running out his contract. Its modern football. and we got him for a good fee and to be honest his wages are crap. So if he can get a mega free transfer at the end of the season I wont mind.

What i dont want to see is him moping around and not putting in a shift. he needs to Knuckle down like Modric did.

Time will tell character wise, but my first impression is that he will not deliver a season like Modric did (if he stays).

I see Dybala as a more attacking player. More second striker than playmaker. Not a player for the same job/position.

Think more like this

...............kane
....son..................dybala
.......ndombele....locelso
...............winks

Back