• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Are people going mad? We would be beyond stupid to sell one of our best players entering his prime years to a rival who are looking to rebuild and overtake us. If he wants to go then force him abroad or he stays would be my view.

We have rivals abroad too

I wouldn’t be too worried either way, tbh. When was the last time he showed up in a big game? And playing us would be a big game - especially for him.
Yeah. He’s rubbish. Get rid. Soon as. Taxi for Eriksen. Overrated fancy Dan Johnny Foreigner. Whom cares if he makes my pants sticky ? Those two penalties in pre-season? Hanging’s too good for him. I had that piers Morgan in the back of my Uber.

Yeah. He’s rubbish. Get rid. Soon as. Taxi for Eriksen. Overrated fancy Dan Johnny Foreigner. Whom cares if He makes my pants sticky ? Those two penalties in pre-season? Hanging’s too good for him. I had that piers Morgan in the back of my Uber.

I wish him well, think that he’s contributed a lot, and I can understand his reasons for wanting to leave. But I’ll repeat the question - what was the last big game he’s turned up for? And name two if you want to show any evidence of him consistently doing it!

As it is, there’s every chance he’s going to have to knuckle down and try to secure a first team spot with us. So the question about playing us is entirely hypothetical, I suppose.

Last edited:
I wish him well, think that he’s contributed a lot, and I can understand his reasons for wanting to leave. But I’ll repeat the question - what was the last big game he’s turned up for? And name two if you want to show any evidence of him consistently doing it!

As it is, there’s every chance he’s going to have to knuckle down and try to secure a first team spot with us. So the question about playing us is entirely hypothetical, I suppose.

Chelsea away last season, united away this

Chelsea away last season, united away this

Kind of proves my point - two PL games, the nearest of which was twelve months ago. And these two games were played in two different seasons, so hardly indicative of any consistency in a big game setting.

We had a run to the CL Final last year...

Anyway, I like the bloke, so I’ll desist!

Kind of proves my point - two PL games, the nearest of which was twelve months ago. And these two games were played in two different seasons, so hardly indicative of any consistency in a big game setting.

We had a run to the CL Final last year...

You said name 2 - which I did without really thinking.

Also, class a big game - Brighton at home last season - 1-0 last minute winner - got us CL football this season
Inter at home - last minute goal that got us through the groups
Barca Away
Chelsea at home last season 3-1 - sorry In original post I meant away the season before when he scored from distance

could name more

So whats happening with him? Athletico now?

Actually think that could suit him well.

Very good team, a well drilled unit, hard working and in need of some quality to make it happen.

In many ways I think they are the Spanish Spurs.

Whatever happens I cant imagine him staying.

Last edited:
So whats happening with him? Athletico now?

Actually think that could suite him well.

Very good team, a well drilled unit, hard working and in need of some quality to make it happen.

In many ways I think they are the Spanish Spurs.

Whatever happens I cant imagine him staying.

They have the money to make it happen, and if Dybala comes, Eriksen is G O N E. 50-60m would be enough to get it done, and Atletico might fancy paying that and tying him down now, as opposed to waiting for him to leave on a free next year - because there will be more competition at that time, and there is no guarantee he chooses Atletico in that situation.

It's a pretty depressing end to a great career with us - I have nothing but respect for him, and I will always be grateful for his professionalism and the six years he gave us. But there are more glorious ways of leaving.

They have the money to make it happen, and if Dybala comes, Eriksen is G O N E. 50-60m would be enough to get it done, and Atletico might fancy paying that and tying him down now, as opposed to waiting for him to leave on a free next year - because there will be more competition at that time, and there is no guarantee he chooses Atletico in that situation.

I think its a move that makes a lot of sense, at least in that I think he and they suit each other well.

So many reports about him, one was that he wanted a new lifestyle. Madrid certainly offers that.

And a sporting challenge - though Athelti are not as guaranteed trophies as their rivals of course.

Also in the intangibles. I never really saw Eriksen at Real. Too much hype, expectation, PR... Hes a quiet lad that wants to do a job, he isnt a galactico.

Similarly Barca, while Im sure his game suits them more Ive never been convinced his personality works there either.

Athleti? Actually I can really see him there.

It's a pretty depressing end to a great career with us - I have nothing but respect for him, and I will always be grateful for his professionalism and the six years he gave us. But there are more glorious ways of leaving.

It is. He managed to make a complete hash of the whole situation. And screw the club in the process. And generally mess all and sundry about.

Its a shame. He has been wonderful for us, but leaving in this way really does leave a bad taste.

Last edited:
And neither party ends up with what they wanted e.g. us maybe forcing him out and getting a lower fee than we could have and him not getting his choice of club that he wanted (Barca or Real).

I'm very surprised he did that interview without having firm offers from somewhere, not very well advised.

I always assumed he had some contact before hand and the interview was about smoothing the way...

Even now, its entirely possible that was the case - but clubs are fickle and perhaps they didnt follow up.

Leaving him (and us) in a right mess.

Must be quite sobering to put himself out there and not get a single bite.

I always assumed he had some contact before hand and the interview was about smoothing the way...

Even now, its entirely possible that was the case - but clubs are fickle and perhaps they didnt follow up.

Leaving him (and us) in a right mess.

Must be quite sobering to put himself out there and not get a single bite.

Or he has had and the club are in a weaker position once the window shuts here.

Back