• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Another bad perfomance from Eriksen. He's nowhere near optimal condition and contribution on the pitch after last int break.
Hopefully he'll start on the bench on Saturday and that will fire him up.

Another bad perfomance from Eriksen. He's nowhere near optimal condition and contribution on the pitch after last int break.
Hopefully he'll start on the bench on Saturday and that will fire him up.

I think he's had too many games where we and Denmark just needed him too much, there are moments he just looks tired .. mentally/physically.

Even if Lamela can take 15/20 mins off him every game, think it will help immensely.

1912 minutes, wow. No wonder he is tired. That's about 100 minutes less than Dembele and Son played in the entire 2016/17 PL season. (PL only though)

Eriksen also played more PL minutes than any other Spurs player last season, 3164 minutes - probably sprinting in about 3000 of them.

He needs to rest up so he doesn't burn out too soon. We will need him firing for the last half of the season if we want fourth/CL success/FA cup run.

Those stats omit two competitive games played in August prior to the 26th so by my back of a postage stamp reckoning he's actually played the equivalent of just over 24 competitive games in 17 weeks since the start of the season, ie slightly less than 1.5 games a week, which though tough frankly doesn't seem all that dreadful to me.

His 'problem' if you like is he's never dropped and very rarely injured.

According to https://www.transfermarkt.com/christian-eriksen/

excluding international appearances...

16/17: 4038 minutes over 48 games
15/16: 3906 minutes over 47 games
14/15: 3870 minutes over 48 games
Total: 11,814 minutes over 143 games

Eriksen has played 9 more games than Lloris

16/17: 3815 minutes over 43 games
15/16: 4230 minutes over 47 games
14/15: 3871 minutes over 44 games
Total: 12,006 minutes over 134 games

and almost 1,000 more minutes than Kane, over the past 3 seasons.

16/17: 3154 minutes over 38 games
15/16: 4027 minutes over 50 games
14/15: 3680 minutes over 51 games
Total: 10,841 minutes over 139 games

Strolling round is one thing, prompt accurate passing woul be more beneficial for the team.

And making more tackles, instead of being seen as a bluffer by opponents.

He is so important to us and the only player we have no replacement for, like others have said he looks knackered but our problem has been having no one who gives us what he does. Having Lamela back will help but ( imo) they are different players with different skills.

I think the reactions to Eriksen are part one of the bluffer’s guide to being a supporter with perspective and balls. IF you cannot see that the bloke is in need of a mental (and physical) break, then IMO you are a bit of a muppet; more Fozzy than Kermit. I personally think his effort has been huge all season.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Im hoping Lamelas return can allow Eriksen a few games off. Ive always liked Lamela in more central positions, I think it could work nicely with him playing in Eriksens place.

Back