• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Capital One Cup Draw - 5th round: West Ham (H)

Re: Capital One Cup Draw - 4th round: Hull (H)

Red scum v blue scum. Perfect. What are their fixtures around that date?

Providing Arsenal go through:

Arsenal - Chelsea
Tottenham - Hull

Three of the four teams play on Sunday 27 October. Who will get the honour of playing their COC tie on Tuesday 29 October?

They COULD let us and Hull play on Thursday and move Hull's next game, at home to Sunderland, to Sunday.

That's a kind draw. Huddlestone to be shown up hopefully.

Baggies in round 5 please...

That will be two home games against Hull in three days, we got them in hte league the weekend before

Providing Arsenal go through:

Arsenal - Chelsea
Tottenham - Hull

Three of the four teams play on Sunday 27 October. Who will get the honour of playing their COC tie on Tuesday 29 October?
They COULD let us and Hull play on Thursday and move Hull's next game, at home to Sunderland, to Sunday.

I will 100% guarantee we will be playing on the Tuesday night if Arsenal win tonight.

As we play Hull on the Sunday, despite we would have played on the Thursday (away too!), the League would deem no team is disadvantaged playing twice in 3 days. Coveniently forgetting it would be our 3rd in 6 days...yet again
But as Arsenal play Sat 12.45pm and Chelsea play Sun 4pm (v City) I cant see them making Chelsea playing twice in 3 days

First time we've played Hull City in the League Cup - they will be our 66th different opponents since West Ham United in 1966.

i assume we lost that, seeing as they won the world cup that year?

i assume we lost that, seeing as they won the world cup that year?

Yes, Bill Nicholson didn't enter Spurs for the first five years of the competition and it was sporadic after that.

It only became compulsory for all 92 Football League clubs to enter the competition in 1972.

That will be two home games against Hull in three days, we got them in hte league the weekend before

Reminds me of 1999 and Wimbledon, we drew them in league cup semi finals over 2 legs, the fa cup and replay and also in league

16 Jan 1999 Tottenham Hotspur v Wimbledon D 0-0 Premier League
23 Jan 1999 Wimbledon v Tottenham Hotspur D 1-1 FA Cup
27 Jan 1999 Tottenham Hotspur v Wimbledon D 0-0 Worthington Cup
02 Feb 1999 Tottenham Hotspur v Wimbledon W 3-0 FA Cup
16 Feb 1999 Wimbledon v Tottenham Hotspur W 0-1 Worthington Cup

Chelsea have Sun-Tue instead of Spurs. Mourinho said he'll play the U21s (although I'll believe that when I see it, obviously).

THFC/Hull match on the Wednesday

Very surprised by that, was certain it would be us again.

Also means Arsenal get the benefit of an extra days rest before they play Chelsea

Let's hope so for Hudd's sake. If his barnet gets any longer he'll be more hair than man.

If we're 4 or 5 up, I wouldn't mind Hudd hitting a 30 yarder consolation as a parting gesture.

Livermore won't be allowed to play I guess.

Draw made

West Ham at home in the quarterfinal

LEAGUE CUP QUARTER-FINAL DRAW

Leicester v Emirates Marketing Project

Stoke v Manchester United

Sunderland/Southampton v Chelsea

Tottenham v West Ham

Draw made

West Ham at home in the quarterfinal

LEAGUE CUP QUARTER-FINAL DRAW

Leicester v Emirates Marketing Project

Stoke v Manchester United

Sunderland/Southampton v Chelsea

Tottenham v West Ham

will be tasty

looks like a possible Man U, Emirates Marketing Project, Chels and Spurs semi final line up:eek:

There will be a shock in there, hope its Saints/Chelsea, I think Southampton could have the beating of Chelsea in the cup. I also think Stoke can cause a problem or two as well. Will certainly be interesting.

Back