• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Capital One Cup Draw - 5th round: West Ham (H)

Re: Capital One Cup 3rd Round Draw: Aston Villa (away)

Difficult draw for Spurs at Villa.

It will all depend on how seriously AVB takes the competition, although even Tottenham's second XI should give Villa a decent game.

Not a great draw. Probably one of the toughest teams out of those likely to take this tournament very seriously at this point, and away.

I think we would be better off against a truly top team that would also send out a reserve studded side.

Arsenal fans travelling up to WBA, Spurs fans up to Villa Park. Cant see both these ties being on the same night and as it looks like we will be playing Cardiff away the Sunday before, I would think we should be playing Villa on the Weds night?

Arsenal fans travelling up to WBA, Spurs fans up to Villa Park. Cant see both these ties being on the same night and as it looks like we will be playing Cardiff away the Sunday before, I would think we should be playing Villa on the Weds night?

Arsenal - Stoke already scheduled for Sunday 22 September. Chelsea game is early Saturday kick off. This is going to be **** for someone, somehow.

Arsenal - Stoke already scheduled for Sunday 22 September. Chelsea game is early Saturday kick off. This is going to be **** for someone, somehow.
Guess who that will be.

Police have moved City-Wigan to Tuesday, with United-Liverpool on Wednesday. This gives City only 48 hours to recover from the Manchester derby played on the Sunday.

i think we have better depth and quality this season to cope

Villa v Tottenham third round cup date confirmed

The date for Villa's home clash with Tottenham in the third round of the Capital One Cup has now been confirmed.

The game will be played on Tuesday September 24 at Villa Park.

The match will have a 7.45 pm kick-off.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3447039,00.html

This is somewhat odd, because we play Tromsø on Thursday september 19 and then travel to Cardiff at the weekend.

So this means 3 games in 5 days - thought there was a rule that you were allowed 3 days between games

Blessing in disguise as it will deter Andre, GHod bless him, from playing too strong a side in the cup game. I get the impression he'd put the first team out every game if he had the choice (which is a positive in a mentality sense, but maybe not the wisest.)

Villa v Tottenham third round cup date confirmed

The date for Villa's home clash with Tottenham in the third round of the Capital One Cup has now been confirmed.

The game will be played on Tuesday September 24 at Villa Park.

The match will have a 7.45 pm kick-off.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3447039,00.html

This is somewhat odd, because we play Tromsø on Thursday september 19 and then travel to Cardiff at the weekend.

So this means 3 games in 5 days - thought there was a rule that you were allowed 3 days between games

Oh what a surprise. Spurs and Arsenal both on Sunday, but one of us had to play on the Tuesday night to avoid clashing. I think we all knew who would end up playing twice in 3 days and who wouldnt. Sooooooooooo obvious

Re: Capital One Cup Draw - 3rd Round: Aston Villa (away)

Spurs
Burnley
Hull
Leicester
Emirates Marketing Project
Southampton
Sunderland
Chelsea
Norwich
West Ham
Fulham
Manchester United/Liverpool
Birmingham/Swansea
Saudi Sportswashing Machine/Leeds United
Tranmere Rovers/Stoke
West Bromwich/Arsenal

The draw for the fourth round will be held on Wednesday after the Manchester United v Liverpool tie.

It will either be City, Arsenal, Chelsea or United away.

Southampton would be a proper test. They're very, very good against the better sides because of their organization and pressing (no surprise they match up so well against Liverpool), so style-wise I think AVB vs Pochettino would be fascinating. They've gotten in some good players too, some of whom were linked with us.

Our fixtures:

Sun 20 Oct Aston Villa (A)
Thu 24 Oct Sheriff (A)
Sun 27 Oct Hull (H)
Tue 29/Wed 30 Oct COC 4th round
Sun 3 Nov Everton (A)
Thu 7 Nov Sheriff (H)
Sun 10 Nov Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H)

hoping to meet Leeds, hear they're getting their act together

It will either be City, Arsenal, Chelsea or United away.

You just know, its not a case of who will we draw its more a case of, Who will be drawn away to?

My prediction is Fulham away

Back