• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

It would also leave Levy open to direct criticism himself. He gave AVB a lot more backing than any previous manager he's had; even got him Baldini. If he sacked him now (whilst it would be understandable considering the turgid and now rudderless football) where would that leave him? If he backed him so much before he may as well back him now, when they are no clear managerial alternatives: Hoddle? Capello? Don't make me laugh.

Another way of seeing it is the longer he has AVB there to take flak, the longer the flak doesn't come his way (e.g. why did you sack Harry? why didn't you buy a striker in Jan, e.g. Negerdo? Why did you not dig your heels in over Bale like you did over Modric? etc etc)

A DoF is in theory meant to reduce the churn of players when a manager does. I dont see the fact that Badlini came in changes things

I feel that Avb should go tonight-there's no way i feel he can turn this situation around-he's prime objective for me when he came was to build upon the foundations that Redknapp set in stone. What Redknapp developed was a group of players that played well as a team-it may not of have been textbook or fancy but the players we're given simple instructions to play to which i think Avb/levy and us fans have overlooked-i really think his coarse voice and apparent theoretical knowledge of the game has hoodwinked many of us into believing he's some anointed-messiah but the truth of the matter is he's a 35 year old male who's practically had no hands on experience playing the game and is repeatedly making the same mistakes week in week out-whilst he may be a good technician he's definitely not a sound motivator/leader. Embedded within theory is application without that the theory can be rendered as useless, i don't feel the players understand what he's ideas and concepts are as within themselves as they may be non-translatable to them-it's glaringly obvious that they don't have a clue what to do in attacking/defensive transition and it was like that last season we we're just lucky that bale papered over the cracks.

Really? What would the West Ham game prove? Fine, if we lost he would be even closer to being sacked. However say we scraped a 1-0 draw with the ball going in off Nolan's fat ****? Does that prove anything? Even if they scored 3 own goals and we won 3-0. The WEst Ham game is unlikely to prove anything

It might might prove whether he can raise players from ground zero. After all we got spanked 3-0by them last time out at the same ground. If (yes a big if) we beat West Ham playing the kind of football we stared to see in the previous to games it might give him a stay of execution. Which will be short as we are away to Southampton after that and that could REALLY be curtains. Today could be the lowest point and Levy might MIGHT think AVB can turn it around from here

A DoF is in theory meant to reduce the churn of players when a manager does. I dont see the fact that Badlini came in changes things

Well can you name a manager that could work with Baldini and this currents set of players right now (please DON'T mention Capello...)

Daily Nazi: AVB survives meeting with Levy and Baldini

From Duncan Castles an hour ago

Andre Villas-Boas' future at Tottenham. #THFC #CFC #POR
According to a friend of Villas-Boas, the Tottenham coach is due to meet the club's board either tonight or tomorrow morning. If Tottenham decide to dismiss Villas-Boas following today's 5-0 loss to Liverpool the clubs is obliged to ensure that he is paid his net €3million salary until the summer of 2015

Pointless, he's a dead man walking. The players know it and the rot will well and truly set im

According to a friend of Villas-Boas, the Tottenham coach is due to meet the club's board either tonight or tomorrow morning. If Tottenham decide to dismiss Villas-Boas following today's 5-0 loss to Liverpool the clubs is obliged to ensure that he is paid his net €3million salary until the summer of 2015

It finished and he's ok is the latest story.

Which is why it won't happen.

Like I said AVB will have christmas and new years, there are a number of games and a fair few points to be won. The problem is it will mask the issues if we win a few and lose a few.

Pointless, he's a dead man walking. The players know it and the rot will well and truly set im

The game at man C showed that the players no longer supported him - they couldnt be bothered. He needs to go

Sacking AVB now is pointless. We wont get a proper permanent manager in until the summer anyway - might as well give him the full season to see if there is improvement before making that decision. We wont get relegated, and frankly I dont think we are good enough for top four anyway. Im as unhappy as anyone with how we are playing, but I would be very disappointed to see AVB go now.

Sacking AVB now is pointless. We wont get a proper permanent manager in until the summer anyway - might as well give him the full season to see if there is improvement before making that decision. We wont get relegated, and frankly I dont think we are good enough for top four anyway. Im as unhappy as anyone with how we are playing, but I would be very disappointed to see AVB go now.

Dont agree with any 'might as well give him the season'. The booing was very loud today and would be deafening by the end of the season, thats assuming people carried on going. the discipline and application of the squad would peter away......we need to act now

Dont agree with any 'might as well give him the season'. The booing was very loud today and would be deafening by the end of the season, thats assuming people carried on going. the discipline and application of the squad would peter away......we need to act now

That's a fair view tbh - but who would we get in to manage the team?

Get a new manager in while there is still a chance of finishing in top 4. Just because fans on a football forum can't think of an alternative does not mean there isn't one. I have no sympathy for AVB been given an opportunity to manage a truly great club, then showered with more money than any of his predecessors yet produced a team that struggles to muster any notable goal scoring opportunity. It's laughable this man is paid 3m a year. AVB ranks as Levy's greatest mistake for me and I love Levy.

Back