• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

Have you never encountered Levy before. He sacked Redknapp after finishing 5th! He didnt give Jol or Ramos the full season? Why would he do so with AVB?

Because the well of bright young managers ready to take on the challenge out club represents has dried up, as has the well of experienced fellas who are willing to come in and whip the club into shape. The only serious candidates appear to be Hoddle, Capello and Tim Sherwood.

I think football in general, or at least our club is realising that sacking the manager doesn't always improve things. The grass isn't always greener, most managers around now have a question mark around them because success is as much about having the right situation as it is about talent.

That Lambert comment is spot on imo....in fact i was actually thinking about him being our manager 10 or so minutes ago. He's a Arry type motivator but without the media bull****. I'm a big fan of Lambert actually.

[video=youtube;ldpqZJ1eMdU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldpqZJ1eMdU[/video]

[video=youtube;O5m0PgqVk7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5m0PgqVk7k[/video]

One hell of a sensr of humour.

I just cannot bring myself anywhere near watching them.

In my opinion mate we will regret not getting rid. We have a great squad certainly as good bar Suarez as that shower of ****e that humiliated us today. We need someone who can get the best out of them and there is still a chance of top 4 with this squad imo. I think AVB will go soon as Levy will know this.

You do yourselves no favours with that comment. How often have 'showers of ****e' been second in the league and two points off top spot??? The arrogance of some on here towards Liverpool just boggles the mind.

Re: @ BrainOfLevy and GutterBoy

I think we are all "scratching our head" after that one.
But I do think that AVB's inexperience told against him. Pellegrini is in his what - 60s?
Why on earth should the players still respect AVB when the team performs so so badly?

And none of us saw it coming............

That Lambert comment is spot on imo....in fact i was actually thinking about him being our manager 10 or so minutes ago. He's a Arry type motivator but without the media bull****. aI'm a big fan of Lambert actually.

Good manager. I admire what he's trying to do at Villa.

I kind of think we missed the boat when it comes to getting a new manager in, not that I think AVB is/was a bad choice but we made our bed and we should lie in it.

A couple of years back there was Rodgers and Martinez getting clear over-performance from teams in this league, Paul Lambert doing excellently with Norwich and AVB was making waves with Porto. Now there isn't anyone pulling up the trees to such an extent that we should snap them up...Potchettino maybe but if there was a vacancy now it would be too soon for him at us I reckon.

We have AVB, he has some talent. I think the players like him and a lot of management is being in the right situation at the right time, combined with talent. Rodgers wasn't great with Watford and Reading but Swansea was a good home for him.

We have done what we can to make Spurs a good home for AVB and I think we need to be brave and see it through. There really is no one else.

But if we are going to sack him, I think Paul Lambert would be a smart choice. What he did with Norwich was absolutely outstanding, and I don't think Villa is conducive to anyone showing what they are really capable of. I think he would be a smart pick up because maybe we need someone that has generated some sort of success in this league. Whether he would work with Baldini is another matter though.

...yeah I still back AVB.

If Levy wants the fans back he should steer well clear of Lambert. Villa are pathetic at home and their fans are more than fed up with hearing lame excuses after every defeat.

Trail for MoTD2 @ 22:03 says prog will discuss another manager's sacking.

That Lambert comment is spot on imo....in fact i was actually thinking about him being our manager 10 or so minutes ago. He's a Arry type motivator but without the media bull****. I'm a big fan of Lambert actually.

I think the job he did at Norwich was absolutely spectacular...such an achievement to do what he did there.

At Villa he hasn't really been the same. At Norwich his USP seemed to be about major tactical flexibility, changing formations completely
within a game to exploit space and confuse the opposition. At Villa he is much more rigid in that sense and sticks to one way, and we hasn't generated the same level of over performance. I'm not sure why he's gone about it that way but perhaps he's trying to show he's a top club manager that can build a system and all that tactical flexibility can only be done midtable when you're a surprise package and don't have to play against bus parking sides every week..:i dunno, it hasn't really worked at Villa but he was huge at Norwich.

People want to sack AVB but then hire Lambert????
What with all the spanking HE has overseen??
With the way HE chose not to play experienced players like Bent, Dunne and Ireland?
You honestly think he can manage this squad?

Post that suggestion to AVB; he'd probably resign himself hearing it.

Wow

I think the job he did at Norwich was absolutely spectacular...such an achievement to do what he did there.

At Villa he hasn't really been the same. At Norwich his USP seemed to be about major tactical flexibility, changing formations completely
within a game to exploit space and confuse the opposition. At Villa he is much more rigid in that sense and sticks to one way, and we hasn't generated the same level of over performance. I'm not sure why he's gone about it that way but perhaps he's trying to show he's a top club manager that can build a system and all that tactical flexibility can only be done midtable when you're a surprise package and don't have to play against bus parking sides every week..:i dunno, it hasn't really worked at Villa but he was huge at Norwich.

I think he had drained all he could from that Norwich squad and moved on to a slightly better rebuilding project.

If Levy wants the fans back he should steer well clear of Lambert. Villa are pathetic at home and their fans are more than fed up with hearing lame excuses after every defeat.

Lambert could have easily signed a bunch of has beens or decent (older) players that could have got Villa mid table and nothing would have been said...but he took a gamble with lower league youngsters in order for Villa as a club to grow..even when he's not there. He thought less of himself and more for the club which is very rare in this profession. The gamble hasn't really paid off but a few years of struggle whilst the kids are getting used to the league followed by the potential of some very successful years when they are in their prime was more appealing then years and years and years of mediocracy with no growth.

The actual change can make us worse....remember Pleat??? We are not THAT bad yet...

Perhaps it's just clear that Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool are better than us right now? If we lost limply like we did to a team like West Ham again then fair enough, but this thing about players not understanding what they are doing makes the performances at Sunderland and against Anzhi seem like they never happened. Even the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game had it's positives

ive had that impression from the players all season though
Anzhi - the pressure was off and they are a poor team
Sunderland - with the exception of a good 30mins, i thought we were lucky and that game could have easily gone the other way

He has gotta go. Simple as that. He ain't got a f@cking clue.

Change the LB?

People want to sack AVB but then hire Lambert????
What with all the spanking HE has overseen??
With the way HE chose not to play experienced players like Bent, Dunne and Ireland?
You honestly think he can manage this squad?

Post that suggestion to AVB; he'd probably resign himself hearing it.

Wow

not playing Bent is always the right thing to do

Back