• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

Listen mate I genuinely think he has made a mistake here not just for Spurs who will become a laughing stock but also for himself and his reputation. Best way to deal with the press? shut up and win games

Not really. The culture exposed by Leveson shows that there's no integrity or objectivity.

Better to divide and rule than pathetically try and appease - and AVB's already made his alliances with the intellectual broadsheet writers.

Thanks for that but I believe I had a similar discussion about Sugar and that someone said he still holds a sizeable stake in Spurs. I would not swear to that in a court of law, though and you could well be right in asserting he no longer has a financial interest in Spurs.

Not really. The culture exposed by Leveson shows that there's no integrity or objectivity.

Better to divide and rule that appease - and AVB's already made his alliances with the intellectual broadsheet writers.

Not appeasing mate just not giving them anything negative to write about.

Everything is theory for you. In the real world people plot, people get other people to sack people they are scared to sack themselves and media savvy people use the media for their advantage.

So your argument is that Lewis, our majority share holder, is plotting against AVB. But he's doing so through Sugar who doesn't own any shares in the club, instead of talking to our chairman who he's had a direct working relationship with for over a decade now?

I give up...

Everything is theory for you. In the real world people plot, people get other people to sack people they are scared to sack themselves and media savvy people use the media for their advantage.

so what you are saying with regards to Lewis using Sugar as a mouthpiece is fact then?

If not, how would you describe it?

so what you are saying with regards to Lewis using Sugar as a mouthpiece is fact then?

If not, how would you describe it?

This is not a court of law. It is a discussion sight where people give their opinions on the topics of the day.

This is not a court of law. It is a discussion sight where people give their opinions on the topics of the day.

so why pick braineclipse up for posting his opinion in the first place?

:~

Not appeasing mate just not giving them anything negative to write about.

As long as Spurs are playing football, we will suffer bad results and dips in form from time to time. The press will therefore always have that to write about. And as long as we play well, the press will lay off for that period. We can't change that either way.

Tonight isn't going to do anything bar make a few journos a lot more sheepish. They will get defensive. You can see in the last year a lot of articles came out saying 'we don't back Harry because he's our mate!'. What AVB did today will not increase the 'pressure' one bit, because they've already given him the worst of it this week. It was personal and it was targeted, and they've been slapped down because of it. If they do it again they will get slapped down again. All that matters is AVB has the respect of the players, and he does.

Thanks for that but I believe I had a similar discussion about Sugar and that someone said he still holds a sizeable stake in Spurs. I would not swear to that in a court of law, though and you could well be right in asserting he no longer has a financial interest in Spurs.

While the club was a PLC, the shareholders had to be publicly named in Companies House returns etc. Just before the club went private, IIRC the only two other major shareholders (who owed about 2% each) were Philip Green and Michael Ashcroft. Now ENIC own about 98% and 2% are minor fans shares. And ENIC is owned 75% by Lewis and 25% by Levy.

Sugar definitely has no shares in the club, beyond maybe a few £100 that don't register that he might have kept for sentimental reasons.

By bringing in Fergie to a discussion about AVB and the press to make your argument stronger- I would say that is comparing the 2 in terms of their handling of the press.

I have already explained which part of your post I argued against with my example, if that wasn't clear enough I'm not sure how to clarify further.

So your argument is that Lewis, our majority share holder, is plotting against AVB. But he's doing so through Sugar who doesn't own any shares in the club, instead of talking to our chairman who he's had a direct working relationship with for over a decade now?

I give up.

Hallelujah!!

While the club was a PLC, the shareholders had to be publicly named in Companies House returns etc. Just before the club went private, IIRC the only two other major shareholders (who owed about 2% each) were Philip Green and Michael Ashcroft. Now ENIC own about 98% and 2% are minor fans shares. And ENIC is owned 75% by Lewis and 25% by Levy.

Sugar definitely has no shares in the club, beyond maybe a few £100 that don't register that he might have kept for sentimental reasons.

LOL.

OK, I will bow down to you on that.

But I still think the AVB stuff he is coming out with is not upsetting Lewis.

I have already explained which part of your post I argued against with my example, if that wasn't clear enough I'm not sure how to clarify further.

For a such a good poster you can be a real condescending cnut. Sometimes you don't need to argue more or "clarify further." Never mind.

Moyes lost 4-0 in a derby and didn't get what AVB had. He's also played some boring football this year, scraped past Crystal Palace at home thanks to a dive, lost to West Brom at home and conceded a last minute goal to Southampton. Some low level sniping about how he hasn't won a trophy but nothing to the personal extent that AVB has received.

I don't think it's because they support other clubs and are out to get us, I think they have a personal dislike for the man because they don't understand his methods and they don't understand why he is highly rated within the game because they don't understand football. They also seriously mid-judge the national mood when they attack him because it usually ends with a load of fans laughing at their incompetence after AVB has schooled them in public.

I've just admitted he gets it worse than Moyes and Pelligrini. Don't know what else I can add to that. Perhaps they are just not as enamoured with the Portugese league as some on here are and feel he still has something to prove in England. And I don't for one second buy that it's because he is an intellectual.

I've just admitted he gets it worse than Moyes and Pelligrini. Don't know what else I can add to that. Perhaps they are just not as enamoured with the Portugese league as some on here are and feel he still has something to prove in England. And I don't for one second buy that it's because he is an intellectual.

I don't get this intellectual thing with AVB - why because he is the quiet brooding type? What is the point of being a football intellectual when the tools you are dealing with have the average IQ of a jelly bean? Wenger, also a deep thinker has a masters degree and is widely recognised as Le Professeur yet his players seem to get his system far more easily than AVB's players do.

You would argue his players have been schooled in his style of football. Wheelchair and Ramsey have both come through the ranks as has Gibbs, Cazorla and Ozil have played similar styles in other countries. Our lads have all come from different clubs and different styles

Back