• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

I think it's incredibly clever from AVB

Get the majority of fans back in board - check
Get other press backing you against some macarons - check
Highlight that other teams aren't doing as well as the press may have you believe - check
Take a lot of pressure off the players and onto him - check

The last bug is key IMO and is pure Mourinho!!!! He has highlighted that the club is we but your talking about me so talk to me alone. Great management IMO and who gives a **** now what the press say. He needs our support as manager and should be given it

I didn't, did I?

He was saying my opinion was worthless. I disagree.

Might I trouble you even at this late part of the evening for a quote of me saying that? It does kinda sound like me, I have it on good authority that I can be a bit of a condescending ****. I can't remember saying that about your opinions on this topic though.

That must be the hundreth time you have asked me or others "How do you know what Joe Bloggs is thinking?"

Perhaps this stems from yourself or others posting something that makes it seem like you know what Joe Bloggs is thinking?

If you're tired of the question it might be an idea to stop posting stuff that makes it seem like you know what Joe Bloggs is thinking... Just a thought. Although I do get that if it gets repetitive it can get a bit tiring, as a suggestion to milo seeing as he's a mod perhaps the next time he can just edit your post and insert [citation needed] brackets at fitting points for variation.

If people can't grasp the concept that people say what they think or get annoyed or upset by what people think then I don't know what they are doing on a discussion site.

To just gainsay or condescend is worthless IMO.

The sooner we get a few wins going, the sooner we can do without some of the negativity on this (and doubtless other) MBs. Some tosser on 606 saying AVB was useless. Of course a thrashing like we got last week made a few of us wobble in our confidence, (I wondered if it was the start of a horrendous slide) but the team seem to believe in themselves, so I think we should believe in them too.

The sooner we get a few wins going, the sooner we can do without some of the negativity on this (and doubtless other) MBs. Some tosser on 606 saying AVB was useless. Of course a thrashing like we got last week made a few of us wobble in our confidence, (I wondered if it was the start of a horrendous slide) but the team seem to believe in themselves, so I think we should believe in them too.

A much needed win will suddenly solve a lot of issues people have right now. Keep the faith.

Perhaps this stems from yourself or others posting something that makes it seem like you know what Joe Bloggs is thinking?

If you're tired of the question it might be an idea to stop posting stuff that makes it seem like you know what Joe Bloggs is thinking... Just a thought. Although I do get that if it gets repetitive it can get a bit tiring, as a suggestion to milo seeing as he's a mod perhaps the next time he can just edit your post and insert [citation needed] brackets at fitting points for variation.
:lol:

Just wondering...All these fans that want AVB out, were any of you predicting title/Top 4 this season? I mean, if it was a case of Bale bailing us out last season, and we all supposedly knew it, then where did all the lofty predictions come from? If you were thinking Top 4 this season, which is hard to do, then surely you must have rated AVB quite highly. How in the world were we ever going to win title/Top 4 this season, with a host of new/young players too, with a crap manager?

Last edited:

Come on man. There's clearly more to this story than that. Sugar knows business but he doesn't get football - and yet he's been very happy to be in the press this week ****ging off our manager on footballing grounds. He's been shown up and deservedly so.

This.
Sugar is an arsehole and a troll. He needs to shut the **** up.

Sugar has spent years and years trying to prove to the Spurs supporters that he's a real 'fan'…what ********! He was behind some of the darkest years I have ever witnessed. Him. And all because he was the first one over the line to jump on the opportunity that was saving Spurs. As if he cared. He found the perfect vehicle to wriggle him and his ****ty Amstrad products into the market, and then (of course) the dishes.

No-one's public words have done this club more harm than Sugar's over the years. If anyone doubts it, I'll happily spend a couple of weeks putting some together. As for his macaronic comment about Fergie, one of the things Fergie told me back in 1994 when we spent an afternoon with him having a few pints and talking football, was just how much hated hated Alan Sugar!!!!

Lol its pretty funny that the **** up in a Guardian article that time has now made it on to wikipedia. They're not related in any way bar being Jewish.

Hang on isnt AVB accusing Sugar of what Levy and Lewis are intending to do with Spurs in future? SELL? Buy and Sell - how else do you make money.

Hang on isnt AVB accusing Sugar of what Levy and Lewis are intending to do with Spurs in future? SELL? Buy and Sell - how else do you make money.

I think his point is more that Sugar is still a high stakeholder in the club and football circles still associate him with us. He's a powerful figure who is supposed to support the club so publicly lambasting the manager isn't particularly helpful.

If it was just a famous person who wasn't connected to the club then I don't think AVB would have an issue with it. I think his point about Sugar is more a metaphorical way of saying he's not a true Spurs fan than it is having a go at him (or anyone) for selling the club.

I think his point is more that Sugar is still a high stakeholder in the club and football circles still associate him with us. He's a powerful figure who is supposed to support the club so publicly lambasting the manager isn't particularly helpful.

If it was just a famous person who wasn't connected to the club then I don't think AVB would have an issue with it. I think his point about Sugar is more a metaphorical way of saying he's not a true Spurs fan than it is having a go at him (or anyone) for selling the club.

Well whilst I agree to a certain extent with AVB, surely Sugar can say what he wants? He is a powerful figure but that doesnt mean he is not allowed to express his views and concerns - although Sugar does seem to have a big mouth at times - an outspoken guy. Does Sugar work for the club still? (I dont know if he does indirectly or not)

I think his point is more that Sugar is still a high stakeholder in the club and football circles still associate him with us.

He's not

He's a powerful figure who is supposed to support the club so publicly lambasting the manager isn't particularly helpful.

Again he's not. Just an idiot on twitter with a silly gameshow on Telly. If he still had any power AVB wouldn't be addressing him like this.

Yep AVB is having a go because Sugar had his chance and ****ed up and should now keep his nose out. "He traded his support for money"

Returning a profit from a business but Sugar never did that.
He bought low and sold high in an property boom.

Why any human being on earth would take Alan Sugar's opinion seriously is beyond my comprehension. This is a man who publicly admits to being friends with Piers Morgan

Back