• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

There's no trophy or CL places handed until 38 games have been played. What position you're in is irrelevant until then.

points are meaningless as we saw last season position in the league is everything. I am uncomfortable writing that but that's the situation with football.

At this stage of the season it is position, not points, which is meaningless

how well you do in relation to other teams in the league. Points on their own don't give you anything.

Which is why, at this stage, the number of points separating us from the teams above us matters, not which position we're in.

At this stage of the season it is position, not points, which is meaningless
Agreed. But we are talking about AVB feeling pressure psychologically he can't be enjoying the league position as that is what most of his detractors will be hitting him with.

Agreed. But we are talking about AVB feeling pressure psychologically he can't be enjoying the league position as that is what most of his detractors will be hitting him with.

I dunno, i think if it was just league position which he was recieving critisizm for then it wouldn't be an issue for him - as long as we're close to the top positions in terms of points then it's no big deal, which im sure he would know.

how well you do in relation to other teams in the league. Points on their own don't give you anything.

So what are those things called that they award you for doing well against the other teams in the league?

AVB described Lamela's exclusion yesterday as a "technical decision" .. hmmm. Is that fancy talk for "he was dropped?"

so Lamela wasnt injured??

wtf is going on

So what are those things called that they award you for doing well against the other teams in the league?

Yeah but there will still be people come May who trott this line out if we "only finish 3 points off 4th" but finish 6th. And those CL places who given out to teams who finish in the top 4, not teams who set record points totals. Give me 4th and 65 points any day over another record points total.

Yeah but there will still be people come May who trott this line out if we "only finish 3 points off 4th" but finish 6th. And those CL places who given out to teams who finish in the top 4, not teams who set record points totals. Give me 4th and 65 points any day over another record points total.

does this topic ever come up without you saying that same thing? :lol:

getting a record points total is a positive to take from a season, no more - i think every single person who talks it up as such wouldn't hesitate to exchange it for 4th place. i don't know why it irks you so much

I think AVB should have said LaMela is playing well enough to be in the team, that Adebayor has not shown the commitment we expect and that Defoe is going backwards. That's THE WAY TO BUILD TEAM SPIRT. Bring back Harry for the car window interviews and cosy meetings with his mates.

does this topic ever come up without you saying that same thing? :lol:

getting a record points total is a positive to take from a season, no more - i think every single person who talks it up as such wouldn't hesitate to exchange it for 4th place. i don't know why it irks you so much

You could ask the same question to BOL, Scara, Jordinho but you don't for some reason. The points total is brought up on a daily basis. Of course it's a positive but it's the standings that MATTER THE MOST. Sorry if this bothers you.

why? Avb is his own man he said nothing about the club it was all about him.

Because part of the job of a press officer is to prepare for interviews/press conference, brief on likely questions and agree lines. If he had gone off at one in response to a question then I would say that it was possible that he had done this off the cuff but what AVB said was delivered in a very careful and considered manner and you can hear our press officer supporting him on the film. Like with the criticism of our home fans earlier in the season, I believe that this was a deliberate move that was done with the prior knowledge of the club hierarchy and the press office.

You could ask the same question to BOL, Scara, Jordinho but you don't for some reason. The points total is brought up on a daily basis. Of course it's a positive but it's the standings that MATTER THE MOST. Sorry if this bothers you.

steady on bro it was only a light hearted question.

I brought up points because the discussion was 'I'm sure the club didn't expect to be in 9th' and my point was that if they really did expect to be no less than 3 points from 4th at any then point over the season, then they are foolish macarons. Thankfully, they're not.

Of course, I too an very happy to finish 4th on less points that we got last year. But when there are still 72 points to play for this season I think it's a bit ridiculous to be making any judgement on what our league placing is, especially when the gap to 4th is relatively easy to make up.

Back