• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Africa Cup of Nations - 2013

fudge. Ade scores. taco

I don't know if you are being ironic or not but I bet there are many on this site who think that. There are more posts above criticising the guy after he has just scored.
And the same old faces.

I don't know if you are being ironic or not but I bet there are many on this site who think that. There are more posts above criticising the guy after he has just scored.
And the same old faces.

And it couldn't possibly be that they'd rather see him play for Spurs than stay out there for another couple of weeks?

If the Ade of last season returns then it will be like a new signing. Get behind the lad.

Agreed.

Hope a goal yesterday did him well. Might watch the final game in that group, might be a good game with almost a straight play off to go though (although Togo qualify with a draw of course) - those games where one team will have to go for it regardless of what the score is can be good.

Just noticed Adebayor had scored for Togo in the ACN. And it looks like Togo could progress to the quarter finals. It is not a ideal situation for us especially if Defoe gets injured and we don't sign any new strikers.

Just noticed Adebayor had scored for Togo in the ACN. And it looks like Togo could progress to the quarter finals. It is not a ideal situation for us especially if Defoe gets injured and we don't sign any new strikers.

I think Defoe might already be injured, but we'll know more later today.

I think the media has not given much coverage to our injury problems this season. We have done really well despite the injuries to our key players at some stage of the season so far. But if Defoe did get the injury as the rumours say, we will then have no choice but to sign a new striker.

I think we as fans could see this coming a mile off the moment we knew Ade was off to the ACON. I cant believe once again our management has 'gambled' on him or Dempsey not getting injured in these few weeks.
I hope its only a minor niggle, especially with us having 3 games in the next 8 days, or the possibility of 5 in 14 days if there is a Cup replay.
Surely Obika or Ceballos has to make the bench today?

It's ideal if it means he regains confidence.

Go without Ade for a game or two, and have him come back and play well?

Or have him back at the end of the group stages in the same form as before he went?

Edit: Of course the third option is that he stays at the ACN and then comes back playing badly, but in that case it's not like we'll feel we've missed him..

Last edited:
Togo 1 Tunesia 0

Adebayor gets a decent assist playing it through the back line.

Edit: Was just offside. Fortunately not noticed by linesman.

Tunesia playing a suicidal game.

Ade with a decent opportunity.

This pitch is more sand than grass :-k

Back