• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Africa Cup of Nations - 2013

Naija, AS; I'll be honest here; as much as I'm very proud and very happy with today's cup win, it pales to how i would have felt if one of the following had happened:

- Nigeria had held on a few minutes more against Italy in USA 1994
- Had beaten Denmark just to play Brazil in the quarters in 1998 (even if we'd got tonked in that one eventually)
- Gyan had not missed that last minute penalty against Uruguay :-#

<<Runs for cover taking last plate of Suya with him..>>

Naija, AS; I'll be honest here; as much as I'm very proud and very happy with today's cup win, it pales to how i would have felt if one of the following had happened:

- Had beaten Denmark just to play Brazil in the quarters in 1998 (even if we'd got tonked in that one eventually)

Ah yes against Italy in 1994, I remember it well, arguably, no definitely, the most painful defeat in my Naija/Tottenham supporting life. We just needed to hold out a for a few minutes more.

The problem about Denmark in 1998 is we had all counted our chickens before they hatched and we just assumed we would beat Denmark

like you I was also gutted for Ghana in 2010 because they were representing the whole of Africa

Yeah well done Nigeria and hope you guys get wasted tonight

always thought Nigeria would be the first african team to win the world cup i would like that as long as sign some of the youngster first.

I still remember European and South American teams getting scared of facing African teams. But times have changed since then. African teams like Nigeria have all the skills and hard work to win World Cup. But they will always be let down by indiscipline and ego problems.

Just curious, what does "eze" means ? Is it a kind of symbol or something for Nigerians ?

Sorry, just seen your question.

Eze is the Igbo word for 'King' or 'Chieftan'.

Igbo is the third largest languag spoken in Nigeria after Hausa and Yoruba. Examples of Igbo football players include: JJ Okocha, Sunday Oliseh, Ntosswo Kanu and Victor Obinna.

you could be me.

agree with all that

you even eat suya

how could we not have known all this about you. shocking stuff from us. sigh

Back