• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Africa Cup of Nations - 2013

ArcspacE

Banned
Kicks off this Saturday

Will probably go and catch 2-3 games live in the latter stages

Saw Niger training yesterday briefly, few teams are in town apparently. Games seem scheduled per groups/cities

Personally I think Ivory Coast are long due a win and would finally clinch it - best team on paper (as most other instances!). Also watch out for Mali (underdogs for me). Not sure if Zambia would manage to replicate their form from last year while SA is just shambles, imho.

At least add some pictures

740722_413667618720774_102379390_o.jpg

740362_413667522054117_410152010_o.jpg

191924_413667755387427_2001459966_o.jpg

English-based players at the ACON Finals:

Gervinho Côte d'Ivoire Arsenal
Karim El Ahmadi Morocco Aston Villa
Albert Adomah Ghana Bristol City
Mikel John Obi Nigeria Chelsea
Victor Moses Nigeria Chelsea
Kagisho Dikgacoi South Africa Crystal Palace
Oussama Assaidi Morocco Liverpool
Kolo Touré Côte d'Ivoire Emirates Marketing Project
Abdul Razak Côte d'Ivoire Emirates Marketing Project
Yaya Touré Côte d'Ivoire Emirates Marketing Project
Cheick Tioté Côte d'Ivoire Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Adlène Guedioura Algeria Nottingham Forest
Dean Furman South Africa Oldham Athletic
Gabriel Zakuani DR Congo Peterborough United
Samba Diakité Mali Queens Park Rangers
Emmanuel Mayuka Zambia Southampton
Emmanuel Adebayor Togo Tottenham Hotspur
Youssouf Mulumbu DR Congo West Bromwich Albion
Modibo Maïga Mali West Ham United
Arouna Koné Côte d'Ivoire Wigan Athletic

Africa Cup of Nations Finals 2013 South Africa

Don't know why they bother with this tournament to be honest. I mean, once every 2 years, and now whenever the hell they bloody feel like it. No consideration for the major important european leagues, whilst many top nations lose their players for some insignificant tournament...

I'm joking!!! (I bet Naija is gonna fly off the handle.)

One day Kenya will qualify then I can support them!

I am looking forward to the Indomitable Badgers v the Fergunculated Pigheaded Dogmen personally.

Spurs v Utd.

To be fair to requests for photos from Arcy, he's a damn fine photographer and I'd expect he'll take some corkers! Looking forward to them...

If it was down to pur talent Nigeria would always BATTER Ghana!! ;)

BUUUUUTTTT Ghana always seem to be slightly less prone to flashiness and these days are more likely to forge stable TEAMS with less egos (though every team has those).

The Ghana team of 2010 was for me the best African TEAM i had seen at a world cup; individually most of them weren't much more than average but they sure were made to be much much greater than the sum of theor parts. They played most games extremely well tactically, including against Uruguay when I thought they were excellent.

I expect them to go further than Nigeria, sadly...

Don't know why they bother with this tournament to be honest. I mean, once every 2 years, and now whenever the hell they bloody feel like it. No consideration for the major important european leagues, whilst many top nations lose their players for some insignificant tournament...

I'm joking!!! (I bet Naija is gonna fly off the handle.)

One day Kenya will qualify then I can support them!

Good man. However, i think you may have to wait a LONG time.

ACN without Egypt is like World Cup without Brazil or Euro without Germany. Egypt are the most successfull team in ACN with 7 trophies. Can't believe they have failed to qualify this time as they tend to up their performance for ACN.

Back