• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Africa Cup of Nations - 2013

Ade has got to be on a flight home today the latest. Should give him plenty of time to get ready for Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
Not much of a time difference/jet lag to speak of between South Africa and UK, so he should be fine after a day or two.

Nearly all flights are overnight to and from SA so he will be safely asleep in 1st class, no worries there

As far as im concerned, Defoe being out is a blessing in disguise.

Ade needs to feel like he is THE MAN. And he wont feel like that if he has Defoe breathing down his neck.

Defoe offers 2 things to us. Goals and fudge all. And it is clear which one he is offering us at the moment. Whereas Ade may be wasteful, he offers a hell of alot more. Can hold up the ball, be an aerial threat, and i should hope he'll be completely up for his first game back!!

It leaves us with one out and out striker though, who has had an extremely poor season goals wise. He hasn't even contributed in terms of assists either.

It leaves us with one out and out striker though, who has had an extremely poor season goals wise. He hasn't even contributed in terms of assists either.

True. But if Defoe was fit it would still leave us with no in form striker.

It's not like Defoe is out for long, 3 weeks. One PL match and two EL matches. I can't see that making or breaking our season.

Is that confirmed its only 3 weeks btw? I see the Mirror reckon he could be out for 2 months, hopefully that's just sensationalist journalism.

Id rather have 2 out of form strikers than 1.

i predict Ade will come good as the sole striker.
don't think he ever enjoyed playing second fiddle to defoe.
plus he will be enjoying more interactive plays with bale going forward and new boy holtby who seems to have a good vision

Is that confirmed its only 3 weeks btw? I see the Mirror reckon he could be out for 2 months, hopefully that's just sensationalist journalism.

Id rather have 2 out of form strikers than 1.

AVB

"We'll have to scan it to see if there is more damage, but hopefully it will only be two to three weeks," he said.

"He has some ligament damage to his ankle. We will have to see the full extent of the injury. But we will miss him badly."

Not confirmed yet no, but early signs are good. Plus if it'll give him a chance to get over his hip issue it's not exactly bad.

I'd rather have an Ade out of form than a Defoe out of form, but that's not really for this thread.

Surely Levy has sent a private jet to pick up Ade quickly.
One with Spurs logo and Ade's face painted on its side

Surely Levy has sent a private jet to pick up Ade quickly.
One with Spurs logo and Ade's face painted on its side

:lol: would work wonders for his ego. It'd be good to have him back soon, like other posters mentioned he thrives on being wanted/needed.

:lol: would work wonders for his ego. It'd be good to have him back soon, like other posters mentioned he thrives on being wanted/needed.

He's got his chance now time to step up or get out, if Ade can't deliver over the coming weeks it's just not going to happen.

Congrats....

...although partying like it's 1994 would be even better, I imagine!

Start of something big for Nigerian football, you think?

Not likely unfortunately. i think we are where we are right now cause no one expected us to do anything. pressure is off. then there is the fact that there are actually less talented players in the squad than normal.....and that has eliminated the big ego syndrome...people seem to want to work a bit more for it now

i dont know , i would hope that money gets funnelled in the right direction, but i am pretty sure it wont be.

it could be though that Nigerian footballers become in vogue again though.....

Burkina Faso done their nation proud. and contrary to the scoreline...mali done their nation VERY proud ..especially considering the issue they have bck home with all the violence

I told you Ghana would get far didn't I? ;)

That pressure free year is helping you I reckon

yep, i think so.

what i like about the finals is the both teams were not expected to do well and as such the winners have really put ina shift and an unexpected team has won it again this year....

Back