• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

Spot on !
Lennon just reeks of the mediocrity that we have been happy to put with season after season. For every brief flirtation with a VDV, Modric and Berbatov we have had a Lennon, Jenas and Dawson who stay nearly 10 years and under achieve. Lennon stopped improving years and years ago. He has shown no interest in either adapting his game or improving on his weaknesses, simply because he has enjoyef a "free pass" here for years in the comfort zone.

He has been here almost 10 years. 10 bloody years ! How on earth can a professional footballer who plays in an attacking position not teach himself to even strike the ball properly, over 10 whole years. How ?

Not a lot of pace in that ...

btw, I agree Lennon shouldn't be automatic first choice

That's the thing, we really lack pace in attack now. Not saying Lennon should start ahead of these guys either, but I can see an argument that says having him in there could bring more to the team in terms of attacking options.

Spot on !

It's not ... I love how Spurs fans build this myth of Spurs mediocrity in the last 7 years, we have consistently finished between 6th-4th, played in Europe, made a CL QF and finished above every team in the PL at one point or another except the Scum.

Not quite mediocrity .. no quite the accomplishments of the "championship" footballers

It's not ... I love how Spurs fans build this myth of Spurs mediocrity in the last 7 years, we have consistently finished between 6th-4th, played in Europe, made a CL QF and finished above every team in the PL at one point or another except the Scum.

Not quite mediocrity .. no quite the accomplishments of the "championship" footballers

it really is an amazing stat that in the last 5 years weve finished above Chelsea, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project, Man Utd, Everton but finished no higher than 4th

Just saying. We finally got Manure last season, so obviously Arsenal would come next and hopefully soon.

And why not. They may have a stormer of a season or the weaknesses in their squad may cost them. We could be **** or we could be excellent. I'd rather have he ambition to finish as high as we can and above them and others rather than the negative view that we cant

Never known how fans can just level this at a player. Is it not possible there are other reasons if he has stagnated or regressed? Change of management? Change of what is asked of him? Injuries? He's always shown a good attitude as far as I can see, works very hard for the team but if there is a lack of quality at times it doesn't always come down to him not showing an interest or enjoying a free pass. I think that's an unfair criticism of him.

=D>

His issue with crossing in a myth, Lennon actually puts in decent crosses and has a nice mix (regular cross, pull back, floated to back post), almost never does a Row Z cross.

Two of Lennon's biggest issues for me come with how the team is set up, one is we need to get the ball to him early (that allows him to isolate the FB), second is it doesn't matter what kind of cross he (or anyone) puts in, if no one is in the box (or if more than one person is not in the box), see last game when Lamela got the ball and Ade was behind him.

Spot on!

In fact, if we got the ball to him early, he would find a striker like Soldado many many times...

Do you mean Lennon or the player who is capable of finding Lennon earlier?

Lennon. A player capable of quick and decisive passing is good in either case. A winger who likes space to run at a full back has issues when there's no space to run into. Add to that a defence that is back and fully prepared to deal with crosses into the box.

Lennon. A player capable of quick and decisive passing is good in either case. A winger who likes space to run at a full back has issues when there's no space to run into. Add to that a defence that is back and fully prepared to deal with crosses into the box.

There are games when Lennon's pace, and opposition's fear of it give us a string to our bow. Of course when oppositions just park the bus, the Lennon can often be semi-negated. But it's at that point when other players in our squad who are far less reliant on sheer pace should hopefully take over our attacking fight: Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado and perhaps Kane.
Lennon's skills add to the squad mix. Lennon's skills would add even more if we still had a Carrick/Modric/Thudd type who could switch play quicker and get Lennon isolated against individual defenders earlier.

There are games when Lennon's pace, and opposition's fear of it give us a string to our bow. Of course when oppositions just park the bus, the Lennon can often be semi-negated. But it's at that point when other players in our squad who are far less reliant on sheer pace should hopefully take over our attacking fight: Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado and perhaps Kane.
Lennon's skills add to the squad mix. Lennon's skills would add even more if we still had a Carrick/Modric/Thudd type who could switch play quicker and get Lennon isolated against individual defenders earlier.

To me this is something Poch can bring, both Eriksen and Lamela can play an early ball, preferably someone alongside Eriksen to allow Lamela and Lennon to make the run and in turn supply the striker.

I think I agree with this; Problem is, WHO is capable of doing that now in the current squad?

I am looking to see if the new boy is up to it. I also think Bentaleb can. I see Bentaleb as part of a very dynamic midfield, he is a quick and sharp passer (when he loses possession it's usually as a result of moving faster than some around him)…I think our full-backs can also distribute quickly and crisply, but Stambouli could be the key here. For me, Capoue is simply too slow in this regard, but again, let's see I suppose…would also love to know what is up with Carroll, as he has all the attributes but is always on loan...

Lennon's progress has stalled in the last few years. Don't think he fulfilled his true potential at Spurs. Wouldn't have mind if we had sold him in the transfer window. But looking at our lack of sigings, really glad we didn't sell him.

More so, what does he add against the opponents who sit back deep and defend against us?

Then he should spend more time running across the face of the defence, drawing a foul, at which point Eriksen steps up.

In this scenario, starting him on the left works better.

Back