• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2023 Women’s World Cup

Spain were the better team tbh. Should probably have scored a couple more. England were pretty direct throughout the game, didn't really work at any point.

Shame, but at least they make these finals.

I feel sorry for the England girls..such high hopes and they fought well but they were up against it from the start and Spain had them chasing shadows. It's about skill, isn't it?
Maybe they could have handled the game differently.

I feel sorry for the England girls..such high hopes and they fought well but they were up against it from the start and Spain had them chasing shadows. It's about skill, isn't it?
Maybe they could have handled the game differently.

Spain just much better IMO. We have pushed on as much as we can with the talent we have, testament to the manager for that.

Pretty tinkle poor that William couldn’t even make the trip. No doubt he’d have been there 3 weeks ago if it was the men’s.

Interesting read on the Spanish team and how last year (?) 15 players called up refused to join unless the manager was changed as he was known as a strict taskmaster. Well, has he been vindicated? The players ignored him when they were celebrating. It's a power struggle, for most of the other women's teams too, that they get recognition and support from their FA.

Also, the captain that scored the winning goal, only found out after the match that her Dad died before the game started. That's a tough one to take.

Several of the Barcelona players (3?) refused to rejoin the squad. I wonder how they feel now. It could make an interesting squad as it will have many of the winning Spanish team, some who boycotted last year but ended up playing and some who stayed out, as well as a couple of England players.

And incur the wrath of just stop oil, I doubt he could win regardless of the choices TBH

Don't think it had anything to do with climate optics. William had to stay home to have a Balmoral summit with Brian about the future of the Monarchy.

hopefully they come to the conclusion that it has no future.

Don't think it had anything to do with climate optics. William had to stay home to have a Balmoral summit with Brian about the future of the Monarchy.

We can live in hope. Bloodsuckers everyone of them.

Im just saying, people would be crying with way, everyone seems to have skin in the game in everyone elses decisions these days

Also, the captain that scored the winning goal, only found out after the match that her Dad died before the game started. That's a tough one to take.

Apparently he died on friday after a long illness and the family decided not to tell her until after the game. It seems a reasonable decision. The grief will be the same and his death was not unexpected. Tell her before the game and she could have lost an important moment in her life. The sad thing is the father didn't get to see her win.

WTF is with that Spanish FA boss kissing the Spanish player? o_O

Yeah not a great look. I suspect he probably just got caught up in the moment. Not excusing it but all the same.

I see Megan Rapinoe has got involved as usual and has had her say. I don’t really follow women’s football but I was glad when the USA were knocked out given how they rubbed it in when they beat us at the last World Cup.

Yeah not a great look. I suspect he probably just got caught up in the moment. Not excusing it but all the same.

I see Megan Rapinoe has got involved as usual and has had her say. I don’t really follow women’s football but I was glad when the USA were knocked out given how they rubbed it in when they beat us at the last World Cup.

At last years Chelsea game, I was walking up the steps at half time. Got to the end of my row and Skipp lashed in the opener. I grabbed the poor sod on the end of the row and hugged him like he’s never been hugged before or since. Been a bit embarrassing having to get by him at the games since…maybe I owe him an apology?

That said, a kiss on the lips does seem a bit brainless particularly in this day and age.

At last years Chelsea game, I was walking up the steps at half time. Got to the end of my row and Skipp lashed in the opener. I grabbed the poor sod on the end of the row and hugged him like he’s never been hugged before or since. Been a bit embarrassing having to get by him at the games since…maybe I owe him an apology?

That said, a kiss on the lips does seem a bit brainless particularly in this day and age.

He has apologised for what it’s worth. I’ve only seen a clip and tbh I’ve seen worse.

I think there are muddy lines with it all though, he showed emotion to someone he clearly knew, if you see her reaction she seemed fine, she came out after and said she was fine. I think thats all the counts really.

I also find it almost anti feminist that people feel she needs heroes coming out to her defence, if she has a problem presumably the platforms are there for her to escalate it?

Its like anything these days, people who are not the victim are more upset than the victim and will go at great lengths to weaponise it. The shame is that the faux issues detract from the real issues

Back