• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2023 Women’s World Cup

Shouldn't even be a question, James should be suspended.

Toone played well, and deserves to stay in

Last edited:
Toone or James in the final?

It's a tough one, I'm sure Wiegman will be asked this a lot in the coming days but will presumably remain on the fence.

James is a generational talent and she does things that our other players can't do. Does one moment of madness mean she shouldn't start now she's back and available? It seems harsh on Toone who did well today but I'd probably go with James. She'll want to redeem herself and Toone will want to impress off the bench so it's a win win situation.

Good thing is there seems to be a great team spirit in the camp (I guess it always seems that way when you're winning). As I don't watch any WSL and only know these players from this campaign and the Euros I'm happy with whichever way the manager goes with it.

It's a tough one, I'm sure Wiegman will be asked this a lot in the coming days but will presumably remain on the fence.

James is a generational talent and she does things that our other players can't do. Does one moment of madness mean she shouldn't start now she's back and available? It seems harsh on Toone who did well today but I'd probably go with James. She'll want to redeem herself and Toone will want to impress off the bench so it's a win win situation.

Good thing is there seems to be a great team spirit in the camp (I guess it always seems that way when you're winning). As I don't watch any WSL and only know these players from this campaign and the Euros I'm happy with whichever way the manager goes with it.

I'd go the other way, start Toone, if it doesn't work, bring on James with the "go on then, prove me wrong" pep talk.

I'd go the other way, start Toone, if it doesn't work, bring on James with the "go on then, prove me wrong" pep talk.

If it works then i'm all for it but it seems like a risk to leave out your best player and might be too late for James to rescue it. I don't know enough about Spain's style but don't think any team out there would like to play against James rather than Toone..

Typical Aussie, can’t recognise a truth through his prism of benighted flimflam.

My mums uncle was Viv Chalwin. Have a look what he did for Aussie soccer. He’ll be turning in his grave the way you guys approach sport.

What? You told me a story about playing some kids next door and winning 32-0 followed by “you’ll always be brick X” and expected me to care? Why?

Typical pun from The Sun, if a bit unfair. The paper is Australian owned, though.

F3rvfXbWsAAvXjs

Can’t help but feel a bit of over celebration here, it’s only the semi.

No one dreams of just getting to a final. That’s small time.

Feels like us in 2019.

If you get to the final, make sure you fudging win it, or the whole campaign was a waste of time.

Spain are playing some nice football. Good tempo and looking at quick passes.

England have defended well for most of the game, but just seem slow in attack.

Not getting players forward, or holding onto the ball too long.

Still not out of this, but will need a better 2nd half

Wiegman doing what we should have done with Moura and Kane. Stick with semifinal team and change it at HT if it isnt working

Back