• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2023 Women’s World Cup

Another picture of his celebrating with a player.

TELEMMGLPICT000346524482_16929468666360_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq3_Ew1BqqNV8YbZZ__zb2sVyYKqvjCKM6HWhYeQxaJvg.jpeg

Getting very ugly now. I say getting, it already was. Spanish FA threatening legal action. Spanish female players won’t play until the president is removed.

Condoning Rubiales misses the point. HE is the one that has prolonged the matter by issuing a mealy mouthed apology! We know it was mealy mouthed because of his subsequent reaction to it. He was taken up with emotion? Well would he have kissed a male footballer on the lips? Or what if she had grabbed his crotch? Kissing on the lips is very personal, normally reserved for your partner not a work colleague. Kiss a work colleague on the lips without their consent in pretty much any work place will land you in trouble. The outrage is that Rubiales thinks he is in a special position where such rules do not apply.

Maybe if he had issued a sincere apology then this could have blown over. But let's be clear it is Rubiales who is the problem here not the Spanish player or the reaction.

Last edited:
As someone who is happy to admit when wrong there are elements of this I have got wrong, equally maybe not communicated well enough.

My point about all incidents being judged on their own merit and by those involved remains, but alas I should have taken own advice and waited till all the facts came out before chiming in. We always learn

Yes, a simple apology saying he was in the wrong and reacted badly in the emotion of the victory might have been enough. He had, and still has, the support of the Spanish federation, which could have saved him. Instead he went on the offensive (in both senses), so much so that even FIFA had to act.

It's staggering that the federation are threatening to sue Hermoso over her lies about Rubiales. He must know where the bodies are buried.

Extremely well covered on Sky Sports News (Super Sunday Matchday) today, particularly from Darren Lewis.

There's a lot wrong here from what I can see. The guy apparently has quite a lot of form for poor behaviour of this nature, the Spanish FA threatened the player with defamation...

The saddest thing here in many ways is that this is the biggest thing that Hermoso can achieve professionally and she's having it absolutely ruined by some pretty poor behaviour from someone who should know better and who should have shown genuine contrition afterwards. It's very, very sad for her on many levels.

Yes, Hermoso and the Spanish team win the world up, the ultimate achievement in their sport, and its overshadowed by this circus. They'll still be able to look back on the victory, but their enjoyment of the moment can't be the same.

Talk about a case study in mishandling a situation. There is some serious incompetence in the Spanish FA.

Mishandling is an understatement. Rubiales and the Spanish FA seem to be proactively trying to find things to make the situation worse.

how much more do they have to fudge it up before they get thrown out of FIFA and England get given the World Cup?

Back