• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2023 Women’s World Cup

I think there are muddy lines with it all though, he showed emotion to someone he clearly knew, if you see her reaction she seemed fine, she came out after and said she was fine. I think thats all the counts really.

I also find it almost anti feminist that people feel she needs heroes coming out to her defence, if she has a problem presumably the platforms are there for her to escalate it?

Its like anything these days, people who are not the victim are more upset than the victim and will go at great lengths to weaponise it. The shame is that the faux issues detract from the real issues

Didn’t she publicly say that she didn’t like it?

upload_2023-8-23_15-14-50.png
upload_2023-8-23_15-15-5.png
I mean she may have been coerced into that, but TBH from the incident to that response I think its probably more grounded that the outrage IMO.

I saw Rapinoe had her say on it, but when hasn't she

View attachment 15907
View attachment 15908
I mean she may have been coerced into that, but TBH from the incident to that response I think its probably more grounded that the outrage IMO.

I saw Rapinoe had her say on it, but when hasn't she

That was released after an initial post where she said she didn’t like it. I don’t disagree that people will be only too eager to get outraged on her behalf but it does seem like a really poor error of judgment that looks wrong on many levels and made the recipient feel uncomfortable.

That was released after an initial post where she said she didn’t like it. I don’t disagree that people will be only too eager to get outraged on her behalf but it does seem like a really poor error of judgment that looks wrong on many levels and made the recipient feel uncomfortable.

Ahhh then her comments after further muddy the water, but that said I still think its her incident to be outraged about and if he says sorry and she says fine, then it should be an end to it. If something happened to me at work and I came to a resolution with my employers, the last thing I would want is for it to be dredged up by people who are only commenting from a distance.

I think people often talk about thinks lacking context, they just won the WC, elation and emotion play a massive part. He isn't copping a feel at the water cooler

Ahhh then her comments after further muddy the water, but that said I still think its her incident to be outraged about and if he says sorry and she says fine, then it should be an end to it. If something happened to me at work and I came to a resolution with my employers, the last thing I would want is for it to be dredged up by people who are only commenting from a distance.

I think people often talk about thinks lacking context, they just won the WC, elation and emotion play a massive part. He isn't copping a feel at the water cooler

Mountains being made out of molehills.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to speak out against inappropriate behaviour and even more so if the person to whom it was directed has said they didn't like it. And he might not have been "copping a feel" at the water cooler, but he was grabbing his crotch and gesturing when celebrating in the stands, which whilst not necessarily connected, adds to the picture of him.
"Oh he got carried away", "oh he was just celebrating" etc. excuses and condones the behaviour.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to speak out against inappropriate behaviour and even more so if the person to whom it was directed has said they didn't like it. And he might not have been "copping a feel" at the water cooler, but he was grabbing his crotch and gesturing when celebrating in the stands, which whilst not necessarily connected, adds to the picture of him.
"Oh he got carried away", "oh he was just celebrating" etc. excuses and condones the behaviour.

Poch the Crotch used to grab his, in fact he did it more than once, several times infact, I wouldn't paint a picture of him because of it, I would probably suspect its something abit more cultural than sexual even if its not a good look.

Im not condoning the behaviour, I am saying that people being judge juror and executioners on situations they are not in, not party to the full picture and also in many cases lacking context is not something I am all to comfortable with. The fact after the heat of the moment she has come out and defended the guy suggests the situation was part of the bigger picture. Each incident has varying levels of gravity to them, and therefore the right to be judged on its own merit, not under the weight of history

For me its a situation for the victim to decide how she feels and act accordingly, not me to tell her what to do or equally judge someone I don't know as a monster.

My overall point is this, I have twice in 20 years had comments at work about being a Jew, one by someone who thought it was ok to tie into banter about Spurs, I dealt with it and accepted the apology, having it know it was ok. But from then on it was dealt with, if someone felt the need then after to go after the person to have them sacked or push for more than I was willing to resolve I would have been more offended than the original offence. I get that there are different scales and this is in the public eye, but I think fundamentally the same applies, if he apologises and she says fine, its not really anyone else's battle IMO

Last edited:

Also her statement saying she understood and they had a good relationship was released by the Spanish FA on her behalf. It does give the impression she was coerced into saying something.

So she was worth kissing?

If you look back at my posts I’ve said no such thing nor have I defended the guy. He shouldn’t have done it, he clearly got way too excited and reacted inappropriately. He has apologised which is only right and the person he kissed is ok with the apology as far as I have seen? I don’t think he should lose his job personally but he most probably will step down or get pushed out so all the people calling for him to lose his job will get their wish.

If you look back at my posts I’ve said no such thing nor have I defended the guy. He shouldn’t have done it, he clearly got way too excited and reacted inappropriately. He has apologised which is only right and the person he kissed is ok with the apology as far as I have seen? I don’t think he should lose his job personally but he most probably will step down or get pushed out so all the people calling for him to lose his job will get their wish.

I don't think she is, in so far as she has asked her union to represent her going forward.

People in positions of power and authority are held to higher levels of accountability, it goes with the territory.

Apparently if you want people's personal space to be respected and for people to not be kissed on the lips without consent by men (or anyone of course) in positions of authority you're just jumping at the chance to be offended. By reacting to things that aren't right you are the problem, rather than the person who has done the bad thing......

It's a strange old world, you're not allowed to just grab random women and do whatever you want to them, even if they're your wife or secretary, it's political correctness gone mad I tell you!!

This thread reeks of a typical lack of empathy, "I've seen worse", "I hugged someone in a joyous moment, was that not okay as well!?". One mention of the word patriarchy or how things have historically been for women and many will be having kittens no doubt.

And because of a crotch grabbing, personal space invader now it's the main thing that's being spoken about rather than how great the tournament and the football was, which is a shame. But it isn't the footballer who got kissed's fault.

Back