• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2023 Women’s World Cup

tommysvr

Justin Edinburgh
Kicks off today with New Zealand v Norway and Australia v Ireland. Can’t remember as big a build up and wish I was home for it. Going to be an awesome tournament I feel.

Strong start from Haiti, it's amazing they're there but clearly aren't just wanting to make up the numbers.

Glad we've gone with Russo up front. It'll be interesting if the players can cope with the mantle of being up there as favourites.

VAR, ref checks the screen, no penalty given - and the referee explains her reasoning to the crowd.
Wonder if/when that will be introduced to the men's game/PL?

deep in first half injury time and still getting everyone bombing forward despite Haiti's pace advantage, madness

just sit deep and get to HT

Poor finishing has saved us here, two one v ones and another chance where Haiti totally caught us out that fizzled out after a run from Bronze.

Very lucky to be one up and the penalty was a bit of a gift too. Don't think it's complacency but moreso that Haiti have been really good (although there's been a fair bit of rolling around on the floor which apparently only happens in the men's game...)

Didn't seem to be at the same level as the Euros, but then again we have some injuries and maybe a bit of first match nerves or complacency. Hopefully they grow into it as the group goes on.

Watching France v Jamaica and just can’t get into it. I get that you have crap matches in men’s football as well but the standard just isn’t anywhere near the men’s. No doubt about it that the women’s game is growing which is good and the stadiums are much more packed nowadays.

Watching France v Jamaica and just can’t get into it. I get that you have crap matches in men’s football as well but the standard just isn’t anywhere near the men’s. No doubt about it that the women’s game is growing which is good and the stadiums are much more packed nowadays.

In a weird way I was impressed with the England game as Haiti were abut of a surprise package and made for an enjoyable game, but like you, trying to get into others and it's not there for me. That said I don't watch as much football for football sake anymore

In a weird way I was impressed with the England game as Haiti were abut of a surprise package and made for an enjoyable game, but like you, trying to get into others and it's not there for me. That said I don't watch as much football for football sake anymore

Yeah the women’s game has come on in leaps and bounds, you only have to look at how our own club pushes the women’s team to see how popular it is now. Still a long way to go if they want to be paid the same as the men as the Aussie team seem to think they deserve. Hopefully they’ll get the money if the game continues to grow and catches up with the men in terms of revenue and interest it generates.

Cracking game between Colombia and Germany. 2-1, 96th-minute winner and an absolute screamer for Colombia's first.

Japan had only 23% possession in their win over Spain today. That's the 2nd lowest possession held in a world cup win ever.
The record?
17%
Japan - Spain 2-1 WC 2022

Good game against China, proving that a back three formation can be quite aggressive if your players are twice the size of the opposition. 3-1 up after two dodgy decisions against Bronze, but it’s fair enough for a nation which can deliver billions of viewers to get a helping hand here and there.

Back