• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

1882 Movement

It appeared to me that the voice over was implying that Sky were somehow at least partially responsible.

Take it they'll be doing it for a youth game next season? Shame The likes of Wigan Blackburn and Bolton are probably going down would be natural progression to move on to a prem game where tickets are easy to come by

The footage was recorded by a camera man who works for Match of the Day/BBC. Along with an editor, they put the short 'film' together. It is overly dramatic but there you go. Flav (the narrator) is a bit emotional like that. We've already ripped the tinkle out of him for his Essex Danny Dyer impression.

As for the tag 'ultras' this was initially done just to build up some hype before the Charlton game. To be honest, we're just Spurs fans, no different from any other. Well, other than wanting to sing for 90 minutes and smile no matter what happens. Which is what we achieved. Would be nice if this happened at the Lane but lets face it, the pressures of the first team and supporting the first team mean you probably mean most would not be able to sing for 90 minutes due to 'chewing of the hand' motions.

We'll planning another day out like this (probably next season). Probably more than once or twice.

Spooky - you should try and have a go of organizing something similar for the home pre season friendly - would be an easy (easier) way of getting a lot of people sitting in close proximity - and a good chance of recruiting people to the cause

or even the away games like sunderland/wigan/blackburn - where the tickets usually go on general sale - would be a decent way of creating a bit more hype among the more regular match goers and eventually effect the home match atmospheres

Last edited:
Its been suggested along with one or two other pre-season 'activities'.

It was a cracking night (even though they took our drum away with the most feeble of excuses) and meeting loads of yiddos (from the online world) was pretty sweet.

i dunno how far you guys were/are planning on taking it, but with a bit of persistence it could take off - think you should give it a go

The footage was recorded by a camera man who works for Match of the Day/BBC. Along with an editor, they put the short 'film' together. It is overly dramatic but there you go. Flav (the narrator) is a bit emotional like that. We've already ripped the tinkle out of him for his Essex Danny Dyer impression.

As for the tag 'ultras' this was initially done just to build up some hype before the Charlton game. To be honest, we're just Spurs fans, no different from any other. Well, other than wanting to sing for 90 minutes and smile no matter what happens. Which is what we achieved. Would be nice if this happened at the Lane but lets face it, the pressures of the first team and supporting the first team mean you probably mean most would not be able to sing for 90 minutes due to 'chewing of the hand' motions.

We'll planning another day out like this (probably next season). Probably more than once or twice.

Hats off, spooky.

You guys did a great job. Lots of singing. Loads of support. No cynicism. Really hope it grows and even spills over into competitive first team games.

Standing areas in grounds, official standing areas...that's the only way it will enter the proper stadiums and category a games. 200+ at WHL making noise for 90 minutes no matter what? You'll soon have that 200 double and triple. Probably.

Not just Sky Sports but just the mentality of the game, the manner of how it's policed and the lack of trust. Compare us to Germany and we're laughable in comparison. Although quite how fans can walk into dressing rooms in Italy and 'chat' with the players is anyone's guess. Proper Ultras on the continent. The right wing melters.

Although I was impressed with their effort they won't be deemed proper ultras in my eyes until they do a twenty minute rendition of the Nicola berti song

Ooooh tense

Makes it sound like the battle of the Somme at the end

I wept, and so did Jesus :)

Fair play to those that could be arsed to go

Looks a good crack and a decent turnout - I really hope it takes off as I will definitely try to make the next one , I'm a ST holder but quite often get p*ssed off with some of the negativity in the stands at whl so imagine this was quite refreshing as the result or performance wasn't the be all and end all. Well played to you all

Any chance the thread title can be changed to: 1882 - NextGen Spurs v Barca

Info here: http://www.thefighting****.co.uk/tag/1882/

In a nutshell, the club have allocated us blocks 15 and 16 in the West Stand. When you call up, cite '1882' and you'll get a ticket in the block. That's if you want to stand and sign for 90 minutes non-stop.

Further to the announcement of the 1882 movement, The Fighting **** are delighted to confirm that the club have allocated us two blocks (15-16) in the West Lower for the NextGen games against Barcelona. That’s about 600 seats. It would be amazing to sell them all, which would easily do the 250 we took to the Charlton youth game back in March.

For those that want to meet before the game we will be in the Bricklayers pub from about 5pm. They know we’re coming.

Ticket info:

This is the email we received from Spurs:

We have had an internal meeting and I can confirm that we have reserved off 2 blocks for the NextGen series fixture against Barcelona on Thursday 13th September.

The blocks that have been allocated to you are blocks 15 and 16 which are located in the West Lower. Tickets are priced at adults £5, One Hotspur adult members can purchase tickets at £3 and Junior and Senior Citizen tickets will be priced at £1.00.

To book tickets please contact the ticket office on 0844 844 0102 and select option 2. When booking tickets we ask that your members quote the name of your group ’1882′ as this way you will all be located together. All the staff in the ticket office have been made aware of your group and the reserved area for this fixture.

I have spoken to our safety officer who has informed me that banners and large flags are not permitted in the ground however standard sized flags are allowed and will not be confiscated.

We have requested clarification on why large flags are a safety issue, and they will get back to us with an explanation. We’re hoping to be able to lay any flags on empty seats and along the concrete wall at the front of the stand.

Just a quick note. The club have been extremely helpful in getting this off the ground.

Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona in the NextGen Series. Thursday 13th September, KO 7pm.

Call the ticket office on 0844 844 0102 and quote ’1882′

Meet before the game in the Bricklayers pub around 5pm

Bit gutted it's on the 16th. If it had been a Thursday night before a Saturday home game I'd have come down for the NExtgen and stayed over for a few days.

Any chance the thread title can be changed to: 1882 - NextGen Spurs v Barca

Info here: http://www.thefighting****.co.uk/tag/1882/

In a nutshell, the club have allocated us blocks 15 and 16 in the West Stand. When you call up, cite '1882' and you'll get a ticket in the block. That's if you want to stand and sign for 90 minutes non-stop.

Tsk, I dunno. A semi popular blog and a reasonably listened to podcast, and suddenly you thing you'll be signing autographs for an hour and a half. Big time charlie.

Back