• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

We sack Poch we are back to square 1. He needs to kick some arse after tonight. No more excuses, no more interviews to the press from players saying how they will turn it around. Just focus on Saturday's game and give a big performance. So fudging disgusted with the team tonight.

Funny thing it was Pep that played the diamond with City first.

And then swiftly abandoned it after a couple of games.

We sack Poch we are back to square 1. He needs to kick some arse after tonight. No more excuses, no more interviews to the press from players saying how they will turn it around. Just focus on Saturday's game and give a big performance. So fudging disgusted with the team tonight.

How about no more interviews from him flirting with Real?

I don’t disagree with your post btw.

Are we? We've barely played a half decent game all season and now an embarrassing result at Colchester. I'm sure we could find a manager to come in and do exactly what Poch is doing now.

I think the problem with Poch is that his style has a very short window, mainly because of the physical expectations he has of players. They are run into the ground so as to play to his style. This creates two problems; some players just cannot take the punishment and do not last the distance, whilst other just get jack of it. Eriksen looks to be in the latter camp. He really had the look of someone who could not be fudged!

I think the problem with Poch is that his style has a very short window, mainly because of the physical expectations he has of players. They are run into the ground so as to play to his style. This creates two problems; some players just cannot take the punishment and do not last the distance, whilst other just get jack of it. Eriksen looks to be in the latter camp. He really had the look of someone who could not be fudged!

Exactly what happens to Bielsa.

Poch needs to take a leaf out of Ferguson's book. Get on with it or get out. Sir Alex had no problems kicking Van Nistelrooy out the door when he deviated from the project, even if he was widely regarded as one of Europe's finest strikers. Poch should do the same, we are not a coherent team anymore, it's like most of them wants to look good rather than do good. We look laboured doing the simplest of things, and I'm not talking about (just) tonight. I've mentioned - jokingly - earlier that Alli should never have been a Fifa feature, everything since then has had the YouTube-stink about it. Even simple passes are to be executed with 110% flair, and it has been going on for too long to be a blip. I would also say that Eriksen is doing himself no favours to make his dream move come true. Good luck getting 300K per week in Madrid when you have been playing below par for the majority of an entire year. It's not like he's not trying though, it's just like he's utterly unfocused. I feel sorry for Poch about this, he'll get critizised regardless whether he picks him or bench him. But when a professional and main corner taker blows a corner kick 30 yards too far, something's not right. You won't see a more pathetic attempt in the entire league system, including women and under-16's. Positives are that the only way from this is upwards, plus we won't be seeing further strain on our wage budget by improved contracts for a while, I'd reckon.

In September and in lacklustre form - and he is talking about the January transfer window :eek:

You wont be here in January the way this is going.

Blimey, basically writing this season off.

I’m desperate to know exactly what is going on behind the scenes. I think it’s very clear that a number of players don’t want to be here, but I’m intrigued as to exactly how that’s playing out and and how it’s affecting everyone. E.g. why was Alli so brick tonight?

If it’s that bad, shouldn’t Poch just put the guilty parties in the reserves and promote some youth in the interim? Can’t be too much worse than things as they are.

wow, he really said that today, with the squad we have?

balls as big as lemons

I bet with the contract we gave him sacking him would cost us a fortune

He wants out, he really wants out and if that’s the case he should grow a pair of balls and resign, not wait to be sacked for a compensation payout and show respect to the club, Tottenham Hotspur is bigger than Mauricio Pochettino will ever be.

This. This. THIS. We have a number of players in and around 30 now who will be thinking they won’t prolong their careers playing under Poch.

Saturday is huge now!

And Southampton banged in a hatful tonight...:(

This. This. THIS. We have a number of players in and around 30 now who will be thinking they won’t prolong their careers playing under Poch.

And Southampton banged in a hatful tonight...:(

Makes you wonder what good he will do at Madrid don’t it if he is such a one trick pony, they won’t allow him to build a young team from scratch, right now I’m not sure he would last a year there.

Back