• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Cant see Levy giving him much longer. At the moment the Tottenham 'brand' is being impacted by performances and by some of the comments Poch is making.

Cant see Levy giving him much longer. At the moment the Tottenham 'brand' is being impacted by performances and by some of the comments Poch is making.
That’s the brand he built with Levy
It was Poch sat there yesterday in the voting for the worlds best manager

You begin to wonder if Toby, Eriksen and Jan aren’t signing new deals because they want a new manager in before they agree to. Recent performances suggest the players aren’t playing for him. Trippier talked about “things going on behind the scenes”, Poch’s weird comments, bizarre tactics, Wanyama off to Bruges and then straight back in the squad...

I think the problem with Poch is that his style has a very short window, mainly because of the physical expectations he has of players. They are run into the ground so as to play to his style. This creates two problems; some players just cannot take the punishment and do not last the distance, whilst other just get jack of it. Eriksen looks to be in the latter camp. He really had the look of someone who could not be fudged!
I don't disagree that our physical requirements are extremely high, but Liverpool's press and attack tempo are well on par with ours at it's peak, and has been for a while. And they are no younger. Consolation has to be that we'll soon see a significant drop in their performances as well!

I reckon he wants a complete overhaul and a new batch of players to work with. Sessegnon, N'Dombele and GLC are just the tip of the iceberg in his mind, but a combination of Levy haggling into the last minutes of every window and not being able to get rid of the players we don't want or who want out has left Poch with a group of players he doesn't want and who don't want this club.

Blimey, things can turn pretty quickly can’t they! Only recently the narrative was that the players are more committed to Poch than they are to the club, and as soon as he left they would all leave too.

There’s obviously reason to feel concerned, but I find it odd that the emphasis of blame is so much more on Poch than the players. I’m not saying he’s blameless, but the current prevailing narrative all seems very skewed to me.

I don't disagree that our physical requirements are extremely high, but Liverpool's press and attack tempo are well on par with ours at it's peak, and has been for a while. And they are no younger. Consolation has to be that we'll soon see a significant drop in their performances as well!

I think the difference could be that after 4 seasons it’s got them to a CL trophy and 95+ points in the PL. Whereas after 5 seasons at Spurs we still haven’t won a trophy and have gone backwards the last 2 seasons.

Blimey, things can turn pretty quickly can’t they! Only recently the narrative was that the players are more committed to Poch than they are to the club, and as soon as he left they would all leave too.

There’s obviously reason to feel concerned, but I find it odd that the emphasis of blame is so much more on Poch than the players. I’m not saying he’s blameless, but the current prevailing narrative all seems very skewed to me.

Yep totally agree, less than 10 games ago he had us in the CL final against all the odds.

Yet some players have 'credit in the bank' not having kicked a ball in a year, bizarre doesn't come into it.

Yep totally agree, less than 10 games ago he had us in the CL final against all the odds.

Yet some players have 'credit in the bank' not having kicked a ball in a year, bizarre doesn't come into it.

There was plenty of moaning last season too.

No, not just from me.

I think the difference could be that after 4 seasons it’s got them to a CL trophy and 95+ points in the PL. Whereas after 5 seasons at Spurs we still haven’t won a trophy and have gone backwards the last 2 seasons.
Sure, it's just that if our physical regime runs our players into the ground, it should do so with theirs as well. One can hope, at least.

There was plenty of moaning last season too.

Moaning is fine, we are all entitled to moan (I've not posted for a while because i'm in bad place just now and it was becoming to easy to moan), but to be shouting for his head, i don't get it.

No, not just from me.

Back