• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zeki Fryers

Pay attention to the announcement that said Fryers will join the development squad
Same age as Luongo, Bostock, Lancaster etc. and will have to improve and perform to get any shot at first team football.
Reckon he'll play more for the U21s this season than the first team

If he has played any first team games for United in the last year he can't play for our first team anyway. You can only represent 2 clubs in official competitions within 1 year.

I'm slightly confused why some are so upset about us buying a young LB.

He's thought to be good enough be AVB/the management team/whoever decided so it seems like a pretty good thing to me. I doubt the lad has cost the earth. Buying young players who we think will turn out to be the real deal is a good way to go.

We actually have a LB to cover Bae, Though i could now see Bae going to rest of the season without any issues just to make the whole situation amusing. Loaning out Rose was the best move to make, the lad needed to get football under his belt and that is what he is getting. Someone will have to budge over the him staying at Sunderland issue, and usually in these kinds of situations the players bitch and moan until they get what they want.

It's one season.

Ah yes it appears you're right, for some reason I thought it was a calendar year. Was thinking of the disputes when Diarra signed for Pompey, but of course that was because he had 1 appearence in the season for Chelsea which didn't actually count as it was in the Community Shield. He had played in the League Cup final and won against Arsenal less than a year before signing for Portsmouth :D

Once again. I never said he's the future at left back. Danny Rose is.

A small distinction I know, but surely it's more realistic to say Rose might be (or probably is, if you like).

We've all seen far more promising players than Rose turn out to have peaked very early in their careers, we've also seen far worse turn out to become very good players.

Surely if the fee is low the this is just a good insurance policy? If Rose turns out to be as good as we all hope then there's no loss in Fryers not getting a game and moving on. Personally, I like the idea that we have cover coming through early and learning our style/system just in case.

yeah, Man Utd fans didnt really see this as a loss really. It's rare SAF gets it wrong. When was the last time they released a youngster and he went on to do better things?

Rossi & Pique comes to mind......

I'm slightly confused why some are so upset about us buying a young LB.

He's thought to be good enough be AVB/the management team/whoever decided so it seems like a pretty good thing to me. I doubt the lad has cost the earth. Buying young players who we think will turn out to be the real deal is a good way to go.

We actually have a LB to cover Bae, Though i could now see Bae going to rest of the season without any issues just to make the whole situation amusing. Loaning out Rose was the best move to make, the lad needed to get football under his belt and that is what he is getting. Someone will have to budge over the him staying at Sunderland issue, and usually in these kinds of situations the players bitch and moan until they get what they want.

It means we wont be looking for a top quality left back in the summer. A lot of people think neither Benny, Rose or Naughton are up to the required standard.

It's not like we're panic buying some 30 year old Brazilian left back who was never good enough.

Ha ha, Gilberto really was a liability; single handedly knocked us out of Europe didn't he?

I noticed people saying Leighton Baines is now one of the best left backs in the world... despite being behind the centre backs twice against Saudi Sportswashing Machine leading to one goal and one huge opportunity - if Walker did that he would be rightly crucified. You're a hero one week and a villain the same week. Expect Fryers to be lauded as both the best and worst prospect in his first year... (ahem, Ifil)

It means we wont be looking for a top quality left back in the summer. A lot of people think neither Benny, Rose or Naughton are up to the required standard.

I don't think many question whether BAE is good enough.

Rose has had some decent performances for Sunderland. Sunderland. Last season he was poor. And Naughton has been inconsistent.

We needed a proper left back backup, and hopefully we've got one. To call the signing 'clueless' seems premature to say the least.

I don't think many question whether BAE is good enough.

Rose has had some decent performances for Sunderland. Sunderland. Last season he was poor. And Naughton has been inconsistent.

We needed a proper left back backup, and hopefully we've got one. To call the signing 'clueless' seems premature to say the least.
I do, I'm not a big fan of BAE at all, so am well pleased with this. I prefer JV to BAE for most games at LB, and will probably prefer Fryers too. I'm worried about BAE coming back and fudging up the high line we're working on. Still LOL and all that.

so people in their global knowledge of players would actually already rate a young left back unproven in the premiership over BAE

if ever i needed proof that some people dont have a scooby, it was that

firstly its a good punt on a young player that we had time to scrutinize; not some impulse purchase from watching youtube videos or a one-match-wonder against us in some competition

then you have to consider how we screwed Man U out of the so called high fees that they wanted from us for a player who was running down his contract. Could it be that sending him to Standard Liege temporarily was part of the plan right from the start. Sounds like something Levy would conjure up.

so people in their global knowledge of players would actually already rate a young left back unproven in the premiership over BAE

if ever i needed proof that some people dont have a scooby, it was that

I've mainly skimmed this thread, but haVen't got that impression - maybe i've missed something, who are you referring to? Who posted that Fryers is better than BAE?

Back