• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zeki Fryers

Rose is a bit of a whinger though if he's not playing, and while he was here it wasn't as if he was setting the world alight. He looks better with regular game time but if Sunderland are offering 8mil or so I think we should take it.

Benny is still a far superior player to Rose in my opinion, so Benny with Fryers/Naughton/Vertoghen/Bale covering is fine IMO.

On the other hand, Fryers might be the next one to go out on loan. Bring back Rose and let him compete with BAE. If Fryers proves himself on loan, then he comes back and competes with whoever wins the BAE/Rose battle.

There is something to having someone who can cover more than one position. As Mourinho eventually conceded at Chelsea his two for every position was too much. So that is a big plus for Naughton being able to play both sides. Did someone mention that Fryers can also play CB?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...eki-Fryers-could-anger-Manchester-United.html

Paid 3m pounds. That's quite a lot for a guy who played 2nd fiddle to Jelle Van Damme who is just basically a big lump.

Since it's pretty obvious that this was only ever a financial transaction for Standard Liege - money for nothing, in fact - there was little incentive for them to play him other than occasionally, to embellish the illusion of it having been a genuine deal or in the event of other players' injury / supension / fatigue.

Fryers was only ever going to spend four months in Belgium. Would have been crazy, then, to upset and alienate their actual left back.

Since it's pretty obvious that this was only ever a financial transaction for Standard Liege - money for nothing, in fact - there was little incentive for them to play him other than occasionally, to embellish the illusion of it having been a genuine deal or in the event of other players' injury / supension / fatigue.

Fryers was only ever going to spend four months in Belgium. Would have been crazy, then, to upset and alienate their actual left back.
and club captain!
Doesn't change the fact he's really average though.

Is this the first time we've seen an English club use such a construction to bypass paying a lot in compensation fees?
if so, not surprising Standard was used. They're the biggest wheeler dealers in the whole of Europe outside of Italy or Portugal.

3mil? Not exactly peanuts. This kid must be a very decent prospect for the club to spend that much on him.

Is Rose on a season long loan or can we recall him now?

All Premier League loans can be recalled during the Jan window. Whether they be season long or not.

I don't like the idea of selling Benny, it's not just that i think he's a good LB, it's the fact that our other two LB choices aren't particularly experienced.

Boss unhappy with Fryers move

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed his disappointment at Tottenham Hotspur's signing of his former defender Ezekiel Fryers.

The youngster was out of contract at Manchester United and looked set to join Spurs last summer but the two clubs could not agree a compensation package. Instead, the left-back ended up at Standard Liege but moved to White Hart Lane as soon as the January window opened.

The manager is urging the authorities to look into the matter as the Reds lost out on a sizeable fee for the defender but he accepts that Spurs' actions were not in breach of the current rules.

"We expected that to be honest with you," he replied to MUTV, when asked about the Spurs deal. "How would you put it? To me, I think it's a blatant manipulation of the rules.

"Tottenham did nothing wrong as he went to Standard Liege. They tried to buy him off us and we'd been looking for a certain figure. They wouldn't pay it but asked if they could take him down there on trial and, at that time, he was out of contract in June anyway.

"So he went down on trial and he went to Portugal with them. They then said they weren't prepared to pay the money and, all of a sudden, he signed for Standard Liege.

"We knew immediately and suspected that he would return to Tottenham in January and that's happened. It's a [Spurs chairman] Daniel Levy deal. You know, it's his fingerprints all over it. It's the kind of thing we expected he was going to do."

\o/

On Man Utd's official website:

Page 2 of the article just posted by Rossi22.

Sir Alex found it hard to hide his disappointment over the matter and clearly feels the whole situation has been unfair on United, who developed the youngster at Carrington.

"There's nothing we can do about it but I think that really we should, first of all, register our discontent in it," he explained. "I think the league should look into it.

"I think the registration should be stopped until they investigate it thoroughly. There's bound to be a trail, either mobile phones or e-mails, that could give you the full story of it.

"I must say I'm disappointed in Tottenham. For whatever reason, a club that size has decided to go down this route. I'm disappointed."

Um, let's not mention Carrick or Berbatov shall we?

Last edited:
It has Levy's fingerprints all over it, I want it investigated now...

fudge off you red nosed ****, you dont like it up you do you...

fudging prick

well it's not illegal but there's obviously something very fishy about it. It's another Levy masterstroke tactic that probably should have been saved for a youngster that is in the 'special' category and will turn out to be a £20m plus player. Obviously Fryers could still turn out to be decent.

"Tottenham did nothing wrong..."

So stop tinkling yourself then, Fergie. It's not like your actions over the years have been ethical. Berbatov, Carrick, all those foreign youngsters your club poaches.

Well, I expressed my opinion that it was unfair on clubs that develop the players if the compensation rules could be breached so easily.

So I would like to thank Fergie for making me so much better about this.

Fergie's just doing what he does with refs, etc...he's using the press to try and push through a change which protects him. He's hated Levy for years. I suspect our stonewall refusal to sell Modric to him (they inquired and were told not to bother with a second phone call as Levy would never sell a marquee player to them again) hasn't endeared him a y more. And Levy's still angry at the Berba stuff. Levy doesn't do 'illegal' which is why, frankly, we have lost players in the past because he won't throw an extra payment in to some dodgy third party rep. This is just posturing. I'm personally delighted Fergie's gone public with it all and showed how much it hurts him. Means the kid must be excellent!

Tottenham told BBC Sport that they only made a second approach for Fryers after being made aware that the player was "homesick" in Belgium.

A Spurs spokesman said: "Zeki enjoyed his time at Standard - however, when Standard sacked their manager in November Zeki wasn't part of the new manager's plans which he accepts and understands happens in football.

"Unfortunately, a combination of this and the fact he had become homesick meant he wanted to return to England.

"His representatives made contact with clubs in England. This afforded us a second opportunity to sign the player and as per Fifa's solidarity contribution mechanism, Manchester United will receive 5% of the transfer fee we have paid."

Back